Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BriGuy86

100% Crystal Clear! 1st time in 5 years

Just wanted to say it's been three days now, and my acne has been incredibly mild, mainly just one or two very small whiteheads - if any - each morning. I know it's been a short time and I'll be giving it at least a full skin cycle, but I've been pretty damn impressed thus far. This is my routine.

3x Daily (Waking up, after work, before bed)

Cleanse face with Hibiclens for a minute or two, using some water to lather best I can.

After rinsing off Hibiclens and patting dry, apply Witch Hazel to cotton pad and wipe all over face.

Wait a minute to dry by itself, and spot treat acne and red spots with Neosporin Cream.

So things have been good with Hibiclens/Witch Hazel/Neosporin combo. I'm not using any moisturizers or any BP at all. I use an electric razor, so shaving cream isn't a factor. Theoretically, the Hibiclens is killing the P. acnes, the Witch Hazel is closing my pores up and wiping off Hibiclens residue as a toner, and the Neosporin Cream is fighting active spots and removing red marks.

Hope this helps for anyone. I'll keep updated. I suggest anyone that had problems with AloeGuard to give Hibiclens a try.

Hi guys-

Just wondering if anyone out there is giving this regimen a shot or using any of the products I've listed. How's it going with them???

I have been using a similar regimen to this for about 10 days and I am 100% clear. It is amazing. I have been viewing these posts for over a year now but have never posted because there was never a reason to, until now. I have had acne for as long as I can remember and like many of us I have tried it all- The Regimen, Proactiv, Minocycline, pills, creams, just water so on and so forth. I would classify my skin as combination-dry after cleansing or showering and fairly oily after 4-6 hours and my acne as mild to moderate (although mentally it would be severe in my case). I generally get 2-5 new white heads a day with occasional cysts, my acne is only in the area around my mouth but unfortunately stands out the most in social settings. My cheeks, forehead, neck and body are all clear. I used to pop them only when they were ready and guess I was lucky that they never scarred. Acne has taken a toll on me psychologically and it is nice to finally start to reverse that process and not have to worry anymore. Anyways, my regimen is very simple and easy:

Morning:

-Shave in shower using Mach3 and Gillette Skin Care.

-Wash gently with Hibiclens for about 1-2 minutes and rinse off. (The liquid consistency sucks but it works)

-Get out of shower, pat dry face and apply 3 pumps of Eucerin Skin Renewal with SPF15.

Amazingly, that's it. At first I was going to do morning and night but kept forgetting. It didn't seem to matter because I started clearing from day 1, and my skin tone and texture is at its best. So I decided to just do morning and I have had no problems since. I know 10 days isn't a huge amount of time but I can assure you this product is different in what it does and can do. Like BriGuy86 and Chris 23 it is not something you can explain, but we can tell you it some how works. To Bri and Chris, thanks for your info and follow-up, I posted because I didn't want to be that guy who gets clear and takes off without letting anyone know it worked. Any questions, feel free to post. Also, for those who are worried about getting in their eyes and mouths try using a cotton pad for more control. Good luck to all, it doesn't hurt to try.

BRIGUY

How do you know it takes 3 hours for Vitamin A to absorb into the skin and about 6 hours that it has an effect on the sebaceous glands?

BRIGUY

How do you know it takes 3 hours for Vitamin A to absorb into the skin and about 6 hours that it has an effect on the sebaceous glands?

hmmm the Edge Pro Gel ... ain't that for men ! ,,, how about female using it ???

Hi,

This is interesting reading.......I do have 2 areas that even laser hasn't helped clear up (clogged pores) and I'm wondering if this will work on them.

I was also worried about using it on the face but found this on http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Uses/0,39...biclens,00.html :

To use chlorhexidine cleanser for acne, wet your face then wash your face with about 1 teaspoonful of the cleanser. Rinse and dry your face well. You should use the cleanser twice daily, in the morning and evening, or as directed by your prescriber or health care professional.

So, I may give this a try and see if it works better than the $100+ Cellex-C that my doctors office wants me to buy.......

Hi,

This is interesting reading.......I do have 2 areas that even laser haven't helped clear up (clogged pores) and I'm wondering if this will work on them.

