Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
humanbiology

Yes! Accutane for me!

I'v seen alot of people on board talking about Accutane and stuff and I wonder to myself like I am ever going to take that. Well, My whole family went to our family doctor and out of no where my doctor says "Wow, your so tall. What grade are you in now and all that stuff etc....Couples minutes later shes like you have pimples now. I was like ummm yeah sad.gif . She said the only medicine she could give me is Accutane. Hmmm Cool, I'll try it out, who wouldnt. She said I should of came to here before I broke out as bad. Shit I didnt know my family doctor can give me Accutane. Oh well now I am on Accutane Just got it today for $70 bucks! Month worth. WOW.

I got some qeustions about this Accutane.

Well I bought Accutane Roche 10. It is 10mg seems low compared to everyone one on board that I'v have read. I don't know why.

I have a Acne kit from Murad.com That I bought a while ago..It has the cleanser, toner, lotion, mask, and some quick pimple midicine..

They all contain some kind of Sacridyyy something I dont know how to spell that then Acid.....SA.. The mask has 4%sulfer or something like that.. It has no BP.

Can I still continue to use this acne kit while I am taking dosages off the 10mg Accutane?

Can I use that mask that came with my acne kit?

I have to take 1 dosage a day right, during or after I eat?

It is only 10mg but I want it to last 30 days, so I am gonig to only take 1 a day..

I am going to start today!

And no pictures read my Sig.

10mg a day is very low unless you are going on for long term, like a year or more, not just the 6 months. Usually doctors want you to have at least 125mg/kg in your body. So taking only 10mg a day will take a while to add up to that amount. It would take almost 2 weeks for just one kilogram. You could use that stuff as long as it does not irritate your skin. Or it is not scrubs or whatever as your skin is a lot more sensitive and susceptible to scarring. And NO you do not chew your tablets lol. You should take them with a high fat meal as it gets absorbed better that way. Take it after eating. By swallowing it! lolol. Anyway, family doctors could prescribe accutane if she is registered as an accutane provider. Remember to get your blood tests. Did you not read your pamphlet? you really should, a lot of these things are covered in it.

I don't like reading instructions. Men are like that, lol.

I dont know why she gave me 10mg though. I don't want to complain to my doctor or anything. Maybe because I am only 16 and weigh just above 100.

Is it more exensive for a higher mg?

Oh yeah, I shallowed it...lol. I have a hard time shallowing tablets or medicine. But watermelon got this sucker down, lol.

soo... can i use my acne kit still?

Hmmmm well I am a guy. You should read your instructions because accutane is a pill, that has side effects, and you are putting it in your body. makes sense? yeah... Usually doctors give a lower dose the first month, but not as low as 10mg unless you are only taking 20mg for the rest of the time. If you are going to take 40-60 (which would probably be a good dose for you as you are a little over 100 pounds) she/he should have started off at like 20. That is why going to a dermatologist would be better, they have more experience. And yes, a higher dose would be more expensive. Hopefully she will give you a higher dose, like around 40 mg so you can add up to 125mg/kg by the end of treatment biggrin.gif

I do not know/ I know 40 mg tablets are like 470 dollars for claravis in America. For Roaccutane because it is a name brand would probably be more expensive. Your insurance obviously covers some of it though. if money is an issue ask for a generic brand, those are cheaper and are the same thing.

HOLY FUCK! Are you serious? Yeah I have Accutane Roche 10. It cost me 70 bucks for a 10mg 30 cablets... So for a 40mg 30 day is like 400 bucks???? WHHHHATT....so 20mg is around 200? or 150??? jesus ill stick with my 10mg for 70 bucks a month.

HOLY FUCK! Are you serious? Yeah I have Accutane Roche 10. It cost me 70 bucks for a 10mg 30 cablets... So for a 40mg 30 day is like 400 bucks???? WHHHHATT....so 20mg is around 200? or 150??? jesus ill stick with my 10mg for 70 bucks a month.

Guest Craigems

Accutane is a serious drug, and probably the only drug i've read alot on... so read the instructions no-matter how boring it may be.

LOL, no need to read the instructions and side effects. My doctor just gave it to me and it says 1 dosage a day with or after your meal on the box so thats what I am doing. Why would I need to know the side effects.

Btw, I did read the side effects lol. Pretty harsh. Oh well, my liver and fucked up anyways because of drinking and smoking and suicide?....Please...lol.

Can I still steam and use my mask?

I think I should ask for 20mg next time I see her. 10mg seems low, but I understand if she says you should start off at a low dosage then go to 20mg. I hope I get 20mg in 30 days.

My acne kit has no BP but has SA, Can I still use this 4 step process? or 5?6?

cleaners

toner

pimple spot treatment

lotion

once in a while:

steam

mask

Guest TylerD

Dont worry about a low dosage man. Just take what you got. I am on 40 mg right now and that is a good dose. Craigems started on 20 a week. Ya 20 mg once a week. THAT IS VERY LOW!! lol so just take the 10 mg a day. And eventually you will get boosted up. And ummm 40 mg pills. Mine were like i cant remember lol my insurance covered it. So its all good. But just take the 10 for about 3 weeks or maybe even a month and then decide from there. By then the side effects should start to kick in and you will make up your mind from there.

yeh, people start off low, there are plenty of people u see around on 10mg.... also u aren't supposed to use anything else with roaccutane... well u can but it'll just dry u out too much and make it worse... i am on 40mg a day and all i use is cetaphil face wash in morning and night.

Wow, 80mg a day!!!!

Well I am still using the cleanser that came with my ance kit and the toner...and the lotion...and the mask and the spot treatment...whatever.. works double time lol.

Alrite this is how it goes, my doc showed me his book when he did my perscription.

Take how many KG u weight. When you first start your suppose to take 0.5mg of Accutane for each KG u weight.

Then later on you take 1mg of accutance for every KG you weight.

Now here is my story. I weighed i believe 67KG. My doc gave me 30mg to start off on. After 2 weeks all of my acne was gone and never came back. When i went for a check up with him, when he was suppose to raise my dosage he said not to bother since my body reacted to it so well. As well instead of taking it for 4 months i took it for 2 months. That was about a year a go and no acne since then.

So you never know humanbiology 10mg maybe all you need.