Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ericadc

Immune to Benzoyl Peroxide

I have been using this regimen for about two months and the 2.5% BP has worked, but lately, my skin hasn't really been responding to it. It's like my skin has become immune to the dosage I've been using (which has been A LOT). I got a zit the other day, and I haven't had one in forever, so I switched up to the 10% BP. And my skin STILL feels like it's not drying the zit out. Has anyone else had this problem? IMMUNITY to the benzoyl peroxide?!?!?

I agree with HendrixIsGod, you're gonna get a zit every once in a while. and why would you go up to 10% BP?!? eusa_doh.gif

Yeah, one zit is something that's just going to happen. You're just going to have to live with the occasional pimple here-and-there.

If it comes back full force though, then you might just have to face the fact that BP doesn't work for everyone, and for some people it just stops working after a while. I wouldn't worry over one zit though.

I think I know what's happening. Well, you been using the BP for a nearly 2 months. That's enough you should dicrease it and moisturized.