Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinz

there will never be a real cure.

the way i see it, acne is like an std which most are uncureable. now, if they really wanted to make a cure for it they would've been created one long time ago. theres a difference between a cure and treatment, a cure its a one time process, in the other hand a treatment is a life time. therefore, many products that treat this disorder wouldn't be needed if there ever was a cure. unfortionally there isnt, why? because that would mean less money for them. why sell something one time when you can sell it for years.

You do speak some truth about companies holding out on breakthroughs to make money but you really have no experience in the studies of acne or the scientific field so your just speculating.

i probably dont know everything that goes on in the labs. however, i do know that with the overwhelming technology and knowledge we have today a cure should've been released by now. its all obvious, there is no need of proof or evidence.

Thats like saying there's no cure for obesity because the people who sell food won't allow it. Do you think the people who sell BP can really decide whether a cure is released or not? There is so much money to be made out of a cure for acne (likewise with obesity) for it not to be sold if it exists. Do you think the people who sold BP or other topicals could have put a stop to Accutane?

I'm all for conspiracy theories but at lest choose one that stands up to analyses

the way i see it, acne is like an std which most are uncureable

STD? what are you talking about. Sexually transmitted disease? Most teenagers with acne are virgins pal. And even if they werent acne is not an std. Also, there will be a cure. Think about it, 10 years ago no one even thought the internet could exist. And 150 no one thought that cars and flying airplanes could either.

i wasn't relating std's with people with acne. i was implying acne and stds as a metaphor. there will never be a cure, you know how much money these people would be losing if a cure was ever made? billions of dollars. they probably would make a great deal of money but it wont last forever. with treatments they'll always have their product in high demand, leaving them with no reason to create a cure.

Guest romafan53

So everyone is in on it? I doubt they are and sooner or later someone will come along, create a cure and sell it.

Thats like saying there's no cure for obesity because the people who sell food won't allow it.

thats the most stupid comparison iv ever heard lol .. no disprespect but your saying only obese people eat ?

its not about everyone being in a agreement of a cure that shouldn't be made, its common sense. why would any company sell a one time cure when they can sell a life time treatment.

I think what Sinz is trying to say is that a CURE would take a large initial investment, and all the companies capable of making that investment have not shown an interest in creating a CURE because more money can be made in creating TREATMENTS. What is needed is a company uninterested in making profit but rather providing a service, and to say that will NEVER happen is a little too negative for my taste...

However again this is all based on the assumption that there IS a cure for this, when in fact there may not be. It's sort of like saying why isn't there a cure for a common sun burn? I mean I can TREAT myself to PREVENT a sunburn from occuring (which is what I do for acne), and many people are just generally more PRONE to sunburn (which is true for acne), however a CURE for it? I doubt anything like that can exist...beyond genetic munipulation.

its not about everyone being in a agreement of a cure that shouldn't be made, its common sense. why would any company sell a one time cure when they can sell a life time treatment.

Because their would be no more competition, the market is HUGE, they could sell the product for however much they wanted, their recognition would lead to highes sales on any other product they sell or produce, chances are 1/2 of the company have acne and the other half's other half has it. I dont believe that a cure would be witheld. But thats just my opinion.

I am not sure if they are really not trying to make a cure for acne, 8-[ but is true that they still havent find a cure for acne yet.

Hey but nothing is impossible, maybe one day they will find a real cure for acne. And I am hoping this will happen soon. :)

there are 2 cures for acne *atleast the reason you dont want it*

1. suicide

2. never let people see you again

both of these are bad cures. im really waiting for a #3 and i would pay anything to get it .... seeing as over the last 2 years ive spent hundreds on stupid treatments with no money back guarantee.

I guess my opinion is who cares if there is ever going to be a cure? Wether we believe that there is going to be one or there isn't wouldn't change the outcome, so all we can do is try to cope with it the best we can which I know everyone here already knows that so yah.. sorry I'm just pointing out the obvious.

There's a cure for acne : Accutane/Roaccutane. (here is your #3 Chris) Although it don't works for every people (like me), it works in most cases.

Your theory don't works...

I guess my opinion is who cares if there is ever going to be a cure?

I think I care and I want the real cure as soon as possible, so people on earth will not need to worry about their acne anymore.

Less things to worry = Happy Life O:)

You missed what I later said. Theres no point in people arguing over if theres going to be a cure or not because whether we think there is or isnt going to be a cure does not effect the outcome.

There's way too much biological variation, and freedom of choice in circumstance for there ever to be a "cure". Even tho I do believe in "conspiracy theories" bcs they are fun, Acne has too many variables.

Right now I am clear...happy about it, but my stress levels and diet have been high & horrid. I do think a part is owing to my regimen as inspired by Dan, but, I was spotty & stress free following Dan's EXACT regimen 2 months ago. My point is....there's no absolute.

I believe we have the technology to build the almost unbreakable car, but until we are able to manipulate genes on a deeply intricate level, which will include basic behavior and choosing good habits, becoming "demi-gods" technologically, there will be no cure for acne. And to be honest, I don't want anyone other that God messing around w/ my genetic code.

What we need isn't a "cure" but a more instantaneous "treatment" like a laser-zit zapper, portable naturally, w/ maybe a cell phone option. =P~

namaste'

something interesting, there were experiments with LSD (supervised by the government and professionals) in the 50's to cure alcoholism and mental illness. i'm not sure about mental illness but about half of the alcoholics in the experimention were cured, some saying that god came to them and told them to stop drinking. MOst never touched a drop again. It consisted of a few treaments. LSD is cheap to produce. The experimentation stopped because LSD began to be used recreationally and was made illegal. Why hasn't this experimentation been looked at ever since? even by the government? Becuase there is no money in it. If depression and anxiety could be cured from 3 $200 visits to you local LSD treatment clinic, all these horrible drugs (zoloft, ritalin) that don't work in the long run that people are taking every day for would be obsolete. There is more money in the every day drugs. No one cares about you but you and your friends and family. Thats they are gonna make us keep buying this acne crap that doesn't work and is bad for your skin and not come up with a cure. Please visit (freeacnebook.com). It really helped me.

P.S. LSD is serious crap and is illegal. Don't buy sell use or have it in your possesion.

Ok I think the point here is most cures in an imperfect world have side effects. Think of accutane, chemotherapy, LSD etc.

and all the companies capable of making that investment have not shown an interest in creating a CURE because more money can be made in creating TREATMENTS.