Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BriGuy86

100% Crystal Clear! 1st time in 5 years

Hi guys. Thanks to all of your precious information I've been studying and compiling over the past few months, I feel like I should share my regimen I have designed based on several peoples product recomendations. It has given me clear skin for the first time in 5 years. I'm 19 now.

Alrighty- Heres what I've been doing for the past month:

Upon rising:

-Shave with Mach 3 power razor and Edge pro gel sensitive skin w/aloe

-Cleanse with HIBICLENS for about 1min VERY gently- wait 5min to dry

-Apply Dan's BP gel to trouble areas (cheeks and forehead)wait 10min to fully absorb

-Apply Nivea for Men daily protective lotion with spf 15

Before Bed:

-Cleanse with HIBICLENS for about 1min VERY gently- wait 5min to dry

-Apply topical Vitamin A (bought from www.thevitamincure.com)- wait 10min to absorb

-Apply Neosporin Creme to any redmarks and/or active spots

There you have it. My regimen thats given me 100% clear skin! I just added in the Topic Vitamin A about a week ago and so far its TOTALLY ELIMINATED my oil productivity. Wow I love it. The Hibiclens cleanser is VERY effective. Be sure to keep your eyes closed tight and rub gently. If you have Qs, hit me back. Hope this helps! Dan, thank you as well!

Brian

where do u buy the Hibicleans is it at walmart and which section would it be at and what is the brand?

For the topical vitmain A what does that help just the oil production issue? i saw this selling it at a health store!!

As for dan's BP can you replace it with Panoxy or another BP or does it have to be dans?

Keep me posted

Thanks

where do u buy the Hibicleans is it at walmart and which section would it be at and what is the brand?

For the topical vitmain A what does that help just the oil production issue? i saw this selling it at a health store!!

As for dan's BP can you replace it with Panoxy or another BP or does it have to be dans?

Keep me posted

Thanks

Hi briguy, how long have u been doing this regiment? and how fast did u see improvment?

I just went and bought Hibiclens, and the Edge shave gel. When I poured out the hibiclens I noticed it was all liquid and not much of a lather. How much / how do you go about using it?

BriGuy86, when using Hibiclens do you notieced any side effects on your skin or acne. Do you get intial breakout, dry skin, clog pores, or reddened on the pimple?

I just went and bought Hibiclens, and the Edge shave gel. When I poured out the hibiclens I noticed it was all liquid and not much of a lather. How much / how do you go about using it?

BriGuy86, when using Hibiclens do you notieced any side effects on your skin or acne. Do you get intial breakout, dry skin, clog pores, or reddened on the pimple?

currently i'm using neosporin all over my face twice a day and using Purpose wash to cleanse my face. I will buy hibiclens bottle today to try it out.

And also, for those of who are attempting to give this regimen a try, please keep up posted on your progress. I'll be more than happy to help anyone out! I love success stories! biggrin.gif

I forgot to add,

For those of you who are hisitant about trying the topical Vit A, an alternative that I've used was Jojoba oil. You should find that it is a great bedtime moisturizer and that it will decrease your oil production over time- though not as significantly as the Vit A cool.gif

How does the chlorhexidine compare with chloroxylenol in the Provon and other anti-microbial soaps? I've JUST started using the chloroxylenol soap and it seems to be helping to control the oil. Thanks!

How does the chlorhexidine compare with chloroxylenol in the Provon and other anti-microbial soaps?  I've JUST started using the chloroxylenol soap and it seems to be helping to control the oil.  Thanks!

Active Ingredients: Chlorhexidine Gluconate (4%)

Inactive Ingredients: Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Purified Water, Red 40

] hibiclens...it has isopropyl alcohol...so wouldn't it make the scars more red? Would it irritate the skin?

Active Ingredients: Chlorhexidine Gluconate (4%)

Inactive Ingredients: Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Purified Water, Red 40

] hibiclens...it has isopropyl alcohol...so wouldn't it make the scars more red? Would it irritate the skin?

Have you read the directions?

"Directions:

Skin wound and general skin cleansing: Wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated with Hibiclens. Hibiclens should not be used for repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas except in those patients whose underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin...."

I don't think this was designed to use daily on your face.