Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlKaMiMe

Glycolic Peel

Just a question on the glycolic peel... does it cause redness at all? and if it does how much redness? Cause i still have to go to school, and i dont want to go with a bright red face...you know...lol... biggrin.gif

Any help would be great!

AlKaMiMe *2005* eusa_dance.gif

It all depends on how sensative your skin is, the % of glycolic acid AND how long you leave it on (in some cases). How sensative is your skin and what % are you going to try?

the amount of ph in the solution also matters because it buffers the acid. Like glycolic acid with 2.0 ph is ten times stronger then one with 3.0.

My skin is fairly sensitive with some products but with others it can handle it fine... im thinkin of trying the 30% peel... eusa_think.gif

and do u recomend that i go to a proper place to get it done, or from home?

Thanks

There's warnings from the sellers that if your not mentally stable then you shouldn't use it... Lol!

I guess that you do need to be mentally stable because if your skin is sensitive to glycolic acid (like mine), you'll get scabbing all over your face even with a 20% glycolic peel (i only put the glycolic acid for 2 and a half minutes!!). the scab (in my case, very thick and crusty) will take about 1-2 weeks to fall off. In the mean time, your skin will look totally dry and later cracks will appear all over your face. what i'm trying to say is that you'll look absolutely terrible. however, the end result is excellent. red marks are less noticeable. it's just that the effect of the peel during the 1-2 weeks is unbearable (for me especially!). but of course, if your skin is okay with the glycolic acid... then everything will be okay. just a bit of redness here and there. by the way, since glycolic peel isn't suitable for me... i have switched to microdermabrasion. it's similar to peel as it is also for exfoliation. only a bit expensive.

oh ok... i guess ill have to look into it more and get professional advice... is there another way to reduce red marks? does bio oil help? and does bio oil cause more acne?

Thanks biggrin.gif