Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisnameplz

Just about to start...

I just purchased Dan's BP gel and I'm about to start the Clear Skin Regimen biggrin.gif .

Anyways, I have a question for the people who have already done the Regimen or are past BP users. My experience with BP (and other topical products) is that the next morning, after applying the product, I will wake up and my skin is looking a lot better. But as soon as I exfoliate, because my skin is rather sensitive and dry (excluding my nose and forehead), my skin looks like it did before, crappy.

So, I was wondering, do I just let my dead skin lamp (stay) on my face, and my acne will eventually get better? Or is it all just a facade? Is it the dead skin fooling me into thinking my acne has gotten better? Now, I know I might sound dumb, but you have to understand where I am coming from. I was formerly on Benzamycin but stopped because it severly dried my skin out, even with a moisturizer. Anyways, I think it was the day after I quit using Benzamycin, I was like, alright, I'm going to get rid of all this dead skin on my face. So I first exfoliated my neck because that was my main dead skin area, only to reveal small little pimple bumps on my neck that I had not seen before, eusa_doh.gif.

Has anyone else had this problem?

hey..i havent tried dans regimen..but i can help u with the bp t hing. Maybe u should not use a scrub. Just use a gentle cleanser for now and then see how it turns out

So I'm on my second day.

No active pimples popped up and the one's that looked like they would get whiteheads that were there before seemed to have died down, and my forehead looks better.

I'm not drying out that much, but it is much harder to apply the moisturizer because it's hard to rub on with the BP there. And speaking of the BP, I feel like I'm using too much. Is it one finger for like, my forehead lets say, and another finger for one cheek, or what? I'm confused...Hoping this works...just don't wanna run outta BP too soon...

Whoa...slow er down man! You should only be using a full finger of dans bp gel when you are well into the regimen, like 3 or 4 weeks. Right now you should be slowly ramping up and because you just started no more than half a finger. If you continue like that youl peel and turn red really badly.

Haha, sorry sorry. I've been using BP for awhile, like the stuff I was just using had 5% BP in it so my skin is used to BP and doesn't dry out and I thought Dan said that if your skin was used to it you could do that?

Haha, sorry, didnt know, but if your skin can take it go for it, however I think the standard is one full finger of dans bp gel for your face, but if your face can take more with no irretation I think you should be fine.

Yeah, that's what I wasn't sure about, if it was 1 finger for your whole entire face, cuz there seems to be problem areas on my whole entire face, or what? Cuz in the video Dan used like, half a finger of BP or so just for above his lip and his chin area so I wasn't sure...

So I'm on my 6th day and things are looking better, and I'm using just one whole finger for my whole face. But I added another thing to the equation, I'm using Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Astringent. That seems to help with getting rid of the small bumps on my face and red marks.

My face isn't experiencing any new breakouts really, mabye a small new guy here and there, and the other ones are coming to a head.

Hope this all works.

So I'm on my...11th day, and this is kinda annoying.

The redness has definitely gone down, and some of the small bumps, and my forehead is looking a lot better, but I still feeling like the dead skin is just covering up the acne. The reason being is that I guess some dead skin got rubbed away, I can't remember how...I know that sounds sketchy, but my face looked worse, and like, sometimes my face is redder than other times. I dunno, kinda frustrating, but I will say, the regimen that I am following is making things better smile.gif .

Morning/Night

Wash face with Basic soap Bar

Apply Neutrogena Blackhead Elminating Astringent

Apply Dan's BP (full finger)

Apply Cetaphil Moisturizer