Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I Hate Acne!

Hey. New to the Boards... my little vent.

Hey everyone! I've been kind of lurking around the boards for a while now, and finally decided to post. smile.gif I'm 17 and just graduated from high school, and I've been struggling with acne for probably 6 years or so now. My acne isn't terrible...mild to moderate...but it's really persistent. My skin will clear up for a while, but no matter what I do I can't get it to stay completely clear.. the acne just keeps coming back. sad.gif

I've tried tons of over-the-counter products, Proactive, as well as Benzaclin, Benzamyacin (sp?), and Differin. I've been taking oral antibiotics as well, and even tried bc for a while. My skin seems to be the clearest when I'm using products w/ BP, but I have really sensitive skin and the BP tends to really dry it out and make it red and irritated, so I don't know if the pros outweigh the cons.. I try to get enough sleep, drink TONS of water, and eat what I hope is a diet relatively free from acne causing foods... I've cut out dairy, wheat, most carbs (and I love breads, pastas, cereals.. you name it sad.gif.. ), and sugar.. and I hope it's helping.

I know my family thinks my diet is completely crazy.. and they just don't understand how my acne effects me emotionally. It has totally drained me of my self confidence, and I get so insecure when I have a breakout that I don't want to see anyone. I know I've missed out on so much because of my stupid acne.

More on my little vent...

It just seems so unfair sometimes... how some people do absolutely nothing to take care of their skin - don't even wash their face or anything, use tons of makeup and products that should clog their pores, eat tons of junkfood and drink nothing but soda pop ... and have perfectly clear skin, when I try everything possible to have clear skin.. but to no avail. I hate it!

Anyway, I would love to talk to all of you, so if you have any comments, or just want to talk it'd would be great if you'd post back. smile.gif

Hey girl! I can relate! I hate acne too! lol

You mentioned those girls who eat junk food, wear cdakes of make-up, and never wash their face and stay clear....I hate those girls too! grrrr!

One in particular. She was our homecoming queen.n Very pretty girl but wore that cover girl stuff, stuff that was cheap aqnd made her skin ALWAYS look flawless. She was so pretty, she probly didn't need make-up.

I hope I go to my ten year high school reunion and she's all broke out. Ha! Ha! Just kidding. I don't think a human being should have to deal with this. But I always try to remind myself that I deal with acne, others deal with diabetes, or families that have drug problems, or families that are serial killers (lol) So when I think about my acne, I remind myself that I don't have to always put a needle in me and so forth.

I also think that I have horrible acne but I have awesome hair, gorgeous eyes, great body, good sense of style, positive attitude, goood personality, and strong nails. Gosh, can't us girls just have it all? Damn u acne!

I definitely know how you feel. It's like no matter what we do or don't do, acne prevails. Nothing seems to work, and if it does, it's only a little bit for a little while, then we're off trying something else that won't work. I hate that family and friends don't understand. And yes, I do hate those people who have perfect, gorgeous skin even though they do all those things that are bad for our own skin. RRG.

I'm really sorry that you guys have acne too, and are experiencing all the problems that come with it, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone - and that there really are other people out there who understand what I'm going through. smile.gif

I wouldn't wish my acne upon anyone... I guess I'm just jealous of those people out there with flawless skin, but I'm sure that even they have their insecurities and problems...and I should be more grateful for the things I do have going for me...

Anyways, if you guys have any suggestions of acne treatments that have worked for you, I'm willing to give anything a try. smile.gif

Anyways, if you guys have any suggestions of acne treatments that have worked for you, I'm willing to give anything a try. smile.gif

key kenz-im luving ur picture of em! is he fit or what?! keep off him girl he'll b mine sumday...............

and yeah dans regimen rules cool.gif

ur doin dans regimen tho right?

coz thats hands down the best treatment if u stick at it etc

Actually, I've just kind of skimmed over the basics of the regimen and haven't really looked into all the details. Is there anything I should know before I start? Is there an initial breakout before things start clearing up? Any advice or tips would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch.

Dan's regimen appears to work - I've been on it for 5 weeks now.

My skin hasn't really broken out like it used to in the past.

I've also cutten down on Dairy, sugar, Wheat / Flour, Oily food.

And i'm taking 2 tablespoons of Flax-seed oil every day.

I still eat cereal - though it must be made from corn or rice and have less then 2 grams of sugar - and I eat it with Unsweetened Soy Milk.