Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deluxe

i really need help/advice

back story...to get an idea of what my skin has been like...

so i've had acne since about 7th grade...didn't get bad til about 10th...12th grade up to this december, it's been pretty clear.

in 9th grade i tried proactiv. no dice.

then went to a derm...i've used a bunch of differnt topicals..benzaclin, things that end in mycin/clin(i honestly don't even remember anymore), some antibiotics...just a bunch of stuff for about a year..didn't really do much then i just said f it and stopped using that crap because it was getting to cost too much $ and wasn't doing much.

for the past two years i've been using neutrogena wash and their on the spot treatment..which is when my skin was pretty clear. for the time being, it was cheap and effective.

around december, i stopped using it for about a month. i was using cetaphil. i started breaking out really bad..and two huge ones on my upper lip so i decided to go back to the derm..gave me differin, duac, and doxycycline.

the doxy made me nauseous...i threw up when i would take it..after a month i started breaking out in those really annoying, neverending bumps under the skin(cysts/nodules? i don't know the difference, sorry) and i didn't have another $100 to spend on three things so i just stopped and used the duac until i ran out, which lasted about two months.

i went to my dr in april and was prescribed orthotricycline. it hasn't really done much. my skin is still the same. i'm still getting those huge things under the skin.

so basically, does anyone have any advice? my dad told me to try accutane but i don't know if my case would get me it. its not severe by any means but it's still something that really bothers me and a lot of things haven't worked.

i really want this to stop before it gets worse.

i was thinking about asking to switch yasmin...mainly due to psychotic issues with my current bc.

i'm still using the neutrogena stuff.

i'm mainly concerned about the painful ones i get under my skin.

is there anything you can suggest? honestly, i don't even care about the normal whiteheads or anything i used to get (i never got cysts before this year)...i just want the cysts to stop.

do you think yasmin could help with that?

or would accutane be an option, even though my skin isn't that bad?

the first pic is from november...when my skin was good...its only half my face but thats pretty much what my entire face looked like (except the scars on my forehead)

the rest are current.

the ones on my cheeks are ALL those painful ones under the skin.

before this year, i've never had anything on my cheeks!

help, pleeeeeease?

i'm going to the dr this week and desperately want to help this out, in fear of it getting worse.

(i'm an idiot so i dont know if these pictures worked)

[attachmentid=1583][attachmentid=1584][attachmentid=1585][attachmentid=1586]

post-16925-1119995979_thumb.jpg

post-16925-1119996085_thumb.jpg

post-16925-1119996101_thumb.jpg

post-16925-1119996109_thumb.jpg

post-16925-1119995979_thumb.jpg

post-16925-1119996085_thumb.jpg

post-16925-1119996101_thumb.jpg

post-16925-1119996109_thumb.jpg

Guest Craigems

very mild case of acne ... i spose if your have tried heaps then a low dose course of tane is good, but really you look normal.

Your face is pretty clear watcha talking bout girl??! Thats how mine was before i used my mom's facial steaming! Before you try anything else, try my facial steaming first!

i know its very mild...but the thing is, i've been getting cysts or whatever they are for the past 4 months or so after never having them before..i currently have six still there...i'm just worried about getting more.

tats okay..its good to think ahead before it goes KABOOM BABY and u get all panicky and trying all th ese shitty ads. SO THATS GOOD! Dont try anything too strong cos urs is still very mild. It may get worse if ur not careful. So be careful on what u put on ur face! eusa_pray.gif

mild or not, i still get cysts...unless you can give me another idea as to what can help those...that's all i was asking for.

wow, im sorry babe but im agreeing with everyone else, i wish i had acne like yours. it really isnt that bad. i suppose your face could be worse at the moment, but at least you dont get loes of bump and whiteheads like i do on my face! I know the big painful cystsy type spots can be annoying, ive got 2 at the moment on my chin. hate them, they take ages to heal. im thinking of going on accutane aswell because i think it works, but doc says I have to try antibiotics and stuff first, and my acne aint that bad, and yours isnt as bad as mine. what stuff have you tried? i know it can be fustrating, but you might find something that works, antibiotics, topical treatment. Ive just been precribed differin and tetralysal antibiotics, i cant tell you on progress only on 2nd week. Accutane seems to work with loes of people. they appear to be 100 percent clear so i know its teasing, but remember if your case is mild ive read you can get a hge huge breakout much worse then your regular acne, these could lead to minor scarring for ages. im not an expert, so i dont know just offering my opinion but hey, i feel for you, dont worry your not the only 1 with acne. god i hate acne

take care xx

try leaving them alone. Don't pick at all. Wash gently am and pm. Moisturize at night if nessecary. While washing or applying makeup, rub gently, like barely touching your skin.

