Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluebomber

Mask like feature

Does anyone else seem to have a red type mask on there face, like when u put ur chin towards ur collar bone and u see a side view-it seems to look like u placed a red skin mask on, i dont mean a real mask, but it looks like my face is redder than my neck etc, if anyone knows ANY tips on solving this problem pleease tell me, or at least give me some advice

Yeah, this happens to me too. I think I'm prone to it because I'm very fair-skinned. I've particularly had problems w/ AHA turning my face red, although only for a few hours. All I can suggest is lowering the dosage you use until your skin develops tolerance. Also, I believe BP, AHA, etc. makes one more prone to sunburn. Maybe this is what's causing your redness? I only use the AHA at night to give my skin a chance to settle down before I have to go out. Good luck w/ everything.

BP only at night? Tough call. I'm trying to stick to the regimen for a while and make a decision from there, so that's where I'm at. I don't know if you think this might be sunburn or maybe your skin reacting to the BP. It's recommended all over this site that you start w/ a small amount of BP and work your way up. I'm assuming this is what you've done? If not, give it a try. Also, if you think this might be sunburn, then remember to use a high spf sunscreen that doesn't clog pores. Also, it's stated on this site that some redness is normal at first. I'm not sure how long you've been at this. Take all this into account and I'm sure you'll find a solution.