Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
markkorean

Question concerning lifting weight.

My daily routine is get up around 10 o 'clock in the morning and wash my face with St. Ive's cream thingy. Then I eat my breakfast. Around 12 o' clock I go to lift weight for about an hour, and yes I sweat like a pig. I come home and take a shower, once again washing my face with St. Ive. Then, I don't touch my face until before I go to bed which is around 1 o' clock in the morning. If I am to use this regimen, what should I do after lifting weight????

Thanks.

Mark.

p.s. By the way, I am 18 years old and have "moderate" acne.

If I am to use this regimen, what should I do after lifting weight????

By this regimen I assume you mean Dan's? If so, take a shower when you get home, and wash your face in the shower with gentle, unscented soap, like Dove. Pat dry your face, and let it air dry for about 15 minutes. Then apply the BP and moisturizer and all that stuff (using small amounts as explained on the site if you are just starting out).

Basically, wash up, then put it on. I work out every day, and when I get back from the gym I hop straight into the shower, and do everything I just detailed.

Edit: Also, consider using a sweat towell to GENTLY pat sweat off your face (so that it can't do anything to your skin in the first place).

Edit: Also, consider using a sweat towell to GENTLY pat sweat off your face (so that it can't do anything to your skin in the first place).

Agreed. I would gently PAT the sweat off of your face.

To avoid over-washing, my advice is to skip the washing your face when you first get up. Go to lift weights, come home, shower, wash your face, do the regimen. Since you go to bed around 1, that should put the two times you cleanse about 12 hours apart, which should work pretty well.

^ I wouldn't recommend that at all.

Definitely wash your face when you get up and if your skin is dry, moisturize. Then go workout. Come home, shower, do your regimen.

^ I wouldn't recommend that at all.

You wouldn't? I was recommending using the towell only to get sweat off your face when you work out, and then taking a shower when you get home.

It's better than letting it sit there or whiping it on your shirt, which is probably more unsanitary, wouldn't you agree?

thanks guys for all ur help.

also, in one of the threads, i read about something like topic vitamin A that helps decrease the oil productivity. what is that all about? i have a bad case of oil. i'd wash my face and within an hour, my face is "shining" due to excessive oil on my face. is there anything i can do about that?

thanks guys for all ur help.

also, in one of the threads, i read about something like topic vitamin A that helps decrease the oil productivity. what is that all about? i have a bad case of oil. i'd wash my face and within an hour, my face is "shining" due to excessive oil on my face. is there anything i can do about that?

Accutane and B5 are the only real things I can think off of the top of my head that will reduce oil production... Since I doubt you want to go on 'tane, I'd take a look at pantothenic acid (b5).