Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tacey

jessener peel + 50% peel

I just ordered my jessener peel and I'm also ordering my 50% tca. I heard you get really great results if you combine the two. Now, I'm starting to have my doubts about my tca being too strong. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. If people had done 100% tca before and had mind blowing results than I bet my %tca and jessener wouldn't be that bad. But then again, I'm not a chemist so I wouldn't know if that was true. I was wondering if you guys have any info or comments on that before I mess up my face. Thanks!

I just ordered my jessener peel and I'm also ordering my 50% tca. I heard you get really great results if you combine the two. Now, I'm starting to have my doubts about my tca being too strong. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. If people had done 100% tca before and had mind blowing results than I bet my %tca and jessener wouldn't be that bad. But then again, I'm not a chemist so I wouldn't know if that was true. I was wondering if you guys have any info or comments on that before I mess up my face. Thanks!

Hey, tacey.

I agree with Agoff. I use 50% TCA for cross and that stuff really burns the little scars so I imagine it would do that to your entire face. Some people have used 50% and 40% for TCA peels, but I would definitely start out with something smaller and if your skin can tolerate it, work up to it. Maybe you could do a small test spot while working up to the different percentages. I also want to do some peels (preferably TCA and Jessner) in the future but am going to wait. There are a bunch of threads on here about the various peels if you do a search. Goood luck smile.gif And tell us how it works out.

you can dillute your tca, The jessner lets the tca go much deeper than normal, so I would def. not go above 25% I got an awsome peel with jessner/20% I cant even imagine what 50% would do.

Thanks guys for responding. Sorry, I should have said that I was going to do 50% tca cross. Not on the entire face. With the jessener peel, I'm going to use on my entire face though. But now I'm thinking of diluting it into a 30%, perhaps. How do you dilute a 50%? Like do you use an empty bottle and put the tca along with the distilled water?

you can dillute your tca, The jessner lets the tca go much deeper than normal, so I would def. not go above 25% I got an awsome peel with jessner/20% I cant even imagine what 50% would do.

Please could you tell me where you got the jessner peel from.

I'm the same way. I ordered my jessener peel from azgecko but I ordered my tca peel from platinum skin.com. There peels are fda approved and all this other stuff. I feel more comfortable know real chemist made my tca.

I'm the same way. I ordered my jessener peel from azgecko but I ordered my tca peel from platinum skin.com. There peels are fda approved and all this other stuff. I feel more comfortable know real chemist made my tca.

Well you have to be careful. It's your face we are talking about. I really don't know how people can order tca over ebay. They have more guts than me.

So I just got my jessener peel and my 20% tca is coming tomorrow. Yay biggrin.gif But I was wondering if I put the tca like an entire face peel or am I supposed to use it as a cross? Will it make my scars worse if I put both of the peels all over? Will it ruin my surrounding normal skin? Which one will provide me a better result. How many times should i layer it? Note, this is the first time i'm doing this. So I'm a bit confused. Oh and another question, right after I do put on the acids on my face and wait like 20 minutes do I put my cp right after or do I put it on the next day? I sure would like to hear what you guys think. Thanks.

(Am) I supposed to use it(20%) as a cross?

*I would just use it as a facial peel not as a cross treatment, but the options is always there to do a cross with that solution. Kamstan has experience with low percentage cross treatments

Will it make my scars worse if I put both of the peels all over?

*If you follow the peels directions and keep in mind the info you learn from this site, you should make it through without further damage to your skin. I were you, I would make an appointment at a derms/plastics surgeons office and schedule a peel, any peel, and learn how they applied the acid, the precautions they used and so on.

Will it ruin my surrounding normal skin?

*it will burn your skin, but if you follow directions and you use caution, I can't see you ruining your unscarred skin.

Which one will provide me a better result?

*I suggest you use them both.

How many times should I layer it?

* I would use 2 layers of jessners, each spaced 5 minutes apart, then one or two layers of 20% TCa. This would be classified as a medium-deep peel in my book, so BE CAUTIOUS

Do I put my cp right after or do I put it on the next day?

