Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BriGuy86

100% Crystal Clear! 1st time in 5 years

Do you get an initial breakout with this stuff? And does it help get rid of blackheads??? I'm currently using Provon and it helps a little but i still breakout...

My face is gradually getting more oily, or going back to normal I should say, just using the hibiclens, or maybe it's the shave gel. Regardless, what does the topical Vitamin A stuff do, I don't feel like reading their whole website. Does it just kill oil or what?

Do you get an initial breakout with this stuff? And does it help get rid of blackheads??? I'm currently using Provon and it helps a little but i still breakout...

My face is gradually getting more oily, or going back to normal I should say, just using the hibiclens, or maybe it's the shave gel. Regardless, what does the topical Vitamin A stuff do, I don't feel like reading their whole website. Does it just kill oil or what?

would the oils that are the bases become comegenic? maybe thats why some people experience some breakouts?

Have you read the directions?

"Directions:

Skin wound and general skin cleansing: Wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated with Hibiclens. Hibiclens should not be used for repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas except in those patients whose underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin...."

I don't think this was designed to use daily on your face.

Strangely enough, I just checked out the topical Vit A on the company's website yesterday and I'm very interested in it. My skin is very oily but I feel like my skin would clear up completely if I could just decrease my oil production. I'm just a little scared to try the Vit A because you have to put oil on your face as well. It almost seems counter-productive... Did you find that you broke out from the oil you had to put on your face when you did the Vit A? Thanks for your great responses to peoples questions, and by the way, congrats on having CLEAR skin! I'm 19 too and I've had acne for about 5 years and I would LOVE to be done with it for good! Hopefully you've compiled a regimen that works!!

I got a topical vitamin A but it says it only has 5000 UI per drop so i need to get a stronger one? I checked whether if it was comegenic but it looks like it is not...the ingredients are not comegenic at all, i can't say about the other ones....

Another question:

Which cleaner works better?

1. hibiclens

2. aloe guard

3. provan

? anyone have any suggestions.

Strangely enough, I just checked out the topical Vit A on the company's website yesterday and I'm very interested in it. My skin is very oily but I feel like my skin would clear up completely if I could just decrease my oil production. I'm just a little scared to try the Vit A because you have to put oil on your face as well. It almost seems counter-productive... Did you find that you broke out from the oil you had to put on your face when you did the Vit A? Thanks for your great responses to peoples questions, and by the way, congrats on having CLEAR skin! I'm 19 too and I've had acne for about 5 years and I would LOVE to be done with it for good! Hopefully you've compiled a regimen that works!!

Did you read the warnings for Hibiclens?

Warnings; For external use only. Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. Hibiclens should not be used as a preoperative skin preparation of the face or head. Misuse of Hibiclens has been reported to cause serious and permanent eye injury when it has been permitted to enter and remain in the eye during surgical procedures. If Hibiclens should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water.

Warnings; For external use only. Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. Hibiclens should not be used as a preoperative skin preparation of the face or head. Misuse of Hibiclens has been reported to cause serious and permanent eye injury when it has been permitted to enter and remain in the eye during surgical procedures. If Hibiclens should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water.

Doesn't sound like a great idea to be washing your face with that stuff.

To Bri,

Did you suffer from clogged pores or more inflammed acne?

Curious as I suffer from clogged pores more than inflammed acne.

To Bri,

Did you suffer from clogged pores or more inflammed acne?

Curious as I suffer from clogged pores more than inflammed acne.

briguy - how long have you been on the regimen?  do you not get ANY zits anymore?

Hi-

I've been on my regimen for almost 6 weeks with the exception of the Vit A, which I've been using for about 2 weeks now. Before using the Vit A, I used Jojoba oil which worked very well. Since I started I've had 2 new spots- both very small and dissapeared within 2 days mianly thanks to the Neosporin creme. Since my face doesn't really produce oil anymore, I'm not breaking out at all. I havn't had a new spot for about 3 weeks. I'm hoping my acne days are over for good!!