Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vdubbin

Minocycline, drinking, and your liver!!!!

ive been on mino. for about 3 monthes now. An old dermo that i use to go to mentioned to me that when i take mino. i should be haveing blood work done monthly. anyone else have it done once a month??? well anywway ive been on this without haveing any blood work or anything. I also drink on the weekends ONLY. Like 5-6 drinks and a couple shots on friday, and about the same amount on sat. I just had a physical with blood work and my enzymes in my liver where up and the dr. was concerned. I told him i was on mino. and he wanted me to stop as well as cut my drinking down. Does anyone know if this combination, drinking twice a week and takeing 100mil. of mino. a day would effect my liver??? Im a little scared cause i dont know whats up with this. I really dont think i drink alot for the alcohol to be effecting my liver like this. I only recently started goin out every weekend and drinking like this. But for the past year i kinda toned down that lifestyle. Anyone have input??