Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i had redness on my neck..but it went away within a week. just keep at it and use lots of moisturizer.

Yes it is. If it's too red and you're just starting the regimen, use less BP and slow ramp the dosage up, applying moisturizer afterwards. I had a sunburn like rash everywhere I applied BP when I started out.

thanks for the response everyone. hmm, how about initial break outs? did you break out bad at first?

also, is anyone super oily? i know if i wasnt oily id probably never had these nasty bacterias all over the place. sheesh.

im always blotting the oil. probably makes the pimples worse.

Le sigh

im on my fourth day and my face is stupidly red, all my other skin is pretty fare, and then my face is red, anyone know when this will go away!

Yes it is. If it's too red and you're just starting the regimen, use less BP and slow ramp the dosage up, applying moisturizer afterwards. I had a sunburn like rash everywhere I applied BP when I started out.

i started off 1x a day initially ...but it is not so advisable coz u are left unprotected for the next 12 hours,

i started off 1x a day initially ...but it is not so advisable coz u are left unprotected for the next 12 hours,

any ways to decrease the amount of redness?, cause i gota go to work saturday and i dont want to be all red looking, you know what im sayin?!!

Oh wow! The redness was the worst for me...I felt like everyone could see the colour of my face! For me the redness lasted up to three weeks (I think cause my skin is so pale). I absoulety hung in there though, cause I was determined to make the BP work for me. I was right to stick with it because my skin went back to normal about week 3. It takes time for your skin to adjust to the new chemical we are asking it to accept almost 24 hours a day. The days I felt I couldn't cope with not only the redness and tight, burning skin I would back off on the BP, say skip a morning application. It gives your skin a little bit of a break. Caution, though, don't skip too many or you'll start to break out; the redness won't necessarily magically disappear from skipping one morning. Again, your skin reacts to things in a slow manner, good or bad.

Hang in there...this too shall pass as the saying goes...just not as fast as we would like.

Good luck.