Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I guess first off I should probably just introduce myself, this is my first post here, so I'd hate to start it off bitching about my situation. I've had mild acne since I was in middle-school and it grew from there. It's moderate right now since I've been breaking out like crazy, but my big problem is my acne-marks (yeah, the fun stuff you get after you think its over). I'm 17, and I justgraduated high-school. As in my graduation was last weekend. Which in itself is a pretty stressful event for your average teenager, no? But things just seem to continue to come at me right now and I was just hoping for a little encouragement.

My acne hadn't been bad for most of high-school. A few marks here or there, but they'd fade pretty quick. But for some reason they just refused to go away this year. Every new pimple I'd get would leave a mark (marks that I still have now, even after maaany months) And usually I'd clear up pretty well in the summer but stress from school in the fall would bring it back.

But it doesn't appear that things are going nearly as well this year. I decided to try the Murad acne complex (crap!) after using their supplements and having moderately good results, and all went awry. (I would really love to sue the makers of Murad) I broke out more than I ever had, all over my face, not just where I normally get pimples, and now that I've stopped using their products, I keep breaking out. (Not to mention their terrible customer service when I complained, but don't get me started on that)

But usually things like this wouldn't get me down, you see, I had a wonderful support system built up for myself. My family did the best they could to help me out, and I had a loving boyfriend of three years (whom I only 2 weeks ago stopped dating) who did his best to convince me that I was beautiful despite the acne. But all of that has changed.

We've recently broken up (like I said) and the reality of everything is just hitting me so hard. Not only has my face broken out in an ungodly manner, but now I have no one to lean on for support. Yes, my family is still there for me, but you know how it is sometimes. They're your family, they're obligated to tell you you're beautiful right? And to top it off, I'm going far far away to college next year, into a city I've never been with people I've never met before, and I'm afraid my face will really hinder my ability to go out and meet new people. You see, I have just about 0 confidence in myself with my acne and without anyone to support me.

It just makes me really depressed I guess. I was with this boy who loved me for three years and now he doesn't want me anymore, right when I need him the most. And I'd love to tell myself I'll meet someone when I go away to college but my lovely acne keeps flaring up. It taunts me. I honestly think I can hear it speaking to me when I look at myself in the mirror, telling me that no one could ever love a girl that looks like me. I mean, I was with someone who loved me, who wanted to marry me (yea, I know you're going to say I'm way to young to be thinking about marriage but in my silly mind I thought it could happen) and he can just drop me out of his world over nothing (the reasons for our split were very vague). If he changed his mind so fast, how can I even think anyone else is going to see me the way he used to?

I don't mean to sit around and cry to a bunch of people who have never even heard of me before, it's just really difficult. The real world is coming, no more little high-school bubble. And now there's no one there to help me out in this world of crazy-high standards. And yes, I can't wait to get out into the real world, where everyone judges you on how you look, with a face full of acne.

And whom better to be really vulnerable to but a bunch of strangers? I'm sorry.

Any other high-school grads feeling like they're in way over thier heads now, or am I the only one folding under the stress right now?

(Doesn't help that most of my acne is stress-induced and that my breakouts only cause more stress huh?) eusa_wall.gif

Young girl in a long term relationship = this is great, i found a guy whos not afraid of commitment

Young guy in a long term relationship = I need to get out of this as soon as possible

The real world where everyone judges you based on your appearance? High school is the WORST for that. People in college wont care about your acne, im sure youll see alot more people with acne too. You should try dans regimen... it helped me alot.... 2 months ago I was so depressed I stayed in the house for like a week straight... and now im almost clear

First of all welcome to the site. Lovely to have you here but depressing to see that another person is suffering under the curse of the dreaded acne eusa_wall.gif

You will find that so many people here are going through the same feelings as you are. Acne can completely destroy someone, it knocks away all their confidence and self-esteem and can push a person down to dangerous levels of depression. So although you are despairing at the minute remember that you are not alone in this and feel free to talk! The support you can get on this website is great.

It is a vicious cycle -stress can cause breakouts but acne causes stress!

Have a close look around the site, hopefully you will find a regimen somewhere that has helped someone else that can help you too.

Stay close to your family because at a time of change you really will need their support, you are lucky to have it. I guess the only thing you can do when you go to college is to collect any last trace of confidence you have and make friends as soon as you can. True friends will stick by you acne or no acne.

I think the highest standards people are aiming for are their own. Sometimes we put our own expectations so high that when we fail it hits us hard. Take one step at a time, to conquer acne will take a lot of patience.

Have you tried other things for your skin apart from the Murad acne complex? You could try dan's regimen or go to your doctor and get them to prescribe you something that will help you. It is unlikely that the first few things you try will clear you but don't give up!

Young girl in a long term relationship = this is great, i found a guy whos not afraid of commitment

Young guy in a long term relationship = I need to get out of this as soon as possible

The real world where everyone judges you based on your appearance? High school is the WORST for that. People in college wont care about your acne, im sure youll see alot more people with acne too. You should try dans regimen... it helped me alot.... 2 months ago I was so depressed I stayed in the house for like a week straight... and now im almost clear

Have you tried other things for your skin apart from the Murad acne complex? You could try dan's regimen or go to your doctor and get them to prescribe you something that will help you. It is unlikely that the first few things you try will clear you but don't give up!