Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone! I need a little advice about my diet. As of right now, I've cut out dairy products, wheat, sugar, most carbs.. all that, and I drink a lot of water. The problem is that I've struggled with keeping my weight up in the past, and since I've started this restrictive diet... I've started losing weight again ( something I really don't want to do!).

If anyone has any suggestions for what I can eat to gain weight without gaining acne, lol, please help me out! Thanks a bunch.

Hey everyone!  I need a little advice about my diet.  As of right now, I've cut out dairy products, wheat, sugar, most carbs.. all that, and I drink a lot of water.  The problem is that I've struggled with keeping my weight up in the past, and since I've started this restrictive diet... I've started losing weight again ( something I really don't want to do!). 

If anyone has any suggestions for what I can eat to gain weight without gaining acne, lol, please help me out!  Thanks a bunch.

I have a diet kind of like yours, no sweets, soda, heavily processed foods. I eat around 4,000 Calories a day or so. I make sure to get at least 200 grams of protein. There's not really one particular kind of food I eat. I do eat a lot of meats. In order to keep your weight up I suggest eating protein and adding some muscle.

Is your diet helping your acne? I tried fasting, cutting out certain foods, and I was losing weight so bad that people started commenting about it to me. I realized that diet didn't play a role in my acne. I gradually started eating anything I wanted to, and my acne remained the same. I guess I got desperate to try anything, and from reading forms on this site. Make sure that diet plays a role for your acne. Maybe it's certain foods that trigger it. Now, I could care less what I eat because I know diet doesnt affect me. People on this board go overboard and are scared to eat anything because of what people say.

Hey everyone!  I need a little advice about my diet.  As of right now, I've cut out dairy products, wheat, sugar, most carbs.. all that, and I drink a lot of water.  The problem is that I've struggled with keeping my weight up in the past, and since I've started this restrictive diet... I've started losing weight again ( something I really don't want to do!). 

If anyone has any suggestions for what I can eat to gain weight without gaining acne, lol, please help me out!  Thanks a bunch.

I have a diet kind of like yours, no sweets, soda, heavily processed foods.  I eat around 4,000 Calories a day or so.  I make sure to get at least 200 grams of protein.  There's not really one particular kind of food I eat.  I do eat a lot of meats.  In order to keep your weight up I suggest eating protein and adding some muscle.

Is your diet helping your acne? I tried fasting, cutting out certain foods, and I was losing weight so bad that people started commenting about it to me. I realized that diet didn't play a role in my acne. I gradually started eating anything I wanted to, and my acne remained the same. I guess I got desperate to try anything, and from reading forms on this site. Make sure that diet plays a role for your acne. Maybe it's certain foods that trigger it. Now, I could care less what I eat because I know diet doesnt affect me. People on this board go overboard and are scared to eat anything because of what people say.

my suggestion is eat lots of protein. You really don't have to have a certain diet in mind... just know to eat lots of protein. example... lots of fish, meat, eggs, etc. just remember though... no red meat. that's because of the extra fat that can irritate acne.

eggs are a really good example since their fatty. tongue.gif

just try to find foods that are fatty but don't irritate acne.

my suggestion is eat lots of protein.  You really don't have to have a certain diet in mind... just know to eat lots of protein.  example... lots of fish, meat, eggs, etc. just remember though... no red meat.  that's because of the extra fat that can irritate acne. 

eggs are a really good example since their fatty. tongue.gif

just try to find foods that are fatty but don't irritate acne.

Protein shakes are great! You can get tons of protein in them, and can find unsweetened ones to add fruit juice to or your own sweetener.

Lot of fruits, veggies, and whole grains - all you want! Try to keep it varied as much as possible.

Here are some easy summer meal ideas that shouldn't flare up your acne:

How about a whole grain pasta and toss some veggies like chopped broccoli in the water during the last couple of minutes. Drain and toss with lots of olive oil and garlic. Or, if you don't like broccoli, toss the pasta with olive oil, garlic, fresh sliced tomatoes and fresh chopped basil (or parsley). Good for you and yummy!

For breakfast, oatmeal & fresh berries (whatever kind you like) If you don't like oatmeal, how about a whole grain waffle from the freezer section of your closest health food store, with a drizzle of unrefined maple syrup and fresh berries.

Salad with fresh slices of avocado.

Rice & beans & salsa (for the protein suggestion)

Think FRESH and think VARIED.

Let us know what you try and how it works!

Lot of fruits, veggies, and whole grains - all you want!  Try to keep it varied as much as possible. 

Here are some easy summer meal ideas that shouldn't flare up your acne:

How about a whole grain pasta and toss some veggies like chopped broccoli in the water during the last couple of minutes.  Drain and toss with lots of olive oil and garlic.  Or, if you don't like broccoli, toss the pasta with olive oil, garlic, fresh sliced tomatoes and fresh chopped basil (or parsley).  Good for you and yummy!

For breakfast, oatmeal & fresh berries (whatever kind you like)  If you don't like oatmeal, how about a whole grain waffle from the freezer section of your closest health food store, with a drizzle of unrefined maple syrup and fresh berries.

Salad with fresh slices of avocado.

Rice & beans & salsa (for the protein suggestion)

Think FRESH and think VARIED.

Let us know what you try and how it works!

You could also eat a lot of nuts (except).... Many have protein and are fatty. I eat quite a few almonds and brazil nuts every day.