Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

Mineral Makeup/Over Counter Makeup?

What are some good brands that are waterproof from both Mineral Make up and Over Counter makeup, normal brands. I NEED WATER PROOF FOUNDATIONS AND CONCEALERS AND POWDERS. Thanks.

Also, what is the positive and negative for mineral makeup and over counter makeup?

Most mineral make-ups are very water & sweat resistent! If they get wet, you just need to blot with a tissue and the water/sweat comes off and the make-up stays! I went jet boating over the weekend and I got soaking wet (not to mention I was outside for about 7hrs in 90+ degree heat/sunshine) and my make-up stayed on all day!!

The main difference between mineral make-up and drugstore make-up is the presence of chemicals, oils, irritants, & preservatives. Drugstore make-up is loaded with chemicals & preservatives, most of which are acnegenic/comedogenic -even if they say they are not! Most brands of MMU are good for you, soothing/healing for acne, longlasting, water resistant, contain a natural SPF of around 10-25, and only a tiny pinch is needed for your entire face so it lasts longer.

Unfortunately, drugstore brands are more easily available and usually cheaper.

An unfortunate trend in the MMU industry is some companies are adding preservatives & unnecessary irritants to their make-up, so you really should become a label reader and know what the ingredients are. I always recommend avoiding Bismuth Oxychloride, Talc, Cornstarch, Parabens, and anything you cannot pronounce! If you have oily/acne prone skin I also highly recommend a foundation with Zinc Oxide listed as the first ingredient and no Mica or Sericite (unless only Sericite is the last or 2nd to last ingredient-both of these produce a wet/shiny look).

This is why I have been making/wearing my own make-up.

What mineral make up brands are best? Do I get a foundation, concealer, and powder that are all mineral or what?

EDIT : CAN YOU GET THEM FROM PHARMACYS/GROCERY STORE DRUGSTORES OR AT PLACES LIKE THE BAY AND MAKE UP STORES? thanks.

Most mineral make-ups are very water & sweat resistent! If they get wet, you just need to blot with a tissue and the water/sweat comes off and the make-up stays! I went jet boating over the weekend and I got soaking wet (not to mention I was outside for about 7hrs in 90+ degree heat/sunshine) and my make-up stayed on all day!!

The main difference between mineral make-up and drugstore make-up is the presence of chemicals, oils, irritants, & preservatives. Drugstore make-up is loaded with chemicals & preservatives, most of which are acnegenic/comedogenic -even if they say they are not! Most brands of MMU are good for you, soothing/healing for acne, longlasting, water resistant, contain a natural SPF of around 10-25, and only a tiny pinch is needed for your entire face so it lasts longer.

Unfortunately, drugstore brands are more easily available and usually cheaper.

An unfortunate trend in the MMU industry is some companies are adding preservatives & unnecessary irritants to their make-up, so you really should become a label reader and know what the ingredients are. I always recommend avoiding Bismuth Oxychloride, Talc, Cornstarch, Parabens, and anything you cannot pronounce! If you have oily/acne prone skin I also highly recommend a foundation with Zinc Oxide listed as the first ingredient and no Mica or Sericite (unless only Sericite is the last or 2nd to last ingredient-both of these produce a wet/shiny look).

This is why I have been making/wearing my own make-up and will be selling it commercially soon. Not enough companies are willing to make a make-up especially for acne/oily prone skin that is good for you and promotes healing. In my opinion, the best mineral foundation currently available is the Foundation Extraordinary from www.raesinimages.com

A great mineral makeup is Alpha Skin Cares foundation. I can literally sweat all day (8-10 hrs.) in 90+ degree weather and it won't come off. With this makeup you won't need any concealer or setting powder. And you can order samples for 2.00 dollars a piece and if you order 10 dollars worth of samples you get free shipping. Hope this helped.

Alpha Skin Care

I really appreciate your posting this link; I had never even heard of mineral makeup until I joined this board a couple weeks back and am quite intrigued buy it...is it designed specifically for people with acne, or do other people use it too for some reason? Is it meant just not to clog pores, or to give grat coverage, or what? And my most pressing question:  if you order online, how ever are you to know what shade to get??? Do they let you exchange until you get the right one??? Thank you.  smile.gif

I really appreciate your posting this link; I had never even heard of mineral makeup until I joined this board a couple weeks back and am quite intrigued buy it...is it designed specifically for people with acne, or do other people use it too for some reason? Is it meant just not to clog pores, or to give grat coverage, or what? And my most pressing question:  if you order online, how ever are you to know what shade to get??? Do they let you exchange until you get the right one??? Thank you.  smile.gif

She has a formula specific for acne, I believe it is called Transform, I have tried it but like her Foundation Extraordinary better-not sure why but it applies and looks better, very natural. Both of these formulas have a higher concentration of Zinc Oxide. She does sell 20 samples for $10 on her website, or you can get them cheaper on Ebay (her seller ID is barrelracer82, or you can just search Raesin Images) for about $8.75 to try before you buy. She will only accept returns of still sealed products, so I highly recommend getting samples first, that way you can try different formulas & colors!

There are plenty of mineral make-up companies out there and more pop up every day, so be sure to read labels no matter what brand you decide on. There is no reason to pay more than $15 for foundation, if you do, you are getting ripped off!

Mineral make-up is used because it is better for your skin (whether it be dry or oily), it provides a natural SPF of 10-25, it covers well, looks airbrushed if applied right (with a light hand), is water resistant, a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time, has a long shelf life, travels well, can be applied many ways, and it is a dry loose powder (but applies with a creamy texture and looks like a liquid once applied), so it does not need a preservative. If you avoid the ingredients mentioned above it will not clog your pores, look oily, or break you out.

Samples are definitely the way to go. As with most things, different people prefer different brands. I tried the Alpha skincare and didn't like their foundation, but I do LOVE their blush, so I use that. Some other popular brands around here are Jlynnecosmetics.com and corycosmetics.com... and maybe soon, Veggie girl's brand. Corycosmetics samples are only 35 cents each, but beware her colors run VERY light. Order some darker than you think you need.

Samples are definitely the way to go.  As with most things, different people prefer different brands.  I tried the Alpha skincare and didn't like their foundation, but I do LOVE their blush, so I use that.  Some other popular brands around here are Jlynnecosmetics.com and corycosmetics.com... and maybe soon, Veggie girl's brand.  Corycosmetics samples are only 35 cents each, but beware her colors run VERY light.  Order some darker than you think you need.