I was also worried about using it on the face but found this on http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Uses/0,39...biclens,00.html  :

To use chlorhexidine cleanser for acne, wet your face then wash your face with about 1 teaspoonful of the cleanser. Rinse and dry your face well. You should use the cleanser twice daily, in the morning and evening, or as directed by your prescriber or health care professional.

So, I may give this a try and see if it works better than the $100+ Cellex-C that my doctors office wants me to buy.......

Hi guys. Just an update: I'm still maintaining a clear complexion and getting brighter every day. I switched my moistureizer from Nivea for men (which works great) to Dove Essential Day lotion with spf15 because of the larger size. After a weeks worth of use, its working great. The smell isn't quite as manly as the Nivea, but its still good.

How are peoples progress going with Hibiclens/ Vit A???? If your having success with THE HIB, give success stories to Chris23 !!! cool.gif

Hey BriGuy86!

Congratulations on your regimen and your skin! I'm really glad for you! And great work sharing your regimen, progress and answering questions! eusa_angel.gif

Now I live in Sweden, 20 years old and have had acne for about 5 years, but I've never had cysts or any major acne. I would consider my acne to be very mild with only a few whiteheads now and then.

I've got combination skin with an oily T-zone except for the forehead. So my cheeks has almost perfect skin cause they don't produce much oil, but it's on my nose and around my mouth there can come up some whiteheads, maybe 2-3 / week. After cleansing in about 3-4 hours I've got alot of oil in those areas. I feel that if I can decrease the oil production in that area my acne will be gone so I'm very interested in the Vitamin A that you're using.

I'm wondering what kind of skin you have?

How do you use the Vitamin A? Using it on a cotton pad and then on the face? How much are you using etc. ?

How long would a bottle of Vitamin A last?

Sorry for my english.

Keep up the good work and congratulations again! eusa_angel.gif

Hey BriGuy86!

Congratulations on your regimen and your skin! I'm really glad for you! And great work sharing your regimen, progress and answering questions!  eusa_angel.gif

Now I live in Sweden, 20 years old and have had acne for about 5 years, but I've never had cysts or any major acne. I would consider my acne to be very mild with only a few whiteheads now and then.

I've got combination skin with an oily T-zone except for the forehead. So my cheeks has almost perfect skin cause they don't produce much oil, but it's on my nose and around my mouth there can come up some whiteheads, maybe 2-3 / week. After cleansing in about 3-4 hours I've got alot of oil in those areas. I feel that if I can decrease the oil production in that area my acne will be gone so I'm very interested in the Vitamin A that you're using.

How do you use the Vitamin A? Using it on a cotton pad and then on the face? How much are you using etc. ?

Sorry for my english.

Keep up the good work and congratulations again!  eusa_angel.gif

Okay, I'm adding my experience...

I've been using hibiclens for about only 3 days now. I've noticed no new breakouts and the bumps under the skin that make me paranoid aren't coming up. I had these three white bumps (not whiteheads, but blocked pores, i think) on the right side of my chin and they're going away! I have many of those blocked pores, so if this is because of the hibiclens, then that's awesome! eusa_dance.gif

This is my tweeked regime, based on the evidence that hibiclens effectiveness depends on the pH of your skin idea.gif :

1) Rub in C&C Deep Action Cream Cleanser with washcloth (to exfoliate and maybe lower skin pH - contains salicylic acid. I've taken the baking soda out of my regime for the time being because of possibly raising the pH of my skin.)

2) Use hibiclens, let sit on face for 30 secs to 1 min, rinse completely

3) I want to tone (with 1/2 ACV 1/2 Witch Hazel mixture), but haven't yet. Will toning take away the effectiveness of the hibiclens? eusa_think.gif At least I know my toner won't raise the pH.

4) Spot treat with Neosporin

5) moisturize with C&C Dual Action Moisturizer + C&C Morning Glow ONLY on areas where necessary and not on the spot-treated areas (usually around eyes and tip of nose)

Too early to tell, but I may be clearing! I have a killer tan, which makes my skin less sensitive because it's thicker. Any thoughts on when I lose my tan? Do you think with consistent, gentle exfoliation and the hibiclens that I can avoid the breakout that people seem to get after the summer?

