Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
campfitnfun

Do yall get acne from sleeping on your pillowcases

Hey! Just wondering? Because most of my acne is on the cheeks and jawline area. I've read that if this happens to just get used to sleeping on your back. Well, I tried this the other nite and i couldn't get comfortable doing it. And once I use a pillowcase, I wash it. I use a different pillowcase every nite. So what's the deal? I am convinced this is the source of my acne. I don't ever get it on my nose, forehead, or the front of my chin. So, anybody have this problem, suggestions, comments? sad.gif

Yeah, that's where I get all of mine too.... it might be from my pillows and I have yet to clean my pillowcases everynight.... I still get occasional breakouts on my forhead and chin but hardly any at all.. I've thought about what you wrote a lot.. but I don't know what would help you.. how long have you been using a new pillowcase every night?? maybe you just have to wait it out and see what happens.. but it may not even be the cause of your breakouts... I don't know dude.. good thought though...

i wonder this as well, i have the same problem as you. i sleep on my side, and i seem

to get the worst problems on the side i sleep on.

the problem is no matter how hard i try to sleep on my back i just end up on my side

anyway wacko.gif

how long have you been using a new pillowcase every night??

Gosh that's a long time to count but I will try. The woman that gave me my first facial suggested this and I want to say I've been using a different pillowcase every nite for the past two years. I kknow it has been at least that long, but it mite be longer. Not sure, but it has been a long while.

Do you use fabric softener (liquid or dryer sheets) after laundering your pillow cases? If so..the fine, oily residue deposited on the fabric from the softener could be contributing to your problem...just a thought... eusa_think.gif

The fact that you may toss and turn while you sleep at night could make the pillow irritate your skin. Also oil deposits can be transferred from one part of your face to the other, I assume.

Just change the pillow case every night and try to use a soft pillow case, not flannel. Otherwise, there's nothing you can really do about it is there?

Do you use fabric softener (liquid or dryer sheets) after laundering your pillow cases?  If so..the fine, oily residue deposited on the fabric from the softener could be contributing to your problem...just a thought... eusa_think.gif

why don't you try changing your laundry detergent, double rinse if you don't all ready do that ..and stop using fabric softener for a while and see if there is any change... wink.gif

I think this happens to me too. I've been regimental for close to a month now and the only troublesome pimple that's developed is on the right side of my face where I normally roll over to sleep. Also I think my cell phone presses against that area if I"m not careful. It's frustrating, because people are so particular about how they need to sleep. You don't just go changing sleeping habits all at once. I think we all need to buy a whole bunch of cheap pillowcases and keep them clean and ready and not use fabric softener of them.

Are you a male?

I have the same problem...only get acne on my cheeks (well the acne that bothers me is on my cheeks) i do get blackheads on my nose but i dont really give a shit about them really, they will go in time...everyone gets blackheads.

I would class my acne to be moderate although some mioght say its mild - who knows what mild and moderate are? if anyone knows - post it up.

I get acne on my cheeks because of the beard growth (well start of it anyway) and the places where my beard seems to be forming nicely i hardly get acne there. the reason i get acne really is because of this fucking beard growing through my face! i have got combination skin (the oily T-Zone).

I change my pillow case everyday (well if you turn it over and around you can get a max of 4 nights smile.gif ) my hair is always clean before i sleep so no hair products on the pillow!

I personally dont think i get acne because of sleeping on my side and neither do i think its because my pillowcase - just bastard puberty (when will it end...please....only the beard to go....c'mon)

Use cotton pillow cases and change them every night atleast.

Are you a male?

I have the same problem...only get acne on my cheeks (well the acne that bothers me is on my cheeks) i do get blackheads on my nose but i dont really give a shit about them really, they will go in time...everyone gets blackheads.

I would class my acne to be moderate although some mioght say its mild - who knows what mild and moderate are? if anyone knows - post it up.

I get acne on my cheeks because of the beard growth (well start of it anyway) and the places where my beard seems to be forming nicely i hardly get acne there. the reason i get acne really is because of this fucking beard growing through my face! i have got combination skin (the oily T-Zone).

I change my pillow case everyday (well if you turn it over and around you can get a max of 4 nights  smile.gif ) my hair is always clean before i sleep so no hair products on the pillow!

I personally dont think i get acne because of sleeping on my side and neither do i think its because my pillowcase - just bastard puberty (when will it end...please....only the beard to go....c'mon)

Use cotton pillow cases and change them every night atleast.

haha what like i might have to change my pillow case every hour or so during the night "every night atleast" lol.gif

If you had read my post i do sleep on a clean pillow face everynight...

cotton, why cotton? less irritation maybe?

well i never eally thought of this before like i knew that i should change my pillow cases but i just put a clean towl on my pillow andfold it then flip it over and shit until all the sides are used up but somenights i dont flip it. but i just thought of it all my acne is along my jawline and sides of neck right under ear and on cheeks nothing to cloes by my nose and hardly anything on forhead i get the occasional pimple on forhead but nothing really everything is where my pillow would touch or my hand touches when i lean on it. hm o and mybe the towles are causing acne u think? bc most of my towls are not that soft like kinda gridy mybe more irritant. also some nights i dont take a shower bc its summer lol and i still have jel or products in my hair and mybe that gets on there and i roll over or something.hm idk

but when ur going to sleep and u are watching tv and what not try not to put ur arms up behind ur head u get oils from ur body on ur clean pillow case exspecially if u didnt take a shower. just a thought

campfitnfun...I apologize for stating the obvious..but, maybe it isnt your pillowcase ..by an chance, do you ever sit.. leaning with your chin resting on your hand..like in front of the computer or whatever???? sorta like this.. eusa_think.gif just a thought...

do u drool by any chance? lol.gif

Nooooo, i don't drool LOL! But if i did I would tell ya!

Oh, and I am all woman to answer someone's question.

Usually I don't touch my face. I bathe and shower a lot, pull my hair back when I sleep. Nah, I think I can thank good 'ol mom and dad for this one. It ain't the pillowcase. Thanks guys tho for all your replies and thoughts. Maybe someone wasn't doin this and now they are! ha! ha!

well i heard from somewhere that pillowcases especially if not fully clean can be bad for your skin. i also read somewhere that pillowcases help attribute to wrinkles. not like it affects any of us though.

well i heard from somewhere that pillowcases especially if not fully clean can be bad for your skin. i also read somewhere that pillowcases help attribute to wrinkles. not like it affects any of us though.

i started sleeping on my back because of this, then i started to get acne on my back. its annoying.