Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi John. Take a look at this, it should help clear up some of your questions:

http://www.acneelimination.com/options/panto.html

I wouldn't bother with pills, too much of a hassle. Go for Pantothenic Acid (B5) powder, which there is a link to at the bottom of the page. If you're doing 10 grams per day, split it up to 2.5 grams 4 times a day for a total of 10 g per day.

B5 worked wonders for me, and I never considered my self to have oily skin at all. Definitely worth a go!

I've heared you shouldn't do it while on BP though... You could always give it a try and see if it bothers you though, probably depends on how "dried out" your skin already is from the regimen. If you've been on BP for a while now and it's not over-dry, it's probably worth a shot.

Good luck. smile.gif

10 grams a day after you do 5 grams for 3 days? The biggest package they come in is 90, and it's 18 bucks, how the hell will I afford like 50 bottles of this? I was told one CAPSULE a day from the clerk.

I used B5 (about 8 grams per day) and it cleared up my oily skin, however, the side effects were bad for me. I got a kidney stone that my urologist said formed because of the calcium buildup from the B5 megadosing. Well, I quickly learned that I'd rather have oily skin than go through the kidney stone pain again, so I don't take it anymore. I am starting to take 900mg of pantethine per day now (3 pills) instead of B5. I'm on day 4 of it... I'll have to report back my results. Pantethine is supposedly more bioavailable than B5 meaning that B5 actually has to metabolize before it even becomes pantethine, so that's why you need more of it.

take care.

1000 mg is a gram and you're supposed to take abot 10 grams a day. The guy probably doesn't really know anything about it as a treatment for acne.

I think I may only take like 5 or 6 grams a day when I reach max supplement. How do you guys afford this stuff? It's like 18 bucks canadian for 60.

I think I may only take like 5 or 6 grams a day when I reach max supplement. How do you guys afford this stuff? It's like 18 bucks canadian for 60.