Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zitfree

Zeno ... NEW MEDICAL DEVICE

Press Release Source: Charles E. Crutchfield III, MD

New Zeno 'Zit Zapper': First Home Acne Treatment Device Receives FDA Approval

Friday June 3, 10:02 am ET

EAGAN, Minn., June 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Zeno is a handheld, portable electronic medical device that is clinically proven to make pimples disappear fast. In an FDA-reviewed, controlled clinical trial, 90% of blemishes treated with Zeno disappeared or faded within 24 hours.

"When it comes to treating blemishes, Zeno is the most scientifically advanced and effective device available without a prescription," commented Charles E. Crutchfield III, MD, Board Certified Dermatologist and Associate Professor of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota Medical School. He is also Medical Director of Crutchfield Dermatology in Eagan, MN and a nationally recognized expert in the treatment of acne.

Zeno is a clinically proven handheld (rechargeable) medical device. It is not a medication or a laser. It uses a medical heat dose treatment on individual acne blemishes in people with mild to moderate acne. It is best- suited to treat newly emerging blemishes - the ones where you can just feel a new bump forming under the skin. Zeno delivers a precisely controlled dose of heat to the area for 2-1/2 minutes. Dr. Crutchfield recommends treating blemishes 2-4 times, at least one hour apart, over the first 4-12 hours of a blemish's appearance. It works by destroying bacteria and shortening the pimple's life cycle significantly. Crutchfield also believes that it also increases blood flow in the area of the blemish and promotes quicker healing.

"People are absolutely amazed when they first use Zeno. For the first time, they can take control of their skin and treat pimples the same day they appear, without the risk of drug-related side effects. It is particularly effective and convenient for students away at college, image-conscious high school students, women who tend to have monthly acne flare-ups and for those aggravating last-minute pimples that seem to pop up while traveling or on vacation," said Crutchfield.

Zeno does not replace normal skin care programs and is completely compatible with other acne treatment programs, both prescription and over-the- counter. 90% of patients involved in an FDA reviewed clinical trial found that pimples caught early and treated with Zeno faded or disappeared within just 24 hours.

official website : www.myzeno.com

HERES A VIDEO LINK: http://cf.nbc5i.com/dfw/sh/videoplayer/vid...02781&owner=dfw

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

I did not even open the link becaue it sounded like a commercial. You have way to much information (both quoted and statistical) to be a happy consumer. Also, what about your experience with this product. Maybe I am too skeptical, but I need to hear actual experiences from other members here before I will even consider ANOTHER product. I have already spent way too much money trying to find a cure (or some healing at best).

My first thought was that you must work for the company or at least have some sort of stock in it. Hopefully, I am wrong here. It would be great if you would actually tell us YOUR EXPERIENCE with this product. If I am wrong here; please add a reply and let me know.

I did not even open the link becaue it sounded like a commercial.  You have way to much information (both quoted and statistical) to be a happy consumer.  Also, what about your experience with this product.  Maybe I am too skeptical, but I need to hear actual experiences from other members here before I will even consider ANOTHER product.  I have already spent way too much money trying to find a cure (or some healing at best).

My first thought was that you must work for the company or at least have some sort of stock in it.  Hopefully, I am wrong here.  It would be great if you would actually tell us YOUR EXPERIENCE with this product.  If I am wrong here; please add a reply and let me know.

I did not even open the link becaue it sounded like a commercial.  You have way to much information (both quoted and statistical) to be a happy consumer.  Also, what about your experience with this product.  Maybe I am too skeptical, but I need to hear actual experiences from other members here before I will even consider ANOTHER product.  I have already spent way too much money trying to find a cure (or some healing at best).

My first thought was that you must work for the company or at least have some sort of stock in it.  Hopefully, I am wrong here.  It would be great if you would actually tell us YOUR EXPERIENCE with this product.  If I am wrong here; please add a reply and let me know.

i don't work for the company nor do i own the product.. i copy and paste this information i found on msnbc... i just wanted to see if n e body else heard about this new product.. i'm just sharin info.. so take it easy dude... smile.gif i'm just tryin to help and inform...

yea, i posted about this device a few days ago but I have not have many responses. it's prolly because zeno isn't really sold freely in stores yet. Also, it's like $225...really expensive.

yea, i posted about this device a few days ago but I have not have many responses.  it's prolly because zeno isn't really sold freely in stores yet.  Also, it's like $225...really expensive.

