Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bret

Water, does it help?

I heard somewhere drinking lots of water helps clear up the skin. Is this superstition or is this something else that people can use to help their skin?

I don't think that's been proven, besides if that is all it took to clear the skin, we wouldn't need all these medicines, etc.

Now, drinking water is definitely good for you, and you should drink lots of it for general good health, it alone will not clear your skin. But heck yea, drink up, it's always better than loading up on pop. Anything healthy you can do for your body, will be reflected in your skin, but you would probably still need something to treat the acne.

I don't think that's been proven, besides if that is all it took to clear the skin, we wouldn't need all these medicines, etc.

Now, drinking water is definitely good for you, and you should drink lots of it for general good health, it alone will not clear your skin. But heck yea, drink up, it's always better than loading up on pop. Anything healthy you can do for your body, will be reflected in your skin, but you would probably still need something to treat the acne.

i heard that water with some lemon is best. i forgot who i heard that from. but she said it really helps. however dont depend on this for your acne problems. try squeezin in some lemon juice whenever you can.

I think water, like all holistic approaches with hormonal acne, will improve the problem in some way. For example increased water for me results in no need for moisturiser because nothing seems to dry out my face, my skin looks much more supple and it makes my spots look better than they are. It also makes me feel overall better which makes my outlook on my acne better, I'm more positive etc.

vinegar does everything, my nan told me that so it could help with acne...i also read it is good for skin by both drinking and applying to the skin, i could be wrong but nana's always right!

so how much water? most people are familiar with the 8 cups of 8oz per day. But what you should take in varies by such variables as activity, weight, etc. I'm fairly active so I usually drink between 2-2.5 liters daily (67-85 oz). I don't think I can handle any more water ... too much of anything, even water is bad. You can confirm that on medical-type web sites.

I'm currently finishing my 3rd week of the regimen and I also drink 2 cups of green tea daily plus all the water. So far no results and its a bit frustrating. I'd like to be able to approach muchachas w/o worrying about my face.

So, let's open some debate on how much water (in general given the variables I mentioned)

at least for me, drinking lots of water plays a factor. your body is 90% water, so if you get dehydrated, your body (particularly the face) with show signs of stress.

I try to drink at least 6-7 cups of water a day

u don't have to drink a lot of water, just a normal amount... i mean ur body in general is gonna suffer when ur dehydrated... so drink water anyway.

First of all, let me touch on the whole flavored water thing. Flavored water is normally carbonated and has aspartame. It would be better for you to drink coke than flavored water. Why, you ask?

1.Carbonation-Carbonation bubbles will build up in the bloodstream preventing oxygen flow, which means if you play sports or excercise, you wont be able to go as long. This will make you feel lethargic, or gassy among other things.

2.Aspartame-Commonly found in diet drinks and flavored water. This stuff has been known to cause life threatening disease. One lady was on over 20 medicines for many illnesses and had to live in the hospital. She also drank a lot of diet coke(which contains aspartame). One day her daughter recommended to her that she should stay off the diet soda. She quit drinking these diet cokes and after 3...3...3... days all of her sickness and disease left her. Now i am not linking aspartame or carbonation with acne, but it is still very bad for you and has been known to cause many many diseases.

My next complaint, lol. One guy stated that you can in fact drink too much water. In order for you to drink to much water, there would have to be a huge salt deficiency in your body. How would you get this deficiency? By being in a 20+ mile marathon and jogging the whole way while drinking lots of water. The only case of drinking too much water is when one marathon runner ran 26 miles straight with nothing but lots of water, and the salt defeciency killed him. So unless you are running over 20 miles, i dont think that you could drink too much water. So drink as much as possible, maybe 70 to 80 oz. daily. Sounds like a lot at first, but your body will get used to it, and start to crave more and more.