Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio8647

Alicia Keys had acne.. Interesting..

I wonder if it's really true or not. I mean first, it was Jessica Simpson, now I just saw a commercial with Alicia Keys saying how much Proactiv has helped helped. I have to wonder if they're just paying these actors to say they had bad skin & then alter old photos to make it look like they had acne. It's a pretty smart scheme to have people buy their products if they're lying! I'm actually tempted to look into it.. Is proactiv helpful any..

P Diddy had how many pimples? I think only 1! I bet it was just an ingrown hair from shaving. The stupid idiot. lol!

anyway proactiv is too expensive and doesn't last forever..........for some odd reason it wears off after a while, I tried it 3x btw and each time it kept getting worst

So, I'd advice against using it.........but hey do some searches on these boards and decide for yourself

An actor get paid to stretch the truth? how can that be?

They all are paid promoters. accept that reality please.

Source contact-music

03/06/2005

"SEAN 'P DIDDY' COMBS made a staggering $3 million (GBP1.6 million) from an appearance in an advertisement for PROACTIVE acne treatment.

The rap star, who is part of the US line-up for anti-poverty concert LIVE 8, refused to take part in the commercial unless he received the inflated fee.

And not only did he receive the whopping pay-out, he was also flown to and from the swanky shoot in a private jet.

An insider tells gossip site PAGESIX.COM, "BAD BOY RECORDS might not be making money, but Puffy is. He asked for it and he got it. He drives a hard bargain."

I used it for about 4 months, damn expensive about 40-50 bucks each other month.

It worked kind of well for about 1 month but stopped after that.

The BP (renewing gel) is cool though I still use it for Dan's Regimen.

Just seems like the celebrities, or at least J Simpson who acts like such a wholesome girl in her reality show, would feel guilty for conning people like that. I mean thats really what they are, con artists, so unbelievable. The sad part is that most of the people watching the commercials believe them because they dont know any better.

Read Cosmo or Glamour and you will see beauty sections and sometimes they have qoutes from celebs about skin care. And J Simpson was going on and on about this product THAT WAS NOT Proactive that she could not live without. Funny how she can endorse it on their infomercial and she is raving about different products to magazines. HMMMMMMMM?

Guest TylerD

So did P Diddy supposedly.

Yea I just read an article saying that all those celebrities endorsing proactive got a 3 million dollar pay check, and that Proactive is a billion dollar corporation. Its funny because if you go to their website and look under celebrity spotlight, its ALL ABOUT THEM, not one word about their acne or why they want to help others, just plug plug plug! Oh and PS for those who didnt know, J Simpson said in an interview a couple years back that she took accutane to get rid of her acne... really sounds like shes sure doing a lot of stuff... or so she says.

MAYBE PROACTIVE WOULDN'T BE SO EXPENSIVE IF THEY WOULD QUIT PAYING CELEBERTIES TO ENDORSE IT. Just a thought!!!

proactive sucks,

i used it for about 2 months, and it only made things worse. i think topicals in general suck. they damage the skin. for moderate to severe, accutane is best, and for mild to moderate, im very mild now, use minocycline, no topicals, and wash only 1-2 times a day. also i can't stress enough how important it is to control stress, and deal with problems effectively.

irish boy

Proactive is bullshit I dont know many ppl on this board who have had a hundred percent improvement as what is implied in the commercials. Alicia Keys, Jessica Simpson and Diddy had flawless skin after using ProActive. No red marks, black marks come on bull shit. It looks like proactive works on celebrites not on us common folk

I had a 100% improvement.

For about two months. And then not even God could bring the magic back. What burns me is that *I* thought I was doing something wrong and it really turns out that the combination of ingredients in ProActiv are just set up that way.

*growl*

alicias got it bad, i saw she had like 30 pimples on each side and she couldnt even cover it up.. the effects of stage make up apparantly. jessica simpson doesn' t have acne!. and puff daddy , seanm combes p diddy whatever his name is, i cant think of any other word to describe p diddy except for happyflowers.........

I read an article once on Jessica Simpson, and she apparently did have bad acne on her chin, she said that she was trying to do a video, and they had to cover her zits up alot, and how embarrassing that was. She eventually went on Accutane, which I am pretty sure is what cleared her up eventually. However, perhaps she did use Proactiv for a time, who knows, but I think alot of these actresses can just go to any doc and get a prescription for Accutane, and their acne isn't even severe or anthing.

Yeah, I've read that Jessica Simpson was on Accutane (I think I've watched it on TV before as well). I think Cameron Diaz is still on it too (which explains all the reports quite awhile back about her not wanting to get off Accutane to get pregnant or something?).

My current housemate used Proactiv but she hated it because it dried up her skin so much. I am not sure if it helped though.

And I just found out the other day of a friend who was on Accutane before! I never knew that, but she said it did jackshit for her and even made it worse. She says Proactiv is a godsend, although I'm still keeping my distance, because I've used a product somewhat similar to it (it's probably the same thing, just packaged differently and sold under another brand name).

I've watched the Proactiv ad many times but I've never seen the one with Alicia Keys - it's always Vanessa Williams and her brother, and Jessica Simpson. I believe it's just one of those things that are made to look good on television.

yea, I waited until AFTER I had my kids to do Accutane. It helped tremendously, for a few years, then it slowly started creeping back. Wish it was a cure-all, but for some of us, it just isn't. But luckily my acne did not come back as severe as it used to be, and the Regimen is keeping it all gone now.

I tried Proactiv twice, several years apart, and it just made my skin worse, I really think it was the grainy cleanser too rough for me, but dang, I really WANTED it to work, those commercials really make it seem so wonderful and all. I'm glad it helps some people, but it definitely made my skin much worse.

my friend wen tto one of her concerts and she had good seats. after the show while alicia was walkin past the audience, my friend was able to see her face up close and was shocked on how much acne she had... i think my friend said a lot was on her forehead. n it was very noticable since she was sweatin n stuff... well, she is a regular person wihch also means regular skin liek the rest of us. >... confused.gif

I remember watching a documentary on alicia keys on mtv way back when and you could see she had acne. The others, not so much. Jessica simpson had about 2 zits on her chin and OH MY GOD, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! But yeah, Proactiv is a huge gimmick and it ruined my face.

you call that acne? you can't even see it on him because his skin is so dark. maybe he should stop bitching, fuck some more hos, and get on remixing every god damn song there is. oh yeah no one would have even noticed his acne with that retarded fucking mohawk he had for awhile.

yeah well with the lifestyles the celebrities lead, im not surprised they get acne as well. no one has perfect skin