Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

Not Chewing Enough before digesting food

Not chewing your food fully puts more work onto your stomach. Your mouth is the first place the body begins to breakdown food. Simpley chewing your food alone saves the stomach from doing a lot of work. The enzymes in your saliva also begin digesting starch. An improper or sluggish digestive system is known to be a cause of acne. Personally I don't chew my food very well at all. Usually a couple chews and swallow. It doesn't effect my acne one bit, but if you think it may be related to your acne why not give it a shot.

i once read that having food stay too long in our stomack causes acne..

..it was on this thread.. it was telling us to stay away from white bread..coz it stays long in our tummy eusa_think.gif hmmm...

Not chewing your food fully puts more work onto your stomach.  Your mouth is the first place the body begins to breakdown food.  Simpley chewing your food alone saves the stomach from doing a lot of work.  The enzymes in your saliva also begin digesting starch.    An improper or sluggish digestive system is known to be a cause of acne.  Personally I don't chew my food very well at all.  Usually a couple chews and swallow.  It doesn't effect my acne one bit, but if you think it may be related to your acne why not  give it a shot.

Anyone have any articles or known facts on not chewing enough before you digest to cause acne? Is this possible, I don't chew alot.

actually chewing food is the first stage of digestion (remember biology class!). saliva has an enzyme called amylase that breaks down the food. Thats why we chew as well!

Still i think its a silly idea, the causes of acne are the basic stuff like sebum production clogging pores etc.

Ok, the blending idea is just dumb, because, as Polkadots already said, the enzymes in your saliva begin the digestive process.

As for the "expert" professor, that is freaking pathetic. She needs to pull her head out of her ass.

The chewing, grinding action is just mechanical, breaking up the pieces of food, BUT that is important because it increases the surface area available so that a chemical reaction can take place. Chemical digestion of carbs begins in the mouth.

As for chewing more curing your acne, doubtful, but it should be part of any holistic approach to better health.

I don't think it causes acne but I think you should chew properly because

a) it means you know when your full and you don't just eat resulting in overeating

b) you actually know whether or not you like a food.

Chewing properly made me realise I hate sweets and pizza and chips but I like it if I gulp it down.

Anyone have any articles or known facts on not chewing enough before you digest to cause acne? Is this possible, I don't chew alot.