Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
72eusm

Boozin and Accutane.....

Strugglin not drinkin, had to drink last night, it was just impossible not to.... went to bars all night then went to a chinese food restaurant, that is asking for trouble. Just wondering if anyone has a thought on just how bad having a few drinks a week is on accutane... Not drinking hard at all just a couple on a friday night just wanted to know if im gonna die or anything.....

it all matters on the individual really. and your dosage too. You probably, like everyone else, needs to take a blood test monthly. That test is to see how your liver is functioning. Accutane can really strain your liver, and alcohol has adverse effects on the liver as well, so common logic is that the two dont mix. But of course, everyone is different and you liver might be fine. If your dosage is high, or higher then it should be according to your weight, then there is a possiblity that it could inflame the liver.

If that happens, your usually taken off accutane for like a month and take another blood test to see if the inflammation has subsided. hope that helps.

Guest <*>

Are you an alcoholic?? you sound like one

this has been discussed on and off on this forum and there have been mixed responses, but no one has actually come out and said that they have had a bad response from drinking while on accutane. It is also difficult for me not to drink while on the course because I am used to drinking socially like once or twice a week. Who knows where this "alcoholic" comment came from but <*> may not understand what its like to have friends and go out on the weekend to have drinks. Anyways, on my first course I didnt really drink at all, I had like one drink here or there but nothing major. I am now on my second course and I have had a few nights where I have had enough to drink to be considered drunk I guess and nothing has happened and my blood tests have been fine. I have made an effort not to let this happen often though.

This issue is obviously different for each person and I think the main issue is really that the only way to find out is to test your limit. So dont worry about a drink or two here or there, but if you are wanting to get wasted just be careful and do what you think is right. Your blood tests will ultimately tell if what you are doing is wrong and until you drink a couple of times and then see a blood test you wont really know.

Its totally up to you if you want to take the risk.

Thanks man for the good reply.... shits tough, im just trying as hard as I can not to drink too much but its good to hear that people dont have a problem with there blood work...