Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes exactly what i do! With me it's become such a habit that sometimes i don't realise i'm doing it. And even when my hair is covering my face i will still put my hand up and pretend i'm scratching my head or fiddling with my hair or something if someone goes past. It's very obssessive but i'm paranoid!

wow, I thought I was the only one out there that did something like that. It's nice to actually know there are others out there like me. thanks for the reply hardertobreathe. smile.gif

I have bangs..does that consider as hiding my face? lol. Well no..i dont hide my face wheni talk to other people..i dont hide it at all i think it attracts more attentiont o my face cos people will be like..WTF is that girl doing keep playing around with her hair? But uhmm dont cover ur face all the time cos it might make it worse. i'VE BEEN trying to get rid of my bangs (out grow em) so it wouldnt cover my forehead anymore since my acne is now clear and i've been exposing them ever since! It was really bad when i covered them..now i try to clip them to the side or something. =]

I'm a guy so i have short hair. So I usually move around a lot and walk about so they don't look at my face. People always ask me why i do stuff like that or never look eye to eye.

I am a 21yr old female. I cannot help but cover my face all of the time with my hair (because of the acne on my cheeks) when I am talking to someone face to face. I find myself doing it ALL of the time. a few of my friends and my boyfriend has asked why I always hide my face with my hair and why I never put my hair up.

I just tell them that I think my hair looks stupid up, (not the real reason why).

I cannot stop doing it! does anyone else do this?  sad.gif

I am a 21yr old female. I cannot help but cover my face all of the time with my hair (because of the acne on my cheeks) when I am talking to someone face to face. I find myself doing it ALL of the time. a few of my friends and my boyfriend has asked why I always hide my face with my hair and why I never put my hair up.

I just tell them that I think my hair looks stupid up, (not the real reason why).

oh my god, i always hide my face with my hair too. I hate putting up my hair because it exposes all the acne I have and I only have acne on my cheeks. Having hair in your face all the time is kind of annoying and abit uncomfortable at times. For example, when I'm eating my hair would be on my plate because i have long hair. Sometimes I would just like to tie my hair up in a ponytail and be carefree. At home I tie my hair back and trust me it feels more free and open. It sucks having your hair down because it makes ur face itchy and sometimes some hair can get in your eye too. But if i dont have my hair down, my confidence goes down.

I would always have my hair straight and always done, never tucked behind my ears. When I did pull my hair up, go swimming or anything I always felt very uncomfortable and thought people were staring at my acne. Recently I have been working and I have to wear my hair back, and I've actually become more comfortable with myself. I feel like it is something less to worry about when I am around the people I care about, I'm sure they don't care about my acne as much as I do,( they are still around!)

Oh and my cheeks and side of my forehead has actually cleared up a little- I think by covering my face with my hair, the dirt from my hair was clogging my pores even more. eusa_think.gif

Guest Marino

I always have long hair when i have acne, goes for facial hair too. I feel it helps me hide it better.

When ever i dont have acne i cut it and people notice the total new face [no zits, no red marks, no dryness, no beard/freshly shaven, cool new hair]. I keep it like a finlae, the suspense for me cutting my hair is something my friends look foraward to every year LOL.

Yep... true true.... I know it's one of the worst things that you could do is cover your face with your hair cause the natural oils can make your skin worse... I actually used to wear my hair up ALL the time... my hair is really thick and hard to manage and frizzy if I don't straighten it... so now since my skin as gotten a lot worse, I try wear it up all the time.. I only have it on my cheeks as well... occasionally a few on my forehead but nothing bad at all... I really hope my daughters don't get bad skin... they are so beautiful and I don't want them to have to go through what I am going through... I don't know... hopefully what I'm using now will help... and I can be clear again.. biggrin.gif

You can still wear your hair up and not feel insecure! cool.gif

Try pulling down strands and peices in front of your face or wherever the acne is or on the sides of your cheeks. You could also pull over a chunk from one side and pull it to the other side and put it behind your ear if you have acne on your forehead. It looks better I've found then walking around looking like a wookie..even if some acne is exposed.

I don't know how to explain this very well..so I drew a crappy diagram in like 2 seconds.

post-25227-1120308889_thumb.jpg

post-25227-1120308889_thumb.jpg

i really do appreciate all of the replies. I didn't think I would get any replies from anyone. thanks alot. smile.gif

I want to be able to put my hair up in a pony tail with my boyfriend around but the only time I am able to do it is when he leaves for work and I have the house to myself for a few hours (before I have to go to work). I put my hair up and it feels great, one of the greatest feeling in the world actually. Wish I could do it around him. my acne is only on my cheeks. neutral.gif

i really do appreciate all of the replies. I didn't think I would get any replies from anyone. thanks alot. smile.gif

I want to be able to put my hair up in a pony tail with my boyfriend around but the only time I am able to do it is when he leaves for work and I have the house to myself for a few hours (before I have to go to work). I put my hair up and it feels great,  one of the greatest feeling in the world actually. Wish I could do it around him. my acne is only on my cheeks. neutral.gif

If I were a girl, I would try hiding the acne with make up or something... covering it with hair might make it even worse.

This is from a guy's opinion of course.. just saying smile.gif

thats the frustrating thing about acne, make up is one of then worst things for acne and it only irriates it. but i cant stop wearing make up! .and . it's become a very vicous circle eusa_wall.gif