Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
farmgirl

Foundation and Powder

Hi everyone, biggrin.gif

I was just wondering if I could get some recommendations of a good foundation or powder.

Any brands I should stay away from?

Kind regards,

Brea cool.gif

I have combination skin. My cheeks are just normal but my T-Zone is oily.

I'm not really sure what colour my skin tone is. eusa_think.gif

But I guess it's kinda pinky colour.

Thanks Pink Lilies. You've helped me heaps. biggrin.gif

I'll be off to find myself one of your recommendations!

Tiramisu, it's true that you get what you pay for. Like, I think it's safe to say that a foundation from Go-Lo isn't gonna do anything except make your face look orange. cool.gif

Also, I might try your facial steam idea. Sounds good and effective for getting rid of those pesky blackheads and evil little zits. biggrin.gif

Many thanks,

Brea

argh, I find studio fix so annoying. It gives an amazing finish, but I am twice as oily, twice as fast!!!! And this is supposed to be their foundation for oily skin!

argh, I find studio fix so annoying. It gives an amazing finish, but I am twice as oily, twice as fast!!!! And this is supposed to be their foundation for oily skin!

really?!?!?!? I've never found that to be a problem eusa_think.gif

It also has mineral oil in, which breaks me out, so I couldn't use it anymore. I did notice that I was starting to break out, which was really annoying - considering the finish was so excellent, and the application so easy with a brush!

I think it might be that, now I use foundation and powder afterwards - therefore the oil has more stuff to get through! Although now I only have red marks and no actual spots, so I am not needing to put so much on.

It also has mineral oil in, which breaks me out, so I couldn't use it anymore. I did notice that I was starting to break out, which was really annoying - considering the finish was so excellent, and the application so easy with a brush!

Guest fatallyours

I have combination skin also, oily t-zone, dry mostly everywhere else.

Two great foundations I've found are Smashbox's Studio Seamless and Chanel's Vitalumiere. Chanel covers up a lot, it's full coverage, great with powder overtop to set (blot powder is just fine - I use MAC, or loose powder, also MAC, so it doesn't look cake-y). The Smashbox one is about medium coverage but wears beautifully, I wear MAC's Studio Fix overtop (very lightly), the two wear well together.

best concealer I've found is Fresh's Absolute concealer, from Sephora. Fresh has a great powder as well called Face Lustre, it doesn't provide much coverage but gives skin a soft glow without looking shiny.

** it's important to find a good moisturizer to wear with your make-up. it's pretty much trial and error, some don't work well with make-up, some do, but it can make a huge difference in how your makeup looks, covers and stays on your face.

** it's important to find a good moisturizer to wear with your make-up. it's pretty much trial and error, some don't work well with make-up, some do, but it can make a huge difference in how your makeup looks, covers and stays on your face.