Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forgive me if this sounds incredibly wierd, but for a few years now, I have been experiencing this sensation of throbbing and crawling under my skin. It happens mostly when I go to bed, and am lying very still. My face usaully throbs in a particular area for a few nights, and then a huge spot will form in that area. I also get this awful crawilng sensation in some parts of face, and my face tends to twitch a bit. It is so unccomfortable, I can sometimes hardly get to sleep.

I don't notice it during the day, but maybe that is because i am moving around and otherwise preoccupied.

Does anyone have any idea what this is?? Am I completely mad, or does anyone else experience this?? It's like i can practically feel my acne forming.....and is horribly uncomfotable.

Any insight appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i know exactly what your saying, and i dont know if its our minds playing tricks or if you can actually feel it forming...

Phew! i am glad someone else does! i thought i was a total freak. Maybe i still am. But I am positive it is not our minds playing tricks. I can seriously feel it!

Actually I have experienced this a few times. The only times I have ever experienced was when I did my nightly Pro-activ a while back. It would throb like right above my lip and cheek area and burn a little as well. The next morning I would wake up and the spot where it was throbing would completely be clear of any acne or red spots. Don't ask me how, I don't know. I know I doused it with the repairing lotion. This hasn't happened to me in a few months though and I am still doing Pro-activ, only at night now though. I don't really douse it anymore, but enough to get the burning sensation, but no throbbing or "crawling" whatsoever. I am going to try that C&C regimen thing tonight and I'll tell you if I experience that sensation again. Did any of you wake up with clear skin after that happened? Or was it just me?

- throbbing symptoms are commonly described by those with rosacea. sometimes they get facial flushing where certain parts of the face turn red.

all of these are caused by increased blood flow to the skin triggered by certain stressors that rosaceans are prone to like stress or certian types of food.

and the last i read benzoyl peroxide was was not commonly used in rosacea because it can make it worse. and the treatment is different.

i have never heard of rosacea leading to actual twitching or muscle spasms. but many people have benign facial spasms that come and go as well.

I recommend you get tested for demodex mites if you experience a crawling sensation and pimples come up where the itching sensation is.

I recommend you get tested for demodex mites if you experience a crawling sensation and pimples come up where the itching sensation is.

It is possible. feeling crawling sensations is the one of the symptoms. Redness and acne appearing in those places where you feel the itching or what not is another symptom. Getting a wash like plexion and using azelaic acid would be a very good treatment. First you should go and see if you have it. Even if you don't though, azelaic acid is a very good antibacterial and keeps pores open with no resistance to it. Good luck

I've gotten that feeling. It's usually when i'm using a product that is too irritating for my skin or I get it really bad if i'm allergic to something I've put on my skin. I usually end up getting some kind of breakout afterward.

I knew someone would bring up the mites thing... lol.gif

I've gotten that before..... it's probably when the acne is forming/inflaming/filling up with pus and pushing it's way through the skin slowly. eusa_shifty.gif But that's just a guess... I don't really know. Hope it's not mites! ninja.gif

MITES!!???!! bloody hell. I thought only cats got those.

How does one get these mites? where do the come from? Do they actually cause acne, or do they just occur at the same time? if i used this azelaic acid stuff, would it help my acne??

Now that you have mentioned it, I really think it may be that!

Thank you for all the help people. You guys rule. If you could answer any of the above questions, I would be eternally grateful.

Much love.

I actually got it again last night after I put a BP wash on my face. So it is definitely BP doing it for me, I'll go look in the mirror to see if it made it worse or better. It was right like near my nostril area and a little bit of lower cheek and upper lip area. Pretty much where my worst acne is. I got it here last time as well and the next morning it looked honestly 95% better than it had the day before.

yea it feels like the skin is pulsating or something. it's "normal". it usually happens when an agressive acne is forming deep inside the skin. all that shit is piling up inside the skin so you get the feel like it's pulsating. the only way to get rid of this is to take minocycline or some antibiothics. or have a lot of sex