Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zub

ISOLAGEN HELP

Hi, im from Sydney Australia and wanted to know if someone could give me any information on isolagen. I dont think they do isolagen in Australia do they????

I am willing to go oversea's but i dont know here or who to contact- how long it takes once i have booked.

Im 25 and only have mild scarring but it shits me so much, and i am sick of smashing mirrors.

please help

im new to this - so if anyone has and info can u please email it to me? thanks

[email protected]

Hi,

If you want to come and have it done in the UK, you're probably best contacting Dr Chu, at Hammersmith Hospital, London.

The phone number's: 020 8383 3264. Ideally, you'll need to speak to Jean smile.gif

Hope that's of some help,

Kolobos

hi, thatnks for your help mate

are u from the uk?

Im hoping that some how i could send the (biopsy) there and just come for 8 weeks to get the set of 5 injections. Cuz i really cant leave my job for 12-16weeks

i wonder if they do that?

the other thing is if i did want to do it how soon do you think i could?

thanks again

Hi,

If you want to come and have it done in the UK, you're probably best contacting Dr Chu, at Hammersmith Hospital, London.

The phone number's: 020 8383 3264. Ideally, you'll need to speak to Jean smile.gif

Hope that's of some help,

Kolobos

Hi again,

Sorry, but I really have no idea if it would be possible for you to send the biopsy to the UK. Of course, there's no harm in asking smile.gif My advice, would be to phone up Jean (on the number I gave), and ask her a couple of these things - because again, I really don't know how long you'd have to wait to get an appointment.

What I can say, is that they no longer do 5 sets of 1 vial injections. The standard package, now, is 2 sets of 2 vials injections. Personally, I'm having 2 sets of 3 vials...but that costs quite a lot extra. Isolagen have basically now decided that it's less traumatic to the skin to do injections in pairs...though I suppose there's nothing to stop you having further injections a year or so later. Though that really would be expensive eusa_doh.gif

~ Kolobos

HEY- THANKS AGAIN for replying so quick.

so how does the procedure work-

you have an appointment - followed buy the biopsy- then a 6-8 week wait till you get ur fist set of injections? then a few weeks to your second set?

so you can have it done in to sets now rather then 5 ?? that sounds good

are you from Australia too?

ohhh and what is Subcision ????

thanks- and sorry to ask so many Questions im just a desperate man

Zub

Hi again,

Sorry, but I really have no idea if it would be possible for you to send the biopsy to the UK. Of course, there's no harm in asking smile.gif My advice, would be to phone up Jean (on the number I gave), and ask her a couple of these things - because again, I really don't know how long you'd have to wait to get an appointment.

What I can say, is that they no longer do 5 sets of 1 vial injections. The standard package, now, is 2 sets of 2 vials injections. Personally, I'm having 2 sets of 3 vials...but that costs quite a lot extra. Isolagen have basically now decided that it's less traumatic to the skin to do injections in pairs...though I suppose there's nothing to stop you having further injections a year or so later. Though that really would be expensive eusa_doh.gif

~ Kolobos

you have an appointment - followed buy the biopsy- then a 6-8 week wait till you get ur fist set of injections? then a few weeks to your second set?

Zub

Pete:

How are the injections of Aquamid holding up? There are a few doctors in the US that will use Bioalcamid or Aquamid and so far people are getting good results but there are a few cases of over correction and it is not so easy to squeeze out in case you need to correct for that.

Hi, im from Sydney Australia and wanted to know if someone could give me any information on isolagen. I dont think they do isolagen in Australia do they????

I am willing to go oversea's but i dont know here or who to contact- how long it takes once i have booked.

Im 25 and only have mild scarring but it shits me so much, and i am sick of smashing mirrors.

please help

im new to this - so if anyone has and info can u please email it to me? thanks

[email protected]

Its not available in Oz anymore. Look at Oz Cosmetic Physicians Society link I posted in FAQ for list of Drs and alternative dermal fillers.

HI, just me again

Just a quick question- when you 1st rand that Dr Chu how long did it take to get an appointment then how long from then till you got the biospy done?

i will be ringing them soon

p.s how are your results going?

Zub

No problem smile.gif

Yeah, you'll need an initial appointment; then the bisopy; then probably more like 8-11 weeks (depending on how many vials you want) until your first set of injections; and then a month until your second set.

I think I answered most of your other questions in my Isolagen thread, further down the page smile.gif

And don't worry about asking lots of questions - I was in exactly the same boat several months back smile.gif

~ Kolobos

Roughly, I think I had to wait about 3 weeks for an appointment. Then, about another month for the biopsy.

In terms of results, it's pretty hard to say right now, because I'm still all bruised up from Subcision. I've definitely had some improvement already, but it's still very early days...

~ Kolobos

Hi, Just thought I'd give my feedback on isolagen and subcision which I'm having with Dr Chu for mild scarring at the moment. I had my first isolagen injections a week ago and despite some pain with the injections (the cream anaesthetic works for some people but I could definitely still feel every injection!) they were over quickly and though I looked horrendous straight after the redness went down within an hour and by the end of the next day there was barely any marks left.

Today I had subcision which (ugh) though no pain as I was given local anaesthetic by injection felt quite scary and I was convinced that my skin was just being sliced off. I am now bruised and swollen especially on one side and my face is also getting sore and achy as well so it's not much fun but I'm hoping it will be worth it. I don't think I could go through all this again whatever, it was a big decision to go for it as my scarring, though it depressed me, was relatively mild. But I decided I would give it a go with the best treatments on offer and this is what after my research I thought was the best.

I'll update on how this turns out...

Bulbul

Hi again,

Sorry, but I really have no idea if it would be possible for you to send the biopsy to the UK. Of course, there's no harm in asking :) My advice, would be to phone up Jean (on the number I gave), and ask her a couple of these things - because again, I really don't know how long you'd have to wait to get an appointment.

What I can say, is that they no longer do 5 sets of 1 vial injections. The standard package, now, is 2 sets of 2 vials injections. Personally, I'm having 2 sets of 3 vials...but that costs quite a lot extra. Isolagen have basically now decided that it's less traumatic to the skin to do injections in pairs...though I suppose there's nothing to stop you having further injections a year or so later. Though that really would be expensive :doh:

~ Kolobos

hi, long time no talk- how is all your isolagen going? any results mate????

why the F dont we have this in the US

i want it now

It is in the states mate

Isolagen.com.us i think it is

or just go to isolagen.com and at the bottom of the screen press the US flag

good luck man

Hey man- i just wanted to c how you are going after your isolagen and subsision.?

p.s where are you from

and what is subsision?

Im in australia and thinking of going to the UK for isolagen. Like u it is mild but shits me every second every day.

later mate

hope all is going good

Zub

Hi, Just thought I'd give my feedback on isolagen and subcision which I'm having with Dr Chu for mild scarring at the moment. I had my first isolagen injections a week ago and despite some pain with the injections (the cream anaesthetic works for some people but I could definitely still feel every injection!) they were over quickly and though I looked horrendous straight after the redness went down within an hour and by the end of the next day there was barely any marks left.

Today I had subcision which (ugh) though no pain as I was given local anaesthetic by injection felt quite scary and I was convinced that my skin was just being sliced off. I am now bruised and swollen especially on one side and my face is also getting sore and achy as well so it's not much fun but I'm hoping it will be worth it. I don't think I could go through all this again whatever, it was a big decision to go for it as my scarring, though it depressed me, was relatively mild. But I decided I would give it a go with the best treatments on offer and this is what after my research I thought was the best.

I'll update on how this turns out...

Bulbul