Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you were given the chance to become completely clear, but it would mean that some random person in the world who didn’t already have acne would now get acne in the same severity that you have right now, would you do it?

Guest Amy Lee

Passing my acne to somebody else?

Well it would be cool if I would be clear and all of my acne goes to all those criminals, kidnappers, etc. so they would be too busy fussing over their acne rather than doing bad things. At least they now have something else to worry on instead of wasting their time plotting for evil acts.

absolutely NOT. that is horrible.

This is shit that i have to deal with, someone else has been blessed with beautiful skin and they are lucky. That is how things go. And that other person may have other health issues or tough life circumstances that i don't have. so it's all an unfortunate trade off. I hate how my acne is affecting me, but there's a long life ahead of us and it's going to get better. I've got to believe it.

I really struggle to believe that you guys would wish away your acne onto someone else. I'm depressed to think someone would do it.

absolutely NOT.  that is horrible.

This is shit that i have to deal with, someone else has been blessed with beautiful skin and they are lucky.  That is how things go.  And that other person may have other health issues or tough life circumstances that i don't have.  so it's all an unfortunate trade off.  I hate how my acne is affecting me, but there's a long life ahead of us and it's going to get better.  I've got to believe it. 

I really struggle to believe that you guys would wish away your acne onto someone else.  I'm depressed to think someone would do it.

People will do crazy things for clear skin, thats why in REALITY, theres money to be made in the "acne" industry.

im a selfish asshole lol.gif

I have lots of scarring right now. Id pass a few pimples over to someone completely clear. just so they know how it feels. just SOME pimples. I'd pass 4 pits to different random people, 5 red marks to each random person and in the end nobody gets something really sevre and they all know how it feels.

and id be clear at last biggrin.gif

Hi Guys,

I believe my having acne it makes you stronger. If you answer yes to that question to maybe need to seak help. Talk to someone. It will get better. Otherwise just wear more make-up.

have fun

Nope, I wouldn't. Acne is a horrible thing to wish on anybody. There are very few people I would even consider wishing it on, and even if I could I doubt I would give it to them.

Very unfortunate too, I would.

It has been so long, so severe that I could care less.....

I'll just pray that other someone would find a better cure, or hoping his internal body system is better than mine.

No way, think about how awful it makes you feel, I could be the reason someone else feels that bad...

do i get to pick the person who gets the acne?

i think i would do it anyway,

just to know what its like to have good skin for once, to not have to go through some damn regimen every night and morning, to be able to go out and not worry about people staring at your skin, and actually have confidence again

I've got someone who I would definitely wish my acne on, except that it's not really acne any more just an odd spot now and then. If it was as severe as mine used to be though then they'd learn! mad.gif

Don't mistake people for being altruists. You might not do it, but you better as hell believe that someone would do it to you without a doubt on his/her mind.

Look at it this way, in first world countries the media puts a large emphasis on appearances. If your looking from the media's perspective beauty isn't on the inside. In third world countries, where society is concerned where their next meal comes from instead of something superficial like acne, what's it matter if they get it?

You might be thinking, they have to deal with enough problems already why would you wish this on them? You know what, screw them. Who's fault their per capital GDP is lower then their IQ. Not mine, theirs. It's not my fault they live in poverty it's their reluctance to change. So in short, I'd definitely wish it on someone in a third world country.

In fact I'd wish it on anyone I don't know. I don't see why I would care if some Joe Shmo is burdened with my acne. I have no sympathy or compassion for people who've done nothing for me, and in turn I don't expect anything from them. You want to argue how uncompassionate I am, well tough crap- that's life it's unfair.

It depends. If I could choose the person, then possibly but I would have to think long about it. If I couldnt choose the person then no because all the personal trauma that this acne has put me through for the last 5 years.. Thats the hand fate dealt me, and I just need to make the best of it. I dont believe in putting my problems onto someone else.

If I really have to pass it to someone else, I'll pass it to those really really optimistic people with shining personalities so that people will ignore their acne and everyone will be happy. (Well it's just an ASSUMPTION)

I was thinking...it would be an interesting experiment to have people who have always had clear skin experience acne temporarily, especially those who tend to be judgemental, simply to gain a better perspective and understanding.

I would say it would be enlightening in general for people to experience different things that others struggle with, to live through them short-term to learn how it feels.

We often take things for granted.

But passing it on?

No! I know how it feels, and that is enough of a reason. I understand being really fed up, but I don't think the solution would be giving it to someone else.

I feel that what we give out, good or bad, often comes back to us, and anyway, why would you want someone to go through something you dislike so much going through yourself?

Imagine if, hypothetically, the reason you have acne today was because someone who answered yes, as some of you did, gave it to you. You might or might not know, but it is a sad thought, nonetheless. It's like, instead of wanting to take someone's pain away, you are giving them yours instead.

Again, I know it may seem like a small price to pay for clear skin after having had troubled skin for so long, especially if it would be given to a stranger, but I don't feel it would be right.