Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow....I got my first facial today and I love the results. I thought my skin was clearing up before, but this is amazing. She used a million masks/cleansers/peely-things and squeezed everything out of my skin....Anyway I would recommend finding a reputable spa to anyone....If my student budget allows this will definitely become a thing for me smile.gif

Anyway my question is has anyone used the Dermalogica line of products. Thats what the spa lady recommended for me, they seem decent, but kinda pricey. I'm thinking of buying the microexfoliant, but it almost reminds me of baking soda hahaha

So....anyone used this line?

Wow....I got my first facial today and I love the results. I thought my skin was clearing up before, but this is amazing. She used a million masks/cleansers/peely-things and squeezed everything out of my skin....Anyway I would recommend finding a reputable spa to anyone....If my student budget allows this will definitely become a thing for me smile.gif

Anyway my question is has anyone used the Dermalogica line of products. Thats what the spa lady recommended for me, they seem decent, but kinda pricey. I'm thinking of buying the microexfoliant, but it almost reminds me of baking soda hahaha

So....anyone used this line?

I was wondering if this was a good option.. I really want to go!

I heard it is bad for your skin to get rid of acne this way, though..anybody know?

Was really bad for my skin!!

The moisturizer was just GREAT and their was some mask that really calmed my breakouts down since i went to a spa before and they specialized in these products!!

It's tooo expensive and definetly not worth it ... I say the Clean and Clear OTC products work even better

That's great your doing facials. I'm having facials too... But, I never heard Dermalogica line from my ethetician. Well, they do sale some of their products. They are called Only YourX skin care I've only bought from them the scrub. It cost me alot but, it's worth it cause' it only contains 2.5% benzoyl. Is pretty mild. So, it doesn't irritate my skin. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the replies.

@ ambivalent: I think if you do some research and find a reputable spa nearby, it is totally worth it. My skin feels sooo much better, almost like it can breathe or something.

About dermalogica, I've used the samples of the cleanser and the moisturizer twice, and I really don't think they are anything special. I read a lot of reviews about the microfoliant though and it's really popular, it's supposed to be good for even hyperpigmentation (it has fruit enzymes, rice and SA) so it sounds pretty good. Anyway, I'm going to use it for the next few days and I'll report my results smile.gif

That's great your doing facials. I'm having facials too... But, I never heard Dermalogica line from my ethetician. Well, they do sale some of their products. They are called Only YourX skin care  I've only bought from them the scrub. It cost me alot but, it's worth it cause' it only contains 2.5% benzoyl. Is pretty mild. So, it doesn't irritate my skin. biggrin.gif

Many people reply on my regimen they say I'm spending too much money on facials. But, they really don't know how much it improves your skin.

Many people reply on my regimen they say I'm spending too much money on facials. But, they really don't know how much it improves your skin.

I'm glad this topic has come up, because I'm going to take my daughter for a facial at the derm tomorrow. She's had a couple before, and I was really put off because she looked so bad right after. Her face was totally red and "picked" looking. It's been about a year, and since then she's been on accutane, but the pimples are coming back. She has those under-the-skin bumps below the corners of her mouth that a lot of people complain about. I don't see how those will go away any other way than by extracting. This time we'll know what to expect, and give it a try for at least a few months. We've talked about repeating accutane, but even with that you have to go in once a month for a blood test, so maybe we'll go in once a month for a facial instead.

I'd like to ask those of you who get regular facials, does your skin look smooth, or do you have marks from the extractions? Do you think there are long term benefits, in other words your skin looks better and better? How do you deal with the redness right afterward (especially the scabs from the extractions)? Thanks in advance.

I'd like to ask those of you who get regular facials, does your skin look smooth, or do you have marks from the extractions?

Yes, it looks more pamper. Yes, you do get marks from the extractions but, they usually heal right away.

Do you think there are long term benefits, in other words your skin looks better and better?

Yes, if it's done properly. Compare to my experience my skin looks great. But, I still have the redmarks and the scars to deal.

How do you deal with the redness right afterward (especially the scabs from the extractions)?

Well, it does look smooth. But there's no doubt you gonna look all pick. I don't mind that. My ethetician tells me to always ice. I just take a cube of ice and rub gently on the extracted areas. By the next day my skin is back to normal.

