Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pipowte

Hoping for a miracle.

Right now everything it’s really depressing, I am 21 years old and I’ve been suffering from severe acne since the age of 14.

I have tried every possible cure known to man, including the regimen which caused eczema on my face so my derm told me to stop the regimen.

It doesn’t feel like I will ever have a normal face, and sometimes I actually feel like ending it all.

4 weeks ago I met a girl who seemed interested in me but she ended up with a friend of mine with flawless skin.

Later I found out that the girl had been telling her friends that she would have considered dating me if I didn’t look like a pizza.

On the 5th of June I have an appointment to see a leading expert on facial problems (have waited for this for about 9 months)

I’m putting all my hope on him, If it doesn’t help I don’t think it’s worth trying no more.

I know that some of you recognize the problems, and I also want to tell you that the message-board have been a great support but I don’t think I can take it no more.

I’ll se you guys when I see you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you're close to tears remember, someday it will all be over.

I really feel for you. Sometimes no amount of advice can help. I've been near suicidal a few times. The way I'm looking at things is that you don't know what new treatment is around the corner that could be perfect for you. I'm prepared to spend large amounts of money on new treatments and keep making plans for treamtent because I figure the alternative of just accepting my situation would spell doom for me.

I pray this expert you are seeing can help you, but if not there are many other leading experts you should at least see before doing anything drastic.

my thoughts are with you

I really hope this doctor works out for you. I have mild to moderate acne, and even this depresses me alot. I don't do the things I used to when my skin was clear. I hate waking up in the morning to see if I have another pimple. I get confused on if I'm using the right products or not. It is very frustrating, and its all I think about...never thought it would get to this point but it has. I try to stay optimistic, but its hard.

Essentialy acne and healing scars is all about time for most people. No matter what treament your on, it takes time and patience. I think the first hard part is finding the treatment that works for you, then the harder part is giving it time to work. Until the docs come up with a miracle treatment that works really fast, all the shit we go through is what we have to deal with. Good luck with you all!