Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well.

i'm in high school and I use to be very popular in middle scool but that has deffinately changed.

It all started when I got this huge blister thing on my lip (left side of my face) it wasnt bumpy it looked more like someone sliced off some skin with a razor. It looked horrible, it was extremely red and very painful. It stared out as a 2 small pimples right next to my lip and when i got home from school that day i used a clearasil acne pad and rumbed it on the pimple and i held the pad there for a little to dry it up. Then I popped it. doubt.gif Afer words it would really hurt if I tryed to open my mout all the way. Then i noticed the two pimples opened up and now looked like i was burned. i wasn't thinking clearly and for the next couple days i continued using the clearasil pads. so i was basically puttng those pads on a scrape. then it got real bad with it getting bigger and more red. then i started using vaseline and neosporin to see if it could help this thing. but it didn't get better for months... it would turn into a scab and look awful. so it was hard go to school everyday with a large scab next to my lip. I was very depressed and never talked about it with anyone.

i would walk around school covering my mouth with my hand or just have my thumb in my mouth and a little to the side so i could hide it. i was asked so many times by my friends and other kids what was i hiding. but it was rough for me especially when a teacher would call on me in class to stand up and answer a question and then i would be asked to remove my hand from my mouth and everyone in the class just starring at my scab after i had removed my hand. i just couldn't imagine what people were saying inside there head. i heard plenty of light laughing and some kids would put they're heads on they're desk to hide they're laughing, and many wouldn't want to look at me becaused they knew they would probally burst out laughing. all that attacked me so badly that i didn't want to go back to school. i would lie to my mom and tell her that i had horrible stomach aches and that i was depressed for no reason. i would go to plenty of doctors so i could get some help. deep down inside i felt horrible for putting my mother in so much worry. she would always say that i wouldn't go to school because of the blister on my lip and i would deny it.

when i would come home from school when i actually went i came home so relieved but so drained. i would come home and feel like a sack of crap. i wouldn't even touch the front door to go outside or go to the store. if i did go out i would just wait in the car as my mother went in the store.

finally i went to a dermontalogist (sp?) i had to wait a long time because they were booked for about 2 1/2 months. my derm. gave me a cream that would eliminate the mark. by then the mark was dryed up and was on the same level as my skin (no bumps) it was red but dryed up well. the cream i recieved worked very well but it took about 2 months to satisfy me. but it was another 2 months of me feeling depressed and anxious for it to get better.

after all that i stared going to school normally, but still feeling weird because every one remembered me by the mark on my face. before all this i was outgoing fun to be around very active and always making people laugh but then when i got the mark i was a complete loser. i had many friends but basically grew apart from them since i never went to school and never going out anywhere with them. but i had i still new a TONS of people that still liked me as friends. but i knew i would never be looked at the same way as before the blister.

i've been free from that mark for about a year now! (THANK GOD)

i lost my 2 BEST friends because they moved out of state and again i became depressed over it but moved on. i had to make new DIFFERENT kind of friends who were into smoking pot and i started to gain alot of intrest in becoming a pot head. but i didn't and i always talked about getting high in front of them to impress... but i've only gotten high 3 times in my life. so i was a decent kid never getting into trouble.

highschool this year was rough, i had horrible attendance and embaressing grades. I was a slacker to the fullest, i would just go to every class and do nothing. i didn't care at all for school. i cared more on what people thinked of me and how i looked. which sounds ignorant but i was in a hole that i couldn't dig myself out of.

my main friends (potheads) joined a little gang and when i came back to school for the las couple of weeks of school they didnt welcome me.

so i was left with very little friends.

now i'm looking forward to starting a new fresh start. i failed last year so i will be a freshman again. i look forward to making new friends and starting over with kids that are in the same level as me. because last year i was smaller than everyone and not really a tough kid with very little self respect that everyone could see.

but i am a more positive person now.

