Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misssy

HELP WITH BP -PLEASE READ

I've noticed that there haven't been many posts on back or chest acne. Perhaps it's because it's not a big porblem amongst acne sufferers but it is something that has been bothering me for years and i would really like it if anyone who's experiencing back or chest acne can give me some advice on it, especially since summer is here!

Here's my case. I have mild acne on my back. A couple of pimples here and there but i have loads of whiteheads and some blackheads, which aren't too visible. I had a bad breakout a years ago which left dark marks on my back and i've been using the vinegar method to try and help get rid of em.

Unfortunately i have acne on my face too and 3 weeks ago my derm gave me differin and told me that i could apply a little on the areas on my back too. However, i heard that differin can cause breakouts and i'm not sure if I want that to happen on my back and leave more red or dark marks, so i haven't been using it on my back yet but should I?? HAS ANYONE USED DIFFERIN ON THEIR BACK??

I've also been on doxy antibiotics which along with differin has cleared my face up pretty well but has done nothing to the acne on my back. I've heard from alot of people on this board that BP is very effective but i don't know too much on how it works on back acne. I bought a tube of 10% BP cream which is branded as just ACNE TREATMENT cos i hear that 10%BP works better on the back. I WAS WONDERING WHETHER THE BRAND FOR BP MATTER?

At the moment, i'm thinking of applying differin to the areas covered in whiteheads and then applying BP just to large red pimples. But since i hear BP doesn't cause breakouts, SHOULD I JUST USE BP ON ALL THE AREAS ON MY BACK INSTEAD OD DIFFERIN? WHICH IS QUICKER AND MORE EFFECTIVE IN GETTING RID ON BACK ACNE?

any suggestions or advce please. i hear duac is very good but i can't get it in my country nor can i get acne body washes... PLEASE ANYONE WITH BACK ACNE OR CHEST ACNE POST HERE.

even if noone knows anything about BP on back, can someone at least tell me about BP on the face and how it works?

I use 10% clean and clear BP on my back for a little less than a month now, and im 85% clear, just little bumps thatll go away. The main problem is the scaring :) Theyre all over my back, dark spots all over...its so depressing because its summer and I cant wear whatever I want. :D({|= Sometimes i forget to but BP on my back and I start to break out again... try not to skip days

My chest is completely clear :D/ even the scars. I use 10% on my chest too. Im very happy with the results on my face and chest. I still have a few scars on my face, but theyll fade in a few months

"Should I use BP on all areas of my back instead of differin?"---yeah use lots of BP... glob the stuff on coz the skin on the back is stubborn. If you have sensetive skin go slow with the BP. Forget the differin, it prolly wont be strong enough 4 your back. Antibiotics helped my back a little but it didnt clear my back completely. I quit all my antibiotics and im relying on BP only. I noticed that I had a breakout on my back after I quit poppin pills.

I dont think brands matter on back acne...i think its the BP% that matters most based on personal experience

~Trin

I have mild acne on my back and shoulders, and moderate acne on my chest. I tried using BP on my chest, and it burned my skin and made the acne worse (funny that this didn't happen to my face....my chest skin is more sensitive??). I stopped using the BP and am just using Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash now. It's helping, but veeeerrry slowly.

I know what you mean about not being able to wear the clothes you want. :) My chest acne is so bad right now, I can't even wear v-neck shirts!

firstly thanks for replying. i understand your fustrations. it's so embaressing...i don't even wanna go in the pool or the beach cs of it and i have to find anexcuse and i worry nppl will find out... urgh do pimples always ;eave marks on your back even ifyou don't touch it>>>??

Depends some people scar easier then others. It seems to me that bp leaves scars easier on pimples so maybe you can find something else to get rid of them and then use bp to prevent them from coming back. With my experience dry skin scars easier then moist skin so make sure to moisturize.