Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polka

please rate my scars

It's an average view of the members here i reckon.i have 10 icepicks on my forehead, left side has a few indents.. my chin has one indent.. My recht side has 20 little icepicks rollingscars and indents. Luckily not to big in size..

u should try some tca peels to get a better complexion and look into tca-cross and subcision/ permanent fillers..

Im still thinking what to do, but maybe I won't do shit about them and just live my life. So many guys don't have good skin, bumps, indents and all sorts of crap. Don't worry too much.. smile.gif

People ain't gonna count your icepicks and see how worse it is in different lights at a distance of a few cm's away from the mirror..

Btw to answer your question, it will heal a bit. But without treatment it Will not go away entirely. I'm sorry. Indents can improve quiet a bit (with collagen boosts) but icepicks are really hard to improve without treatments.

hey buddy!

yup similar scaring as mine, especially the temples.

uhh, i dont know what to say but im pretty sure we're both stuck with these scares for good, if we dont treat them at least.

my mom has more scaring than you seem to have and shes had them since she was 17! and shes 55 now.

she thought she would never soften out her face but recently, now thats shes older, she has saved enough money to have slight laser things done and i tell ya, she does look better! but of corse not 100%....and she looks alot better in certains lighting more than she did before but sometimes unchanged in other lighting.

i cant really tell if you have any current acne but you seem to just mostly have scaring to deal with, which is nice to say. more than i can say about myself atleast.

i heard taking zinc can help smooth out scars a bit but im not too sure, ill have to do more research but its a suggestion!

hang in there man, just remember you are a wonderful person only good things can come of that, you just gonna have to look past your imperfections and move. sounds a bit harsh but its the truth. just remember we have similar scaring so you are not alone, ok?

alright, take care.

Indents can improve quiet a bit (with collagen boosts) but icepicks are really hard to improve without treatments.

Hey Polkadots,

Sorry I've had way too much coffee and should be in bed but I'm on a roll. Your scarring (which is not that bad!) is a lot like the kinds of scars I had on my temples. I'm like you - I blurred/blocked out my face cause I didn't want people to see me! Acne and scarring has always been a sensitive issue for me. I still have some scarring but it's improved a lot with a combination of ultrasonic treatment plus microdermabrasion, and you can get the equipment for about $450 (and even sell it on eBay when you're done!). I know you said you dont want to spend money right now but I just wanted to tell you about it for future reference. I'm not sure how long I'll have my website up but at least you can find out about it and if you're interested in the future maybe you could research ultrasonic treatment and try it.

The treatments normally cost about $2000 from my aesthetician, and I am glad I had this instead of laser resurfacing. If you want to see my post with more information, it's a few after your post, as Great Treatment for Acne Scars. Actually I'm so jacked up on coffee I've done more than my share of posts tonight and need to get my butt in bed : 0

The woman who did the inital treatments on me had all kinds of patients with acne scarring who raved about her treatments but a lot of people haven't heard about it yet. I've got one more treatment to go and will post pics on my website when it's all done.

I bet your picture looks great underneath the "blacked out" parts : )

thanks for the replies people!!

I am young(ish) right now so surgery isn't an option, though when i am earning i will save up!

I'm gonna try and win the lottery though, wish me luck.

so people in the scar forums say my scarring is not bad yet the people in the emo forum say my scarring is pretty gross.

i think people here are trying to be nice. in the emo forum i asked for honest replies and people basically said i look bad.

bye

so people in the scar forums say my scarring is not bad yet the people in the emo forum say my scarring is pretty gross.

i think people here are trying to be nice. in the emo forum i asked for honest replies and people basically said i look bad.

bye

Hey Polka,

I think the appearance of your scarring is affected by of the redness and remaining active acne there at the moment - once the inflammation has subsided I think the scarring will look much better.

Also, bear in mind that your picture has been taken in lighting where the scarring is most accentuated. This isn't how people see you for the vast majority of the time.

Having said this, though, I certainly don't think your scarring is 'hideous'. You do obviously have scarring, but it is no worse than mine, and probably no worse than a lot of the members here. I'm sure it would respond well to treatments.

Have you looked into getting treatment with Dr Chu in London? He performs TCA CROSS, subcision and N-lite on the NHS for free. I'm not sure if this covers you in Ireland, but you should definitely look into it.

Alternatively, if you pay for CROSS, subcision or needling, they are only around £150/session. I realise this is still quite a lot, but I think it's affordable...

Good luck and try to stay positive,

Paul.

You know why they say that, because there ia slot uneven colors. Also the light is the worst u can have.

Hi all, sorry to bring this thread up again, but I wanted to know if there is anything worth buying to improve my scars? I'm not talking £2000 operations either, I mean more affordable treatments?

Thanks all!

Bro, take care of your active acne, clear up your face/get rid of your redness and your face will look fine. who cares if you have some scars. You can def improve the way your scars look but try clearing up your face before you worry about your scars...

I ran into the same problem, I cleared up my skin maybe 80 percent with the regimen, then I started treating my scarring so I broke out again got new redmarks/scars so now I am not treating scarring at all and just focusing on clearing my face up..

Although if your scars are new you really really should use some kind of retinoid like tazorac. im using tazorac and for new scars you would be dumb not to use some type of retinoid, I can pretty much gaurantee you that if you consistenly use retinoid on new scars they will either go away or be verry much faded and hardly noticeable.