Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, the last pill will be taken tonight. I've been taking it since September and its been great. I've gone from moderate acne to perfect (95%) skin. In the past couple months it hasn't work like it has before. However, recently I changed my diet, stopped drinking, eating healthly, etc, and for the past month it has been great. The derm would give me another round of Mino if I went in, but I want to test the skin without the Mino. The new regimen will be BP 10% in the morning, Metrogel and Differin before bed; plus I've been taking Grapefruit seed extract once a day. I want to try life without Mino for a few weeks and see the results. I'm 24 now, I hope the worst is behind me; wish me luck.

Anybody care to share their results post-Mino?

Well, the last pill will be taken tonight.  I've been taking it since September and its been great.  I've gone from moderate acne to perfect (95%) skin.  In the past couple months it hasn't work like it has before.  However, recently I changed my diet, stopped drinking, eating healthly, etc, and for the past month it has been great.  The derm would give me another round of Mino if I went in, but I want to test the skin without the Mino.  The new regimen will be BP 10% in the morning, Metrogel and Differin before bed; plus I've been taking Grapefruit seed extract once a day.  I want to try life without Mino for a few weeks and see the results.  I'm 24 now, I hope the worst is behind me; wish me luck.

Anybody care to share their results post-Mino?

My daughter was just prescribed mino today. She has been on doxocyclin. Were you ever on that? She will be taking 100 x2 per day. What were you on?

She also does benzaclin in the am and retin a micro in the pm. She was also just prescribed a prescription face wash. It starts with an "R".

Goodness, I hope this works. The doxocyclin was working to some extent. The breakouts were clearing much faster than before, but as for a clear face or back, she hasn't seen that in a long time.

My daughter was just prescribed mino today.  She has been on doxocyclin.  Were you ever on that?  She will be taking 100 x2 per day.  What were you on?

I was on 100mg of Mino a day. I had no initial breakouts, per say. Mino worked straight away, by October I was clear. In Feb I started to notice breakouts happening. Since I've changed my diet and quit drinking its been perfect again, however.

My prinicpal concern is that my face will go back to its previous horrid zit fulled self now that I've stopped Mino. I was wondering how long it took others for their acne to come back, or if anybody has quit Mino and stayed clear enough to keep off pills.

needtoknowparent, I hope Mino will work for your daughter.