Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daveMathews48

dan's recommendation to dry?

is anyone here using the purpose gentle cleansing bar Dan recommends? I've been using it and i think its making my skin dry. my skin is really dry right out of the shower. is this normal?

i am moisterizing with dan's neutrogena's oil-free moisturizer

is anyone here using the purpose gentle cleansing bar Dan recommends?  I've been using it and i think its making my skin dry. my skin is really dry right out of the shower. is this normal?

i am moisterizing with dan's neutrogena's oil-free moisturizer

That could mean you are using too much moisturizer. Which means some of it dries up and forms a layer on your skin. So after getting your skin wet that layer, which is very hard to notice anyway, dries up and makes your skin feel tight. Believe it or not, too much moisturizer can be bad.

Bar products are drying....fine if you have oily skin. I have dry skin...and I would never stick a bar soap based product on my face. I use cetaphil liquid cleanser...it is not drying at all.

I tried the purpose gentle cleansing bar and also found it to be very drying. If you watch the video, Dan barely washes/scrubs, etc. at all. I feel the need to do a bit more massaging/washing, etc. that what he did. Maybe if you literally do what he does (i.e, lather for 10 secs) it won't be as drying or not drying at all.

Anyway, I now use the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar and love it (been using it for a week. I rather have a pump, but the bar's not too bad to deal w/). For me it's way less drying than the purpose. I am trying to be as gentle as possible (it's tough :), don't feel like you are cleaning if your too gentle.

Give it a shot if you haven't already.

A lot of people say the purpose bar is drying. Go ahead and try another and let us know what you think.

well I was sticking with the Purpose Bar for a while but it eventually became to dry so I tried the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser Wash, which immediatly stopped my face's dryness. It still a little dry, but not unbearable as with the Purpose.