Julez- its alright... maybe i wasn't more specific.. anywayz.. i am clear but i get like 1 or 2 big pimples a month that really annoy me..

my regimen WAS ..

1. Wash with burt bee's tomato soap

2. Use Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Toner.

Twice a day..

and that was it..

recently it started to dry me up (i think its from the soap) and i started to dislike the smell of the toner...i also hated using moisurizers. but after a little research, i found the perfect moisturizer..

i been using NIVEA's Mens Face Care Daily Protective Lotion.. its oil free,has spf 15, and vitamin enriched...(goes great with benzoyl peroxide, doesn't bunch up and its SHINE FREE ALL DAY... i hate Eucerin, it makes ur face so greasy, shinny and oily feeling.. with nivea, i never had to dab my face with oil sheet pads or tissue paper cuz face never gets oily or shiny... ALL DAY!!

also when i was browsing around walgreens, next to the moisturizer was this new NIVEA's Face Wash for sensitive skin.. (no dye, color or fragrance) i have to say, out of all the face cleansers,face soaps,etc.. this is the BEST product i use to clean my face with.. doesn't dry my face out at all.. doesn't make it feel tight.. just nice clean feeling..

MY NEW REGIMEN:

1. Gently was with nivea face wash gel (sensitive)

2. Dab benzoyl peroxide on active acne (i have one or two)

3. wait to dry and apply nivea moisturizer all over face (takes a while to soak in

so keep rubbing it in til it disappears)

do this in the morning and night...

ALSO i use Queen Helens Grape Peel think twice a week to exfoliate

i have been doing this new regimen for two week now. and so far.. I LOVE the way my face looks and feel now.. no more new pimples and the annoying 1 or two pimples i get are gone...

also as for the Zeno Post,... i forgot to mention it was from an article i read,(sorry Julez) it was something that looks very interesting and i was just curious if n e body else read or heard about it.. thats all..

okay imma stop now.. seems like i have been babbling to long..

Julez- its alright... maybe i wasn't more specific.. anywayz.. i am clear but i get like 1 or 2 big pimples  a month that really annoy me..

my regimen WAS ..

1. Wash with burt bee's tomato soap

2. Use Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Toner.

Twice a day..

and that was it..

recently it started to dry me up (i think its from the soap) and i started to dislike the smell of the toner...i also hated using moisurizers. but after a little research, i found the perfect moisturizer..

i been using NIVEA's Mens  Face Care Daily Protective Lotion.. its oil free,has spf 15, and vitamin enriched...(goes great with benzoyl peroxide, doesn't bunch up and its SHINE FREE ALL DAY... i hate Eucerin, it makes ur face so greasy, shinny and oily feeling.. with nivea, i never had to dab my face with oil sheet pads or tissue paper cuz face never gets oily or shiny... ALL DAY!!

also when i was browsing around walgreens, next to the moisturizer was this new NIVEA's Face Wash for sensitive skin.. (no dye, color or fragrance) i have to say, out of all the face cleansers,face soaps,etc.. this is the BEST product i use to clean my face with.. doesn't dry my face out at all.. doesn't make it feel tight.. just nice clean feeling.. 

MY NEW REGIMEN:

1. Gently was with nivea face wash gel (sensitive)

2. Dab benzoyl peroxide on active acne (i have one or two)

3. wait to dry and apply nivea moisturizer all over face (takes a while to soak in

so keep rubbing it in til it disappears)

do this in the morning and night...

ALSO i use Queen Helens Grape Peel think twice a week to exfoliate

i have been doing this new regimen for two week now. and so far.. I LOVE the way my face looks and feel now.. no more new pimples and the annoying 1 or two pimples i get are gone...

also as for the Zeno Post,... i forgot to mention it was from an article i read,(sorry Julez) it was something that looks very interesting and i was just curious if n e body else read or heard about it.. thats all.. 

okay imma stop now.. seems like i have been babbling to long..

yea i am a guy... and my skin is very sensitive. The face wash has no scent. but the moisturizer on the other hand smells like guy stuff.. only for a quick second til it dries off.. other than that ur good to go.. i think you can wear makeup over it, i don't see why not.. with the moisturizer on your face, after it soaks in, ur face would look fresh and healthy, no flakes,greasy, oil look.. just fresh and clean..all day long. i love these two products, tomorrow, i'm going to stock up some more of this stuff.. i love it.. even though its for men, i think women can use it too.. u can find it in the mens shaving section at walgreens,rite aid,target,etc..

