Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex916

15% Glycolic Gel

With the 15% do I put it under my bp? I read that before buying lactic peels I should use the 15% glycolic gel. Well I bought that and I'm wondering how I should apply it. I can leave it on all day right?

No way no how should you leave it on that long. You will burn your skin. I use 15% glycolic lotion and i leave it on up to 10 minutes, depending on how bad it stings. If it just sting a little leave it on up to 10, but if it burns like hell take it off right away. i would start by doing your face in sections the first time, as some parts of your face may be more sensitive.

Also, make sure you do it no more than 2 times per week. i would start with once a week though

With the 15% do I put it under my bp? I read that before buying lactic peels I should use the 15% glycolic gel. Well I bought that and I'm wondering how I should apply it. I can leave it on all day right?

Depends on what product you bought. Weren't instructions inluded?

I have the "NeoStrata 15 AHA Gel plus", with this one you don't have to neutralize / take it off.

I think with these lower concentrations it depends on wether the acid is buffered or not: if it's pH is 3,6 you don't have to neutralize it, if the pH is 1 you probably have to.