i've also had other marks in middle school where i had huge scabbing on my forehead and on the back of my head that took forever to go away. but i wont explain all the stuff, but i'm just including other hard things i had to go through because of crap on my face.

just to add that i'm hispanic and a good looking kid with no acne now except that i have whiteheads on my forehead. sad.gif i was given benza clin and retin a micro by my derm. hopefully they work.

but today when i got home i poked at some whiteheads with an UNsteralized tweezer and now i have some light purple spots where i poked. i think i could be infected but nothig to serious. i just now have to wait for those little holes i poked to heal up. anyone now what else could happen since i used an unsteralized needle?

thanks for reading and i hope some of you would talk with me about all this...

also i would like to add that i'm still a very unactive kid who NEVER goes outside to play or go to hang out with friends, since i have lost my share of friends.

Just have a postive attitude about making friends and it will work about for you. As dumb and generic as this sounds dont let the acne affect your sociability, if you just act like yourself and try and have fun people will like you for who you are, it worked for me! Just be happy, and good luck next year! biggrin.gif

I suggest since you don't go out, either become a School Nerd (sorry for the way it sounds) or Learn some sort of instrument.

Really - you don't want to graduate highschool knowing you could've done something with all your spare time.

Besides popularity is only important for a few years anyways, after that no one really cares, and if they do - it's only because thye haven't matured.

So my advice - study study study, get good grades, play some music.

and don't get caught up in drugs, they just waste time - believe me Time is something you'll be begging for more of if become a loser.

I know how you feel; I got a big scab from popping a big zit once--it was very embarrassing, especially for such a shy person like me! redface.gif Yeah...and I do recommend to study and try a musical instrument like said earlier...it really relieves your stress!!! eusa_angel.gif ; it's what I do. lol.gif I'm glad to hear you are trying to be more positive...keep at it! smile.gif

I know how you feel; I got a big scab from popping a big zit once--it was very embarrassing, especially for such a shy person like me!  redface.gif    Yeah...and I do recommend to study and try a musical instrument like said earlier...it really relieves your stress!!!  eusa_angel.gif ; it's what I do. lol.gif I'm glad to hear you are trying to be more positive...keep at it! smile.gif

Hey there fellow Brian. haha

I know what you went through man. I've been in your shoes. I'm a bit older and more wise because of the trials I went through at your age (I'm 19 now). Just finished first year of college. Here's my advice to you bro:

First off, get out and enjoy the sun. It sounds like your a nice fellow so there's no reason why people wont want to be around you. I admire your courage of starting anew. Many people would simply find themselfs in a downward spiral and not have the courage to bring themselves out of it. Life is what you make it! Have fun. One thing that I found was a great sense of comfort while I was in middle school was weight training. At first it was just simple weight training exercises to blow off steam and build up a bit of strength for baseball, etc. Next thing I know, 4 years later, I'm a very successful and admired bodybuilder in the NorthWest for my age. So in a sense, suffering from acne and its tribulations led me to find my true passion in life. Maybe simply starting an exercise program (if you havn't already) will help guide you and take your mind off of negativity that buildis up wink.gif As for further scabs and spots, DON"T PICK. That is the worst thing you can do man. Trust me. Ben there, done that. Try using Neosporin CREME. It is super effective on that stuff. Take care man biggrin.gif

thanks everyone for the kind words. i will try and find a hobby and i really need to go out more because staying home can get very lonely and thats where depression kicks in.

i appreciate everyones help and support. it really makes me feel better, so thank you all

Guest jollajolla

hey, man. best of luck to you!

we'll both be sophomores next year. biggrin.gif

hey

high school doesnt matter. u get down sometimes cause of other kids and what they say but after high school u will never see those ppl again and you'll forget it. my sis is in uni and cant even remeber high school ppl. like the others said play a sport or learn something....dont waste ur life on them

pretty intense story. cant say much except go see your derm regarding your skin and things will get better. starting fresh sounds like a good idea. good luck.

Guest >:(

If things don't go your way

Then why go out and play?