Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dudeski

regimen and summer holiday

im thinking of trying BP, but im going to greece soon, and i was wondering whether i could use it on holiday. i read something on this site saying that you should keep out of the sun whilst on the regimen if possible. and also theres the issue of sun tan lotion. is this a problem? can you put it on over BP? do you need a special type?

the main reason that im thinking of trying the regimen is because i'll be on holiday on the beach topless and stuff, and i want to have clear skin, so if i cant use BP, is there anything else i could do?

thanks for the help

Let me start out by saying: I'm so jealous that you're going to Greece! :D

Ok. BP will make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so.... I dunno. I'd recommend moisturizer with high SPF/sunblock.

But I don't know, I'm not in the sun a whole lot, so I'd wait until someone with some experience replies. :D

Have fun in Greece! :)

its funny how people outside the US call trips "holidays"! We call them vacations! Just thought it was funny!

your lucky your getting out. i NEVER mess up my EXACT regimen, EVER. i can never even spin the night at someones house unless i leave after 10pm or come home before 10pm then go back.

during school i would wake up at 7 and shower/wash face, then at 10pm i would wash again. during the summer i do it at 10 and 10. no exception ever. im really strict and i can never go on a trip or to someones house for the night. i missed proj graduation which gave away hundreds of dollars worth of stuff and tvs/computers

its a weird thing. i KNOW it wont hurt for one time but i feel my skin all oily the next day if i dont follow my steps. i also have a hyperhidrosis problem were i sweat a lot *now that im clear* and i never go anywhere unless i can change shirts/wash armpits/ first. i dont go anywhere with friends unless i do this, i will sweat but im usualy home by the time it gets really bad.

talk about REALLY crappy luck. im never gonna get out of this house

You can successfullt use BP only at evening. It's enough to have great improvement and less sun irritation. You can use Erythromicyn (softer but less efficient) at morning. Use moisturizer at evening.

And don't foregt to use non-comedogenic sunblock.

I wish you good vacations.

Stick to the regimen as closely as possible. Just make sure to use sun block on acne prone areas. Any of the moisturizers I recommend contain spf 15, so that's a good first line of defense. If you're going to be really sunning a lot, go ahead and use a separate sun block over the bp/mositurizer, but wait a while before applying it. Also, make absolutely sure that whatever sun block you get is oil-free and specifically states on the bottle that it is "non-comedogenic".

Have fun! I went to Greece on vacation once too and ended up in Crete. It was interesting.

-Dan