Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sanchez

Dan BP vs Proactive Repairing Lotion

I ended up using Proactive Repairing Lotion with the regime for 2 weeks while I waited for Dans BP gel to arrive. During the two weeks that I used the proactive one I got great results, but ever since I started using Dans BP gel a week ago my acne has worsened dramatically. Has anyone had a similar experience? Furthermore, aside from the odour whats the difference between proactive repairing lotion and Dans BP Gel?

This could be a reason why.

What is pharmaceutical grade?

BP gel is a pharmaceutical grade product. Our manufacturer imports the finest benzoyl peroxide in the world from France and then triple mills it to ensure extra fine raw material. When applied to the skin, this produces smaller molecules of benzoyl peroxide which penetrate more deeply into the skin than many over-the-counter varieties of benzoyl peroxide.

A few people have reported that they have broken out upon switching to bp gel. Although this is not common, there is an explanation for those of you who may experience it. It is the result of the smaller molecules of benzoyl peroxide reaching deeper down into the skin and attacking the acne that is still well below the surface. This acne is destined to reach the surface at some point. However, a pharmaceutical grade benzoyl peroxide can act as a "metabolic accelerator", bringing this acne to the surface.

The good news is that after this initial breakout that some people may experience, you can look for your skin to stay clearer with a pharmaceutical grade benzoyl peroxide medication. With each application it will be penetrating more deeply and preventing acne from forming.

Guest TylerD

Repair lotion STINKS!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply lesarin26. Yea, I guess that could be a possible reason. It seems like currently all my previous red marks that seemed to disappear while using the repairing lotion have made a return. Its kindda weird, the bp gel isnt drying up my current pimples as well either. Yea, I know the odour of the bp gel is more pleasant but all I know is that right now I have a truck load of red marks on my face that weren't there a week ago.

Anyone else care to share an experience of transferring from proactive repairing lotion to Dans BP gel.

Thanks for the reply lesarin26.  Yea, I guess that could be a possible reason.  It seems like currently all my previous red marks that seemed to disappear while using the repairing lotion have made a return.  Its kindda weird, the bp gel isnt drying up my current pimples as well either. Yea, I know the odour of the bp gel is more pleasant but all I know is that right now I have a truck load of red marks on my face that weren't there a week ago.

hell yea, dans bp gel rulz proactivs. i used to be on proactiv and im getting even better than i was on proactiv.

try this

cetaphil anti bac face soap

proactiv toner

bp gel

eucerin moist if needed. i dont use it because my face evens out with the toner and no flakes. biggrin.gif

You will definitely be seeing me bump this thread if need be.

Current stat.- Currently using Dans regimine.

Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer 2 X a day

Proactive BP once a day

I have just recently began using the Pro.A 2 times a day for the last 3 days.

Nothing really significant.

Ample amounts and all that.

But just earlier today I have included salycic acid into my strategy.

I can already see how this works synergisticly with BP.

Nice.

Dans BP is in the mail.

I will keep you posted.