Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry, i've googled everything i can think of and can't find a simple listing of which brands of birth control pills have a generic version. Anyone have an url? Otherwise, just note any brands that you know have a generic please. Thanks!

Sorry, i've googled everything i can think of and can't find a simple listing of which brands of birth control pills have a generic version.  Anyone have an url?  Otherwise, just note any brands that you know have a generic please.  Thanks!

No, they definitely all do not have generics. I still can't find a good listing of what does. I am already on one brand and am waiting for the gyn to call me back to switch brands, i'm not cool with a couple of these side effects and generics would be a helluva lot cheaper with my insurance coverage, but i'll just see what she suggests i guess since no one seems to know.

No, they definitely all do not have generics.  I still can't find a good listing of what does.  I am already on one brand and am waiting for the gyn to call me back to switch brands, i'm not cool with a couple of these side effects and generics would be a helluva lot cheaper with my insurance coverage, but i'll just see what she suggests i guess since no one seems to know.

Thanks. She switched me to Yasmin which doesn't seem to have a generic as far as i can tell, but hopefully it will agree with me more than the Estrostep she had me on so far. Wonder if the pharmacy will let me exchange my unopened Estrostep pack...

That'd be awesome if there was a generic Yasmin. I'm paying a little over $38/month for the stuff! Thanks alot, insurance, what a help you are. Yasmin hasn't done much of anything for my acne but the regulated cycle without awful cramps is great and I'm too scared to switch to a cheaper birth control because I'm afraid another pill will make me gain weight or give me cystic acne.

Sorry, i've googled everything i can think of and can't find a simple listing of which brands of birth control pills have a generic version.  Anyone have an url?  Otherwise, just note any brands that you know have a generic please.  Thanks!

No, they definitely all do not have generics.  I still can't find a good listing of what does.  I am already on one brand and am waiting for the gyn to call me back to switch brands, i'm not cool with a couple of these side effects and generics would be a helluva lot cheaper with my insurance coverage, but i'll just see what she suggests i guess since no one seems to know.

Hi there smile.gif

I am currently taking generic Ortho-Tricyclen (my version is called "Tri-Sprintec"). I believe the other acne-bcp Yasmin is also available in a generic form, although I've never tried it.

I'm having great success with the generic OTC... about 1 year ago I started taking that along with doxycycline and retin-a and my face is almost 100% clear. Good luck!

Hi there smile.gif

I am currently taking generic Ortho-Tricyclen (my version is called "Tri-Sprintec"). I believe the other acne-bcp Yasmin is also available in a generic form, although I've never tried it.

I'm having great success with the generic OTC... about 1 year ago I started taking that along with doxycycline and retin-a and my face is almost 100% clear. Good luck!

I'm not sure what country you are in but I have this health cover thing where if you have to take a more expensive from of the pill for some reason (eg acne) you can get a letter from the doctor prescribing it to you explaining this and give it to the health cover dudes and you get a partial refund.