Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Damn.,.

Well i've had acne for 4 years now. all Through out Jr High and now the first year of high school. It really really sucks. I play lots of basketball and I mean its getting to the point where I dont even want to go the gym to practice anymore. I've missed a billion parties this past year, dates with some girls etc. What bugs me even more is that I know im a pretty decent looking guy if I didnt have acne. I have literally tried everything that isnt presccribed, including proactiv and the regimen. I said I would give it until the end of the month until to be clearing up or else I would see a derm. So looks like im headed to the derm.

uhmm u could try my facial steaming first before u do anything..<3 and if ud like try my pure simplicity regimen, its affordable =]

Sorry to hear about your luck Nightro. I once considered myself a good looking guy too. Sometimes I think if it wasn't for acne I could have wound up to be too cocky. You mentioned that you tried every type of OTC topical avaliable. I'm curious how healthy your body is on the inside though. How is your diet? Do you eat a lot of sugar, bread, processed foods? What kind of sleep are you getting? You mentioned you're an athlete, do you use whey protein, creatine, or other supplements?

i hear you man, i skip out on tons of things including dates events family events ect because of my acne, its especially hard when you are used to getting positive attention... i used to get modeling offers and etc now im just someone nobody looks at twice. its rough and you just have to hope that it will get better

"I once considered myself a good looking guy too. Sometimes I think if it wasn't for acne I could have wound up to be too cocky."

Sorry to hear about your luck Nightro.  I once considered myself a good looking guy too.  Sometimes I think if it wasn't for acne I could have wound up to be too cocky.  You mentioned that you tried every type of OTC topical avaliable.  I'm curious how healthy your body is on the inside though.  How is your diet?  Do you eat a lot of sugar, bread, processed foods?  What kind of sleep are you getting?  You mentioned you're an athlete, do you use whey protein, creatine, or other supplements?

Well,

doctor put me on Minocycline 100mg and a Dalacin Topical.

Anyone have any good or bad stories regarding Mino?

All antibiotics take awhile to kick it..i'm on doxy and it ain't doing a damn thing for my skin. I heard Mino was better anyway. Good Luck!!

is Doxy is a lesser version of mino??

Awh thanks smile.gif

I actually think im seeing improvement already. But thats probably just me looking at myself differently or something tongue.gif

Yeah try the steaming!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha and breath through your nose hard and out your mouth [email protected]!!!! hahahaha

I didnt see a Derm, I just went to my family doctor and got accutane that quick and fast....but only 10mg...i hope i get at least 20mg next month.