You have very mild acne. Leave it completely alone, it might leave you alone as well.

Trying all kinds of antibiotics and topicals might strengthen the acne and cause it to get worse.

Don't touch it.

im sorry to be thick but how can topicals and antibiotics strengethern your acne??? it can get rid of it and yes the bacteria can become resistant but that doesnt necessarily mean that the acne will come back twice as strong does it????? Im just not really sure what you mean by that point.

your acne is similar to mine and i totally see where your coming from and if its getting you down you should go and have a consultation with ur derm. Im on antibiotics for my acne which is similar to yours but i get more whiteheads and it seems to be working so far although now im slightly worried from the above comment that the bacteria will get stronger and my acne will become worse than ever.

I don't know how. but everytime a bacteria becomes resistant to a certain antibiotic, it strengthens the bacteria. As stated in many posts.

I agree. my acne got worse after erythromycen, then doc gave me that again, got worse again. Then tetra, and my face literally blew up. Too bad you can't go straight to accutane. In some cases anyway.

Lots of people have had success with the regimen. I tried it and my skin was way too sensitive. At first I was starting to clear, but then it practically burned my face off and causing a huge breakout. Then after my skin got semi-normal, I did it every second night, same thing. Then every third night. And again, it backfired on me. I was only using 2.5%. And ton of moisturizer. I guess it just wasn't for me.

I told my doc about this and he didn't even try prescription topicals on me. Thank god. I think I was beyond that anyway.

But if you don't have super sensitive skin like me, it could definately work for you. But personally, I hate topicals.

Lots of people have had success with the regimen. I tried it and my skin was way too sensitive. At first I was starting to clear, but then it practically burned my face off and causing a huge breakout. Then after my skin got semi-normal, I did it every second night, same thing. Then every third night. And again, it backfired on me. I was only using 2.5%. And ton of moisturizer. I guess it just wasn't for me.

I told my doc about this and he didn't even try prescription topicals on me. Thank god. I think I was beyond that anyway.

But if you don't have super sensitive skin like me, it could definately work for you. But personally, I hate topicals.

I am on accutane right now. Only thing that has worked for me. Don't be scared. I guess some poeple do have success with antibiotics. maybe you'll be one. But They are not your last option. So don't worry, if they are not for you, they are not your last option either.

Your doc is the best person to ask about dosage and your next step.

u serious? ur skin is almost flawless? but if it bothers u then go for it, a lot of people will tell u loads of bollocks about it but its not that bad, if ur skin bothers u and u can change it then y not??? i very much doubt youd be allowed roaccutane tho sorry

if acne effects the way u feel about yourself, then i think accutane is the answer..i would just explain to your derm how you feel and ask for the tane..good luck!

i wasn't even saying i was going to ask for accutane....i posted to get other opinions because accutane is the only thing i'm familar with that helps cysts.

i was just seeking advice on what i could do to stop it before i keep getting more cysts...what could help prevent them.

unfortunately we live in a society where we are judged and who doesn't want nice, clear skin? severe or mild, we all want the same thing.

i really don't want to do anymore topicals. i can't afford another $50 tube of differin and $50 tube of duac, especially when it may just make it worse. and antibiotics make me puke and feel sick even when i take them with food.

maybe i will ask to switch my birth control. it's spiro that has helped some people, yes? obviously theres a chance it won't help but my current one isn't helping much and making me crazy anyway so i guess its worth a try.

are there any good cleansers/moisturizers out there? nooooo cetaphil. the wash was awful and the moisturizer makes me feel really greasy and it makes my makeup smear off a lot.

i really think i'm gonna leave it alone...just wash....because last year when i wasn't really doing anything my skin was nice...and as soon as i started the whole cetaphil/doxy/duac/differin thing, i started getting all these cysts...so thanks to who suggested that.