also.. the wash doesn't say non-comedogenic but it was tested by dermatologist.. doesn't dry out or irritate skin which is the most important factor.. i checked the ingredients and its safe to use.. heres a little tip.. on some products such as Eucerin foam face wash and Ceptphil, they say non-comegenic or will not irritate skin but i checked the ingredients and some of it clog pores and irritate skin.. such as sodium chloride.. check the comedogenic chart at (http://zerozits.com/Articles/article6.htm).

also, dan's suggested Basis bar soap to wash your face with, and that bar of soap is crap.. it contains sodium Tallowate.. sodium tallowate. Substance extracted from the fatty deposits of animals, especially from suet (the fat of cattle and sheep). Tallow is often used to make soap and candles. In soap, because of its fat content, it can be a problem for breakouts (it clog pores)

and the moisturizer, i haven't had a single pimple from it.. its oil free, enriched with vitamins, with spf 15,(great for the summer) and a little goes a long way.. with the wash too.. all you need is a nickle size to wash entire face..

another important factor is EXFOLIATE!!.. don't use sa or scrubs.. use Queen Helens Grape Peel extract.. slap it on for ten mins on face.. let dry and peel off all the dead skin without IRRITATION.. i can't stress that enough.. i had a lot of trial and error and i finally figured out to control my acne..

try not to use so many products.. stick to something simple...never pick and.. umm.. shit.. i don't know what else to say.. if you have n e questions.. feel free to reply with n e q's.. i'm happy to help.. i hope this is helpful info for you julez.. smile.gif

Guest Tempest

Hmmm..I wonder what temp it heats to...did it say? (the link did not work for me)

yea i am a guy... and my skin is very sensitive. The face wash has no scent. but the moisturizer on the other hand smells like guy stuff.. only for a quick second til it dries off.. other than that ur good to go.. i think you can wear makeup over it, i don't see why not.. with the moisturizer on your face, after it soaks in, ur face would look fresh and healthy, no flakes,greasy, oil look.. just fresh and clean..all day long.  i love these two products, tomorrow, i'm going to stock up some more of this stuff.. i love it.. even though its for men, i think women can use it too.. u can find it in the mens shaving section at walgreens,rite aid,target,etc..

also.. the wash doesn't say non-comedogenic but it was tested by dermatologist.. doesn't dry out or irritate skin which is the most important factor.. i checked the ingredients and its safe to use.. heres a little tip.. on some products such as Eucerin foam face wash and Ceptphil, they say non-comegenic or will not irritate skin but i checked the ingredients and some of it clog pores and irritate skin.. such as sodium chloride..  check the comedogenic chart at  (http://zerozits.com/Articles/article6.htm).

also, dan's suggested Basis bar soap to wash your face with, and that bar of soap is crap.. it contains sodium Tallowate.. sodium tallowate. Substance extracted from the fatty deposits of animals, especially from suet (the fat of cattle and sheep). Tallow is often used to make soap and candles. In soap, because of its fat content, it can be a problem for breakouts (it clog pores) 

and the moisturizer, i haven't had a single pimple from it.. its oil free, enriched with vitamins, with spf 15,(great for the summer) and a little goes a long way.. with the wash too.. all you need is a nickle size to wash entire face..

another important factor is EXFOLIATE!!.. don't use sa or scrubs.. use Queen Helens Grape Peel extract.. slap it on for ten mins on face.. let dry and peel off all the dead skin without IRRITATION.. i can't stress that enough.. i had a lot of trial and error and i finally figured out to control my acne..

try not to use so many products.. stick to something simple...never pick and.. umm.. shit.. i don't know what else to say.. if you have n e questions.. feel free to reply with n e q's.. i'm happy to help.. i hope this is helpful info for you julez..  smile.gif

anyway...back to the topic...

I got my Zeno on Monday. I have only had one really "good" zit to try it on since I got it (the others were already well into their formation by the time i got the zeno). Today is Thursday. On Tuesday afteroon I notice a red spot starting to form. I could feel a little bump at that time. This is the kind of zit that will take like 3 days just to form a whitehead. It's one of those really bad ones that forms WAAAAAY down deep in your pore.

