Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BriGuy86

100% Crystal Clear! 1st time in 5 years

Wow! I just found out I had Vitamin-A tablets with 50 000 I.U per tablet wink.gif One capsule covered my entire face so this should be a great start to see if i'm responding to this.

Wow! I just found out I had Vitamin-A tablets with 50 000 I.U per tablet wink.gif One capsule covered my entire face so this should be a great start to see if i'm responding to this.

Can I break open vitamin A tablets and use it on my face? And will it be as effective as the good stuff? eusa_think.gif

Hi there Julie

I'm glad your making progress so far! Thats so awsome.

Hmm, thats a good question regarding the toner. I have also used ACV in the past with pretty good results. Are you diluting it in water at all aside from the which hazel? That stuff is strong! Don't want to irritate your face ya know... I think I remember Chris mentioning a while back that any products applies AFTER using the Hibiclens will decrease its effectiveness. How much? - I'm not sure. What I do know is that I've been using the hibiclens then applying other products afterward (ie BP gel, Neo creme, Vit A) afterward and it still seems to be working great. I think you could give it a try, but please keep in mind that added irritation maybe cause ya to break out (Im sure your aware though).

As for you tan, I'm quite sure that your skin will be fine as the tan fades away. I have never really experience breakouts after having an awsome tan. As long as your doing what you plan to do (exfoliate, cleanse, etc) you should be fine 

http://www.healthnowny.com/kbase/multum/d01231t1.htm

i was going to ask a question about the use of BP and this and did a little research and stumbled upon the link above. basically im not sure if its a good idea using other topicals with hibiclens.

"Do not use other topical products on the skin after using chlorhexidine topical unless otherwise directed by your healthcare provider."

hm but than again this might not be a reliable source.

It's not good to use neosporin cream so much...

And about the hibiclens..

if those were meant to be for the treatment of acne, why doesn't it say...

i really don't wanna try something that hasn't been fully researched on...

Aren't you scared of what may happen to your face later?

Mizbachang,

Was that a reply to my post? eusa_think.gif

I'm using the Neo for spot-treating only. It heals cuts, picked-pimples and reduces red marks. I've read all the warnings, as well, and they are far easier to deal with than the terrible reactions I get from BP. After all, many acne treatments are quite damaging to your skin. Neo actually heals the skin. Bacteria resistance could happen with the Neo, the same with all topical and oral antibiotics. (BTW, Jess, the one that started the Neo threads, is at 4 + months without any adverse reactions to it so far.)

As with the hibiclens, studies have been done using it as an acne wash. It is SAFE for use on the face, as long as you do not get it in your eyes or ears. In that case, you can wash it out immediately. As mentioned before, derms and pharms alike have reccommended it's use for an acne wash. Can anyone post that info? Also, Chris has that website where he's compiling all this CGH info- you should check it out.

As with everything on this board, there are risks involved with what we try on our skin. I've weighed all the risks and benefits carefully. My skin has never looked healthier and hurt me less (as the cysts and pimples I was getting were quite painful). I'm not scared in the least bit about what will happen to my face later because my skin is incredibly healthy right now. (with the exception of the unintentional sunburn) biggrin.gif

I will continue to keep all of you updated -- especially when the summer months are over! smile.gif

-Julie

Mizbachang,

Was that a reply to my post?  eusa_think.gif

I'm using the Neo for spot-treating only.  It heals cuts, picked-pimples and reduces red marks.  I've read all the warnings, as well, and they are far easier to deal with than the terrible reactions I get from BP.  After all, many acne treatments are quite damaging to your skin.  Neo actually heals the skin.  Bacteria resistance could happen with the Neo, the same with all topical and oral antibiotics.  (BTW, Jess, the one that started the Neo threads, is at 4 + months without any adverse reactions to it so far.) 

As with the hibiclens, studies have been done using it as an acne wash.  It is SAFE for use on the face, as long as you do not get it in your eyes or ears.  In that case, you can wash it out immediately.  As mentioned before, derms and pharms alike have reccommended it's use for an acne wash.  Can anyone post that info?  Also, Chris has that website where he's compiling all this CGH info- you should check it out. 

As with everything on this board, there are risks involved with what we try on our skin.  I've weighed all the risks and benefits carefully.  My skin has never looked healthier and hurt me less (as the cysts and pimples I was getting were quite painful).  I'm not scared in the least bit about what will happen to my face later because my skin is incredibly healthy right now. (with the exception of the unintentional sunburn) biggrin.gif

I will continue to keep all of you updated -- especially when the summer months are over!  smile.gif

-Julie