I have no experience with CP serums but I would wait until your done peeling.

Thanks for responding acnefighter. I finally decided that I'll put my 20% tca on my scars only rather than all over my face. After all, the rest of my face looks fine its just those dang scars! Plus, I think the Jessener peel would do wonders on my unscarred skin. I'm going to record my progress with pics so hopefully I'll have great results. I'll surely post some pics.

eks, another question. Is it ok if you sweat during the 7 day healing process? I work in an environment that makes me sweat profusely. I can care less if my face looks like its falling apart in front of people. If sweating is bad for the healing, then I care.

Ok guys. I finally did it. I did the jessener peel and 20% tca peel. I put like 6 or 7 layers of the jessener peel because my skin wouldn't frost. I waited like 5-7 minutes each time. Ha, I guess I have tough skin. I'm not surprised.......all those years of tanning! eusa_dance.gif The first layer I put on my face felt ok. Then a minute later, it felt like it was on fire. Literally! I grabbed my blow dryer and put it full blast on cool. It stung very bad! I even started to tear up! I wasn't even frosting at that point! When I realized that I had to put another layer on, I was dying inside. I ended up put like 6-7 layers on! Each time was felt like death. On top of that I was going to do the 20% tca over it! After I calmed down from the jessener peel, I bravely put on my tca. It wasn't that bad anymore. I was getting used to the pain. Plus my face was getting more numb by the minute. Weird that happend though. The spots where I put the tca over looks like I burned off a layer of skin off. It wasn't bleeding or anything. It just looked like I scraped some skin off. There's about 5 or more that look like that. I was wondering if I layered too much on. Hmmm I guess I'll see in seven days if there will be more scarring from that. So know my face looks like a dark tan. I'm olive but light olive. I look like a burn victim! My mom saw my face and started to freak out. She told me to "wash off that acid right now" before I scar even more. The good news is that some of my endentations look like they raised up. But I know its only because my skin is swollen. If only my skin was always like that! I made sure to take pics of me before I did my peel. It looks like I had a really deep, deep peel. My skin is all swollen and my face looks very dark. I'm excited. But ya, I'll take pics of my face on how it is now too. In fact, I'll take pics each day for the rest of the seven days. Right now I have emu oil on my face and I'm going to put some cp on later on. Like in twenty minutes or so. I'll post each day to tell you how my progress goes. Wish me good luck!

6-7 layers shock.gif

Then TCA....

If, after the first day, you look like a 'burn victim' than you must have given yourself to many layers. My face looks a shade or two redder at the most after the first 2 days.

But what’s done is done.

I can understand your dilemma when its not visibly frosting like you want it to, but at some point you just have to stop.

We all hope you'll be fine though. Good luck and keep us updated.

DON'T LET IT SCAB, KEEP IT MOIST

Day-2

If I thought my face looked like a burned victim yesterday, I'm soooo wrong. My face officially looks black. I'm not even exagerating. All my scars are level up to the surface except for the spots i put tca. They are still crusting. Again, it could be the swelling. eusa_doh.gif I personally think I look great. As long as my scars look like there gone, I'm the most beautiful thing on earth! I made sure put tons of vaseline on. I would put emu oil again but its running out. So I'll put some on either later on in the night or tomorrow. All this morning, all my family has been looking at me in shock. All I can say to them is that it will only get better. I'll look fabulous in a couple more days. The bad part of all this, is that I have to go back to work tomorrow. I know I can't look like this at all. I'll be sure to put lots of makeup on. I did go out yesterday though. Thats when I thought I looked like i was black but in reality it's only dark brown compared to what it is now. Yea, people were staring but that didn't bother me. Usually I hate it when people stare. Now I don't care because I know my face will look ten times better at the end of the week. Hope this deep peel will get rid of my red marks at least. I know I can't completely get rid of scars. Only improve them and I accept that fact. Hopefully my scars will improve 50%!!!!! eusa_pray.gif Hey I girl can dream, right?