Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering if the forehead acne I have gotten quite recently for the first time in maybe a year, is it from my longish hair or from the hair products I use? I use Bumble and Bumble Sumotech, Redken no 15 holding gel, my mom's hairspray and a little bit of Bumble and Bumble molding paste some times. I am getting my hair cut next friday is when I see my stylist, I am getting the hair off of my forehead (spiking it), will this get rid of the acne I have there? Thanks.

I was wondering if the forehead acne I have gotten quite recently for the first time in maybe a year, is it from my longish hair or from the hair products I use? I use Bumble and Bumble Sumotech, Redken no 15 holding gel, my mom's hairspray and a little bit of Bumble and Bumble molding paste some times. I am getting my hair cut next friday is when I see my stylist, I am getting the hair off of my forehead (spiking it), will this get rid of the acne I have there? Thanks.

yeah, I tilt my head way back, I've always done this because if I don't it seeps into my eyes (I use several different kinds of shampoo and conditioner that are from hair salons that have pretty big warnings about now getting it into your eyes at all costs). This works very well, it neevr touches my face, you do still have to be very careful, doing it quickly will definitely cause it to go onto your face a little. That is what works for me anyways.

Usually I only have a pimple or two way up in my hair line in the corner where if I put my hair up usually isn't up off my face all too well. I don't believe I put BP up here, and then when I started to, it got bad :-/ I hate BP personally. It has made my neck breakout when it neevr has before and now my forehead.

Yeah, what I do is just tilt the shower head down a little, and stand with my back to it, leaning back to keep the water from touching my face. Kind of weird at first, but you get used to it. Helped my forehead a lot.

Totally truth, I always had long, curly hair and had to put a lot of wax and gel in it to keep it in place. That period I had much acne. Now about 3 months ago, I decided to go the barber and now my hair is so short that I don't need any gel. And what ya think? normally i always had one of two bumps on my forehead, now not even one.

i use bumble and bumble sumotech and redken spray starch and bedhead serum, and i think the bumble makes me break out for some reason

guys i dont think hair products cause acne

reason no 1

do a spot test on ur acne prone area with the hair product u doubt and see if it cause break out

reason no 2

how can a surface irritant go deep enough to clog pores and cause acne

iknow hair products cause local irritation and cause redness

but we are not talking abt redness..this is pimple caused by blockage of pores

how can hair products go deep enough into the skin to cause this

i believe all the relief whichu see when not using hair product and cutting off ur hair is pure coincidental

ihve this forehead acne and done hell lots of research with the hair product im using ..trying spot test

but the spot test never bring acne

istill dont understand what is causing my forehead zits

Depends on what you use. Believe me, I'm a girl, and less than a month ago I had butt-length hair.

A suggestion, don't use gels, mousse etc. Don't use conditioners that have to be washed out.

Get a light hair serum instead.

It's usually the conditioner that is the problem, not the shampoo.

I actually don't use a conditioner even though my stylist always recommends me using one, I use a moisturizing shampoo like once a week and that does the trick fine. I only use my gell occassionally if I have a really wacky style that I would like to do that requires my hair to be heavy duty spiked straight up and have pretty long hair. Then I use the sumotech pomade type substance and mold it to my liking. I don't use a mousse, I haven't used that stuff in years when I stole it from my mother when I was a little kid. I still use her hairspray though....haha.

Maybe the moisturising shampoo is too rich for your skin, even though it suits your hair fine?

Because I switched through a couple of brands before finding one that didn't dry out my hair and didn't give me breakouts on my back. So right now I'm using L'Oreal Professionel Liss

"Kiss My Face" has a line of shampoos and conditioners. Since I've started using them, I have seen a great difference. I don't use any other products in my hair besides their stuff.

so u guys all believe hair products cause face acne and forehead acne ?

can someone who had forehead acne post here who has found cure after being cautious on hair products/

I just got my haircut of course my stylist gives me 5 new products to try. I don't have to worry about them anymore though or anything for that matter, I'm going on Accutane I saw my dermatologist today as well, I start in 2 and a half weeks because I'm leaving for California tomorrow.