Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nerd

make up looks caked on

I use lancome photogenic foundation and everyday minerals powder and usually it goes on great and my skin looks beautiful. but, lately for some reason it looks really cakey, even when I try to use a very small amount. My skin is pretty clear right now, but I still have red marks, which are a bitch to cover up, but usually I can do it. does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my makeup to go on smooth and not look cakey?

Usually if your make-up looks cakey it is because one of two things. Either you are applying to much or your skin is to dry.

I would recommend exfoliating before application, apply a generous amount of moisturizer, and then apply (for mineral make-up) only a small pinch-you can always add layers if you need more coverage. Apply any concealer after foundation application (I recommend one shade lighter than your foundation) and blend in.

Hope that helps! smile.gif

mine also looks caked on when i apply it straight after washing and moisturising. I was playing with my make up late at night once when my skin was quite oily and it went on like a dream.

So i've ordered some jojoba oil - which acts like sebum whilst at the same time being moisturising and purging. I think this should work - apply a small layer of JJB oil then put make up on whilst oil is still sitting on skin. Then using a paper towel or kitchen roll or something, blot the excess oil off - leaving a matt make up finish that isn't caked.

Also use JJB oil at night to reduce flakes and dryness while you sleep.

I'll tell you ow i get on with this idea when i receive my JJB oil

Jojoba oil works really well for me. I don't use it in the morning, but I slather it on at night and by morning it is all absorbed and my skin is moisturized and soft. I don't wash my face in the morning, I just splash it with water and pat it dry before I apply my makeup.