-Julie

BriGuy86:

I just have one additional question. I've ordered the vitamin-A drops from www.thevitamincure.com and i'm wondering how much you think this did, acnewise, for your skin?

Looking at both products i'd say the vitamin-A definitively has to be the strongest one of the two. I'm simply not convinced that this "new" cleanser earns all the credit it's given.

But maybe as usual, i'm wrong tongue.gif

Okay, I'm adding my experience...

I've been using hibiclens for about only 3 days now.  I've noticed no new breakouts and the bumps under the skin that make me paranoid aren't coming up.  I had these three white bumps (not whiteheads, but blocked pores, i think) on the right side of my chin and they're going away!  I have many of those blocked pores, so if this is because of the hibiclens, then that's awesome!  eusa_dance.gif

This is my tweeked regime, based on the evidence that hibiclens effectiveness depends on the pH of your skin  idea.gif :

1) Rub in C&C Deep Action Cream Cleanser with washcloth (to exfoliate and maybe lower skin pH - contains salicylic acid.  I've taken the baking soda out of my regime for the time being because of possibly raising the pH of my skin.)

2) Use hibiclens, let sit on face for 30 secs to 1 min, rinse completely

3) I want to tone (with 1/2 ACV 1/2 Witch Hazel mixture), but haven't yet.  Will toning take away the effectiveness of the hibiclens?  eusa_think.gif  At least I know my toner won't raise the pH.

4) Spot treat with Neosporin

5) moisturize with C&C Dual Action Moisturizer + C&C Morning Glow ONLY on areas where necessary and not on the spot-treated areas (usually around eyes and tip of nose)

Too early to tell, but I may be clearing!  I have a killer tan, which makes my skin less sensitive because it's thicker.  Any thoughts on when I lose my tan?  Do you think with consistent, gentle exfoliation and the hibiclens that I can avoid the breakout that people seem to get after the summer?

-Julie

BriGuy86:

I just have one additional question. I've ordered the vitamin-A drops from www.thevitamincure.com and i'm wondering how much you think this did, acnewise, for your skin?

Looking at both products i'd say the vitamin-A definitively has to be the strongest one of the two. I'm simply not convinced that this "new" cleanser earns all the credit it's given.

BriGuy86:

lol you bring up a great point. The Hibiclens without a doubt has helped me tremendously- in terms of killing bacteria. On the other hand, the Vit A works differently in that it halts my oil production. Once the oil is gone, the little devils can't thrive like they could before. So your right on that part- the Vit A is "stronger" in a sense. So, if your taking away their home or "happy place" (oil) while basically bombing the crap out of them with anti bacterial agents (ie Hibiclens, BP gel, and Neo creme), they just don't stand a chance.

Hey BriGuy86!

Congratulations on your regimen and your skin! I'm really glad for you! And great work sharing your regimen, progress and answering questions!  eusa_angel.gif

Sorry for my english.

Keep up the good work and congratulations again!  eusa_angel.gif

I wear makeup, and I'm guessing that the hibiclens won't wash it completely off. What would be a good gentle cleanser that would wash off the foundation. I don't really want something harsh in case the hibiclens does dry my skin out. I would have to wash the makeup off, then use the hibiclens....any suggestions?

I wear makeup, and I'm guessing that the hibiclens won't wash it completely off.  What would be a good gentle cleanser that would wash off the foundation.  I don't really want something harsh in case the hibiclens does dry my skin out.  I would have to wash the makeup off, then use the hibiclens....any suggestions?

I wear makeup, and I'm guessing that the hibiclens won't wash it completely off.  What would be a good gentle cleanser that would wash off the foundation.  I don't really want something harsh in case the hibiclens does dry my skin out.  I would have to wash the makeup off, then use the hibiclens....any suggestions?

Hi

A good OTC cleanser that I have used in the past is Dove moisturizing creme cleaser. you can find it at any store. Its very gently and should do its job at removing your makeup biggrin.gif

Hi

A good OTC cleanser that I have used in the past is Dove moisturizing creme cleaser. you can find it at any store. Its very gently and should do its job at removing your makeup biggrin.gif

I reckon the initial breakout shouldn't be that bad if you have mild acne? :o I just hope so :>