Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A lot of the things bodybuilders eat are potentially bad for you skin - all dairy, most supplements etc.

But, i feel as if i would rather be quite big and have a little acne then be skinny / bad body with a little acne.

So i find i cannot come off dairy because it is a vital source of protein. I feel as if my body is a way of directing attention away from my face to make me stand out of the crowd and be noticed as being attractive, even though i have a little acne.

This post sounds so vain, and yes i probably am vain, just thought i'd share my feelings. Anyone feel the same - workout and forget about dairy to get in good shape and hence feel better about themselves - even though they have a little acne??

Guest Stu :-)

Hi there,

Yeh im in the same boat as you. Kinda have a bit of acne but for a better body. I don't do dairy though, and still a reasonable weight. I get most of my protein from, eggs, fish (mainly mackeral), beans, and Metrx protein. You don't have to have dairy mate, theres many more options. You may even be lucky enough that if you quit dairy it could stop your acne! How old are you and how long have you been training?

S

Wow I can totally relate to your post! You're right that when it comes to diet for acne vs bodybuilding, it seems like it's basically an either/or situation; either your skin or your body-- your choice! Sucks, don't it. You CAN compromise, but I totally know what you mean about the convenience of just drinking 3 pints of milk a day in order to guarantee your optimal protein intake. It is worth eliminating dairy from your diet for a few weeks just to see if this makes the difference-- for some people this alone significantly clears their acne.

You mentioned supplements (whey; creatine with the sugar included for the insulin spike?).

If you follow the link below, "natural acne program", there are some supplements you may want to consider for acne. These work for a lot of people.

As for diet, I essentially follow the diet included in my program, but as I'm now working out I take in more meat and drink 3 pints milk / day with a great whey protein shake with each (optimum nutrition). However I can get away with this now as I am on Accutane.

It's not easy and I totally know where you're coming from.

A buddy of mine who bodybuilds told me that he knows quite a few bodybuilders who take Accutane, as so many young men who bodybuild also suffer acne (if you have the predisposition to acne and also pursue a real bodybuilding lifestyle you're going to break out, what with the dairy, sugar-mixed creatine, whey for some, and obviously anabolic steriods). Maybe if you are able to get it, Accutane will solve this diet quandary for you.

Most of the bodybuilders I know use accutane because of the breakouts caused from steroids.

as for the bodybuilder diet, for the most part its a pretty clean way of eating. Lots of veggies, whole grains, nuts, lean meats, milk, and protien shakes.

Simple carbs are usually avoided, except post workout.

So what im saying is a bodybuilders diet is healthier, and cleaner than most peoples way of eating

I strongly disagree with that!

I'm a body builder for 3 years now and our diet. We don;'t ussually eat that. We prefer meat than veggies, wheats, etc. We can't have strenght to lift on those foods.

I've tried it before and it really won't help. A body builder's diet is eaat lots of meat and 1-2 cups of rice. I eat veggies sometimes but I will not forget not to eat meat... or I will surely fade on my daily routine in the gym. I lift weights 5-6 days a week.

I strongly disagree with that!

I'm a body builder for 3 years now and our diet. We don;'t ussually eat that. We prefer meat than veggies, wheats, etc. We can't have strenght to lift on those foods.

I've tried it before and it really won't help. A body builder's diet is eaat lots of meat and 1-2 cups of rice. I eat veggies sometimes but I will not forget not to eat meat... or I will surely fade on my daily routine in the gym. I lift weights 5-6 days a week.

been training about 8 months and am seeing a good improvement with arms, chest and back! yay. train 4 times a week if i can. i'm 19

Guest Nblx

The problem with bodybuilding is you have to consume calories in excess of your 'to live' needs in order to build muscle. You thus enter an anabolic state. This can cause acne.

Most bodybuilders pile on the calories to make sure, when only a couple of hundred calories above their living needs are required. They also dont slowly ramp up cals, which causes a surge and thus a potential breakout!

Whilst there are many factors which contribute to acne this anabolic state is the foundation.

okay, I am a girl and I do not body build, BUT I am into light lifting and cardio. I started to getting really in shape when my acne was bad. I felt it was a way that if someone didn't like my face; they could say that I at least I had a good body. Well, now I am really fit - it feels great and I am almost completely clear.

Anyway, the topic - I use soy milk, lactaid, and other milk replacements. My friend drinks goat's milk with no problems. They are a bit more expensive, but when I make a meal replacement shake; I don't want to use real milk. I also eat a lot of yogurt - the sugar free kind. I think the yogurts good bacteria actual helps my skin.

I also eat a lot of legumes for protien with wheat rice. Tuna fish is good too.

Please don't do roids. I hear it will do things to your thing. Also, no amount of muscle is worth your health. One more thing, my guy friend did roids and he was the most hot tempered guy in the world. I had to end our friendship because he turned into such a hothead. Don't forget to focus on your inside (character) too.

I am sure my thoughts here are not really what this thread is about, but I wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks guys smile.gif

Baby Blue