I'm glad this topic has come up, because I'm going to take my daughter for a facial at the derm tomorrow.  She's had a couple before, and I was really put off because she looked so bad right after.  Her face was totally red and "picked" looking.  It's been about a year, and since then she's been on accutane, but the pimples are coming back.  She has those under-the-skin bumps below the corners of her mouth that a lot of people complain about.  I don't see how those will go away any other way than by extracting.  This time we'll know what to expect, and give it a try for at least a few months.  We've talked about repeating accutane, but even with that you have to go in once a month for a blood test, so maybe we'll go in once a month for a facial instead.

I got the acne pack from dermalogica, it certainly evend out my skin , not as bumpy and felt lovely and soft, still have spots but the salicc acid is good if you feel a spot comming put it on it and it stops it ,

would love a facial but cant afford it

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1119581658/gallery_9283_915_132475.jpg

This is when the ethetician told me I was gonna breakout alot. Like any treatments you bound to get to that point.

I had severe acne and it was devastating. So as you can see my acne was bad...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1120013949/gallery_9283_282_2806.jpg

I have done like 14 facials so far in 3 months. So, I think is worth it. The facials I've done range about 800 bucks...but, like I volunteer to be there guine pig. They did it free!!!! So, I was lucky on that part. Now I just get facials once in while. I only payed 50 bucks.

@ Claud: WOW...what an improvement in your skin.

whoknows: I can only speak from limited experience, but I had my first facial yesterday and my skin is very smooth, no marks whatsoever. I didn't really have a lot of breakouts beforehand anyway, I really went to fix clogged pores and what the esthetician called "congested skin"

As for long term benefits...I definitely plan on going back, so I'll tell you how it goes....but if Claud's any indication....

Lovely,

I totally agree w/ the facials.  I try to get a facial every 4-6 weeks.  The extractions and steam are very benefical.  I think everyone should try to add that into their regimens.  It can get pricey though!

I've had several estheticans recommend Dermaologica for acne prone skin.  I've tried the daily microfoliant, cleanser, gentle cream exfoliant and moisturizer.  The two products I would recommend are the microfoliant and the gentle cream exfoliant.  The microfoliant didn't exfoliate as much as I needed so I switched to the gentle cream one.  The gentle cream works well for me.  It has Lactic acid and Sal. acid and fruit enzymes too.

Hope this helps!

@ Claud: WOW...what an improvement in your skin.

whoknows: I can only speak from limited experience, but I had my first facial yesterday and my skin is very smooth, no marks whatsoever. I didn't really have a lot of breakouts beforehand anyway, I really went to fix clogged pores and what the esthetician called "congested skin"

As for long term benefits...I definitely plan on going back, so I'll tell you how it goes....but if Claud's any indication....

You should. It depends on your skin. If it's mild acne I don't think you need alot of facials. But, if it's severe well you need more. That's what my ethetician told me when she saw me. But, now I hardly breakout at all. I get a few. Unlike before I just to get like 20 pimples at a time. I'm so happy I got this done. If any of you guys want to get facials make sure you find a ethetician that knows about acne and certified. I'm really  bless that I found one. She knows my skin like a book. lol

Lovely how is your skin condition?

You should. It depends on your skin. If it's mild acne I don't think you need alot of facials. But, if it's severe well you need more. That's what my ethetician told me when she saw me. But, now I hardly breakout at all. I get a few. Unlike before I just to get like 20 pimples at a time. I'm so happy I got this done. If any of you guys want to get facials make sure you find a ethetician that knows about acne and certified. I'm really  bless that I found one. She knows my skin like a book. lol

Lovely how is your skin condition?

My skin has cleared up a lot from just taking care of myself better internally, it went from moderate to mild to almost non-existent. I basically only break-out now when I go crazy with sugar and dairy or when I'm really really stressed.

That said, my skin wasn't exactly smooth, the esthetician said it's congested, I had a lot of itty bitty bumps and blackheads which she extracted...and it made a huge difference. As of right now I have one pimple...the rest is smooth, and I have some PIh on my forehead. She recommended gentle exfoliation at home to take care of that. That's why I'm tempted to shell out for the microfoliation product.... hhmmmmmm