Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brama

Mild Acne: Anyone Take Accutane For It??

How bad does your acne have to be in order to get accuntane??

Mine is very mild, however Im 36 years old and using reint-A micro in order to keepit looking this way... Im just so sick of it and want the Tane to wipe it out already.

Thanks for any replies...

Hi, you should see your G.P for antibiotics. If you only have it mild then antibiotics should work if not then you will be refered to a derm. Try using Benzoyle Peroxide as well it helps alot with acne. I don't think you will get Accutane 1st time without trying all other methods.

I have had mild acne for 25+ years. I am a few years older than you. I am on accutane now. I'm having wonderful results. I'm hoping that this stuff will finally kill my acne. I have tried so many products over the counter and perscprtion and nothing permanantly cleared my acne, it just supressed it. I started out with a low dosage of 20mg and now I'm on 60mg. Hope this helps.

I did -- nothing, and I mean NOTHING (antibiotics, creams, pills of every kind other than Accutane, alternative meds/health etc, etc, etc). I'm now 42, and the derm was more than happy to put me on it! You can read about my experience by clicking on the link in my signature below; I've just finished up a 4 month course of Accutane treatment.

Good luck!

Cashmira biggrin.gif