Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CuEdge

Vinegar warning!

I used the vinegar treatment for two weeks and then decided to stop. The treatment worked very well in the beginning, but recently my skin started getting very sensitive. I then decided to stop using it. The result one day after stopping using is four huge deep cysts spread around my face.

So, don't stop using it no matter how bad it makes your skin feel... ](*,)

Anyone got any tips on getting quickly rid of these cysts? I have been drinking water with lemon all the time.

oh no, that's awful!

Try the visine-frozen q-tip. Or, Herbal Authority's Blemish Stick w/Tea Tree. I've found that it halves the healing time.

Hmmm.... very interesting. I have been using it daily for about 2 weeks. After the first week, I got 3 cysts ( it had been at least 6 months since I'd had any significant breakouts, so I'm sure it was vinegar-related) The point is that I didn't Stop the Vinegar, this happened shortly after I Started! Well, I think it was a combination of bringing the acne to the surface AND irritation! I've cut back to a vinegar with less acidity and only once daily.

Search the regimen board for "cyst". Here's what I found: Put a damp hot washcloth on for about 15 minutes (keep re-heating it in the microwave) and try some OTC hydrocortizone.

I have been using vinegar method for more than 10 days, but then my skin got very irritated. (see my posting at vinegar/lemon thread) I have small bumps all over my face like prickly heat (?). This is the third day I stop using vinegar. My skin is getting better everyday, no break-out so far. So I don't think it is vinegar related.

I think if the vinegar method works for you, continue using it. But if you found even small sign of irritation, stop it right away or dilute the vinegar until you can use it comfortably. I decided to stop 'cuz I found vinegar is too harsh for my skin, even in its diluted form. Others might feel differently.

For cysts, try garlic, if you can stand the smell. Some people said you can dip the garlic in milk to get rid of the smell. I never tried it though. A good friend of mine hardly got any pimple and out of the blue she got a big one. I told her to use garlic, and it cured her over night. The red mark disappeared after 4 days. She said it was quite painfull, but left her no scar. For less painfull one, try zinc oxide. My husband cannot stand garlic (maybe his ancestors were vampires LOL), so I use baby diaper ointment instead. Try one with all natural ingredients if you can find it. I use Burt's Bees. Just dab some on affected area, don't use it for the whole face unless you need a sunscreen O:) It has mild bleaching effect.

now you're starting to scare me...

i've been using the vinegar method for 3 days now and i'm thinking of stopping cause i hate getting cysts..

they tend to stay longer on my face and may lead to scarring (the purpose i'm using the vinegar method in the first place, so ironic)...

Hey! Just to say I have been using the vinegar method ever since Maya first posted it and I have not had any significant breakouts... just the odd spot. I used to get awful cystic acne, huge ones in groups of 4 or more... but I have been clear for a few weeks now and the vinegar hasn't irritated my face in any way... my face is just looking clearer. SO, I guess it is different for everyone and it is good to get the good and the bad side of things out... but at the same time.. if vinegar is working fine for you then I would say don't worry and stick with it.

For the vinegar method..I'm getting a couple cysts on my face and really tiny zits on my nose (like 5-6) ever since I started the vinegar method. Should I keep using it since its like all other acne medication..it gets worse before it gets beetter?

It's hard to know how to advise... in my opinion the vinegar method is really to help out with scarring rather than active acne... as it exfoliates your skin. I guess I don't see it as acne treatment... I still use other topicals for keeping my skin clear of acne. However on the vinegar thread many have said it has brought out more pimples etc which could be the vinegar drawing out stuff. Personally I have had no more pimples than usual, and I have been using the vinegar 2 times a day for the past few weeks.

I have been doing vinegar (malt, diluted as I apply to wet face) twice a day and taping once a day. I have had no acne at all in this time, which is unusual.

I switched to Eden's Organic Brown Rice vinegar about 5 days ago and am much better now! I have just about cleared up the cysts (see my post above) using hydrocortizone and benzoyl peroxide. This brown rice vinegar hardly smells and is much less irritating, but still does the exfoliation/ skin softening.

I'm taking Accutane at the moment. Should I worry about using the vinegar method? Also, I have brown spots/discoloration scars on my shoulders, would the vinegar method still be effective for these type of scars? Thank you, and hang in there everybody.

an0nym0u5 -don't use this whilst on accutane - your skin will be too thin and sensitive.

Thanks for the quick reply, Maya!. I noticed that my face has been stinging like crazy after using this treatment for a couple of days. I haven't experienced any stinging or irritation on my shoulders yet, though. Thanks again.

Kevin