Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aquablue99

Punch Floats Only

This is to everyone who had this procedure done. It seems like no one has ever

had any negative thing to say about this, unlike other procedures such as dermabrasions.

--What was the downtime?

--I heard that it left a ring (which is sometimes raised) around the old scar, does this ever go away?

--How much improvement did you see?

Anything that you could offer will help. Thanks!!

This is to everyone who had this procedure done. It seems like no one has ever

had any negative thing to say about this, unlike other procedures such as dermabrasions.

--What was the downtime?

* about 5-6 days after the procedure, the strips started falling off. 7-10 days the scabs fell off.

--I heard that it left a ring (which is sometimes raised) around the old scar, does this ever go away?

* yeah it can happen. that's why a resurfacing or peels are usually needed after. in my case, only two scars had the circular outline and it doesn't really bother me.

* depends on the scar, so far i've had marked improvement on few (ie completely leveled to my surrounding skin).

Anything that you could offer will help. Thanks!!

* I would look up some of the previous threads on floats. It's a relatively simple procedure, but there is some information in them that you might find helpful.

This is to everyone who had this procedure done.  It seems like no one has ever

--What was the downtime?

* about 5-6 days after the procedure, the strips started falling off.  7-10 days the scabs fell off.

* yeah it can happen. that's why a resurfacing or peels are usually needed after.  in my case, only two scars had the circular outline and it doesn't really bother me.

* depends on the scar, so far i've had marked improvement on few (ie completely leveled to my surrounding skin).

Anything that you could offer will help.  Thanks!!

* I would look up some of the previous threads on floats.  It's a relatively simple procedure, but there is some information in them that you might find helpful.

Here is a link to my punch float experience. All of my pictures can now be found in the progress pic link in my signature. I was very happy with the float/derm outcome. I also had good outcomes with punch grafting in the past.