Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
person222

vitamin c

Guest fatallyours
It increases your chances of getting cancer or so i hear. Just stick to 500mg to 1000mg a day.

I take 10x1000mg a day, along with MSM, Vitamin E, Zinc, B complex.

i was also taking 10 x 1000mg a day carl but someone said their derm said it wont do anything except help against sun damage, which isnt really worth taking that much just use sun block, i stil take msm tho and vit e

i was also taking 10 x 1000mg a day carl but someone said their derm said it wont do anything except help against sun damage, which isnt really worth taking that much just use sun block, i stil take msm tho and vit e

no it wasnt my derm it was someone elses who said that, i mite go back to taking 10 x 1000 a day them, altho it does worry me taking that much

Are we talking about the supplement vitamin C? or is it something that you apply to your skin?

Because if it's the former.. wouldnt it be poisnous? The label clearly says 1000g-1500g a day.

maybe if you take that much vit c youll turn into a bit ghost orange. who told u to take that much then? do u think its worth it? i know msm is spose to be really good so i take that daily

It is a waste to take that much Vitamin C. It is just being wasted. You just end up peeing it out. Your body can only use so much of it. I take 2-3 1,000mg pills daily.

Well it doesn't help really with existing scars but I do notice that new scars I get from new pimples tend to heal quickly & doesn't leave as bad as a scar. The resh scars fades rather quickly too!

yeah ive heard that before, anyone know for sure if it does actually do any noticable help to ur red marks?

Well they definitely are not killing me (duuh since I'm typing), but it's been giving me stomach problems doubt.gif I gotta go to the toilet offer lol...

But I dunno if it's the vitamin, or I'm just outgrowing it.. but my skin DEFINITELY looks so much better. The red marks are not so visible now and all I did is wash my face twice daily.

I don't think Vitamin C increases your chances of cancer - at least not something I've ever heard of before.

And also, yes, it is true that it looses its effect after a certain dose.

Vitamin C is relatively safe though, since it is water soluble as mentioned by artlez, which means that any excess would be removed from your body system via water loss. (As an aside, the fact that Vitamin A - or derivatives such as Accutane - is fat-soluble and not water is what makes it dangerous and toxic in high dosages - Vitamin A poisoning, etc. as it is much more difficult to remove.)

But of course, moderation is the key, to not just Vitamin C, but everything else in nutrition. I for one have heard people say 'a balanced diet/lifestyle' many times already!

and remember, supplements should only be just that - supplements. They shouldn't be your only source of Vitamin C.

I am guilty as charged too.

But I guess it is difficult sometimes as a student living away from home. I bet there are students out there with diets worse than mine - at least I don't live off Kraft dinners (macaroni cheese, etc.) alone ...

I am guilty as charged too.

But I guess it is difficult sometimes as a student living away from home. I bet there are students out there with diets worse than mine - at least I don't live off Kraft dinners (macaroni cheese, etc.) alone ...