Anyway. Over the past 48 hours, I have treated it with the zeno on average from every 8 to 10 hours. After 24 hours, the zit still looked pretty red and angry. But today, it has significantly lightened in its redness and soreness. It is definitely on the decline now. I can see that this one might shed a layer of skin by tomorrow and then it should hardly be noticeable in a couple of days. Based on 13 years of experience I have in fighting zits, I am 100% sure this thing helped exacerbate the decline of my zit much faster than it would have had i not used zeno. Typically, this type of zit would have been around for 2 weeks at least.

I got my Zeno on Monday.  I have only had one really "good" zit to try it on since I got it (the others were already well into their formation by the time i got the zeno).  Today is Thursday.  On Tuesday afteroon I notice a red spot starting to form.  I could feel a little bump at that time.  This is the kind of zit that will take like 3 days just to form a whitehead.  It's one of those really bad ones that forms WAAAAAY down deep in your pore.

Anyway.  Over the past 48 hours, I have treated it with the zeno on average from every 8 to 10 hours.  After 24 hours, the zit still looked pretty red and angry.  But today, it has significantly lightened in its redness and soreness.  It is definitely on the decline now.  I can see that this one might shed a layer of skin by tomorrow and then it should hardly be noticeable in a couple of days.  Based on 13 years of experience I have in fighting zits, I am 100% sure this thing helped exacerbate the decline of my zit much faster than it would have had i not used zeno.  Typically, this type of zit would have been around for 2 weeks at least.

I got my Zeno on Monday.  I have only had one really "good" zit to try it on since I got it (the others were already well into their formation by the time i got the zeno).  Today is Thursday.  On Tuesday afteroon I notice a red spot starting to form.  I could feel a little bump at that time.  This is the kind of zit that will take like 3 days just to form a whitehead.  It's one of those really bad ones that forms WAAAAAY down deep in your pore.

Anyway.  Over the past 48 hours, I have treated it with the zeno on average from every 8 to 10 hours.  After 24 hours, the zit still looked pretty red and angry.  But today, it has significantly lightened in its redness and soreness.  It is definitely on the decline now.  I can see that this one might shed a layer of skin by tomorrow and then it should hardly be noticeable in a couple of days.  Based on 13 years of experience I have in fighting zits, I am 100% sure this thing helped exacerbate the decline of my zit much faster than it would have had i not used zeno.  Typically, this type of zit would have been around for 2 weeks at least.

julez - mineral oil in not considered comedogenic which is true.. maybe some other ingredient is giving you problems...

seamus - would you say its worth the money?? also, what website did you purchase it at??

How is mineral oil considered noncomedogenic. It is made from refined fuel; isn't it? Doesn't it coat the skin like saran wrap and it can't breath? That is what I understand about it, so if that is true then wouldn't block the pore and keep all the oil in? I don't know because when I use mineral oil in a makeup, I look like an oil slick. So you are not the only one having a hard time with mineral oil.

zitfree & dolce -- i pre-ordered mine in early june off of ebay. i don't think they are allowed to (for whatever reason) sell them on ebay anymore. looks like u can buy it here: http://skin-etc.com/zeno1.html

darkdragoon -- i use it on average btw every 8-10 hours just b/c of my schedule. i use it before work, then 8 hours later when i get home, and then the next morning. i know u can use it more and it might not be a bad idea. the only thing holding me back is that you only get 90 treatments before you have to buy a refill for like 35 bucks.

as of now, i would definitely recommend this product. believe me, i'm 27 and have been battling this shit for a long time. the specific zit i mentioned in my last post is just about completely gone on this, the 3rd day. all that is left is a bump and very slight pink coloration. like i said, this zit would have been one of those that would have produced a huge whitehead and eventually gotten infected and scabbed over a dozen times before disappearing. i've NEVER had one of these go away after only 3 days. you guys can take that for what it's worth. this device doesn't prevent acne but it's a damned good tool to use to get rid of the ones you have more quickly while you're trying other routes to actually try to prevent the acne in the first place (currently, i'm trying the hibiclens antibacterial route...and this is working well although i'm only in my first week of it...).

You have to buy refill cartridges every 90 treatments? Is there actually a purpose to the cartridges or is it just a new metal tip with a fuse that burns out so you have to buy a new one all the time?